• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games Are Open For The Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Couple of other items.

1. https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/441/ this game will load not load. Also the icon for the game on the tabs is missing.
2. In all browsers I have tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox, the Jump to next gam button does not work.
3. Here is an image of the colors being duplicated,
ljGliC8.png
I have noticed this in classic massive, the others seem to be OK those that I have checked.
4. Also the game listing is not in order of how long left for your turn.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Thanks - We're looking in to it....

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
You'r right, hortik :)

Three or more teams would make it a much different game. I hate 3 teams. So when it's all ready I would like to see some 4 team Assassin games if we still have the option of having to kill the whole team and not just the easy target. Great idea. I wish I would come up with a great idea. There is a song called Classic Girl by Jane's Addiction, there is a line in the song where he says. I have such a wonderful girl who comes up with these great ideas and she lets me share them with my friends as if they were my ideas. I don't have the wording exact, but you get the point.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Couple of other items.

1. https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/441/ this game will load not load. Also the icon for the game on the tabs is missing.
2. In all browsers I have tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox, the Jump to next gam button does not work.
3. Here is an image of the colors being duplicated,
ljGliC8.png
I have noticed this in classic massive, the others seem to be OK those that I have checked.
4. Also the game listing is not in order of how long left for your turn.

That's the same issue as with the ranks - since the games are not linked to the database, they're kind of standalone games. This means that 'jump to next' won't work, neither would the correct order. But, as Sheriff said, the UI issues are the next step, so that will definitely improve

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Gotcha, sorry just wanted to report anything that looked like it would be a bug.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
ok, it is very exciting to see a glimpse of this, after all this time of anticipation. i really like these little microimprovements: the more detailed info in the record tab, the highlighting of who is next to play in the games tab, the ability to hide inactive players, the ability to highlight territories in respect to the cards you are holding.. great stuff, & there might be more i am still missing.
speed is great for sure, but overall experience seems a bit shaky. i do have to reload the screen sometimes before being able to do anything, and i get occasional connection loss messages or flickers while throwing dice. but i might also feel a bit torn about the speed in itself: before i came to this site & tried other digital iterations of risk, there usually used to be some kind of animation for the dice throw - silly things like horsemen or cannons approaching each other. but it gave the moment of attack some kind of (ridiculous) epic depth. i always found those animations annoying, but the time it takes the current engine to produce the results of an attack, seems to create its own natural and suspenseful delay - like there is something actually happening during the encounter of good dice vs evil dice. i like that. but i really dont know what i am saying with this, surely the benefits of the improved speed outweigh this loss (?) substantially, and i really dont want to see horsemen and cannons. maybe feeling nostalgic already i suppose.
thank you in any case for sharing the current state of this!

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
"Yes, Flash will no longer be used on this site - everything will be migrated to HTML5. You should be able to play BETA on all phones and mobile devices, as well as across all browsers and platforms" - NewSheriffInTown

To me this one enhancement is a major game changer.

I know I came close to quitting MajorCommand altogether in the early days until I figured out how to work around the flash issue. I know a couple of people who I talked into playing who dropped out because of the flash problem.

I'm guessing that you'll see a lot fewer newbies go awol and more newbies stay on once the beta becomes the new format - and that should be good news for everyone.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
ok, it is very exciting to see a glimpse of this, after all this time of anticipation. i really like these little microimprovements: the more detailed info in the record tab, the highlighting of who is next to play in the games tab, the ability to hide inactive players, the ability to highlight territories in respect to the cards you are holding.. great stuff, & there might be more i am still missing.
speed is great for sure, but overall experience seems a bit shaky. i do have to reload the screen sometimes before being able to do anything, and i get occasional connection loss messages or flickers while throwing dice. but i might also feel a bit torn about the speed in itself: before i came to this site & tried other digital iterations of risk, there usually used to be some kind of animation for the dice throw - silly things like horsemen or cannons approaching each other. but it gave the moment of attack some kind of (ridiculous) epic depth. i always found those animations annoying, but the time it takes the current engine to produce the results of an attack, seems to create its own natural and suspenseful delay - like there is something actually happening during the encounter of good dice vs evil dice. i like that. but i really dont know what i am saying with this, surely the benefits of the improved speed outweigh this loss (?) substantially, and i really dont want to see horsemen and cannons. maybe feeling nostalgic already i suppose.
thank you in any case for sharing the current state of this!

I know this wont add anything to the discussion, but I smiled when reading this. Guess made me smile because unconsciously I must feel the same.

Anyhow, I clearly prefer to play with the speed of the new game engine :)

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Initial impression > blazing fast and loads without the 'Flash needed' message

Am I missing something? Load times are incredibly long for me. I usually play on Chrome. I'm trying it now on IE and Firefox to compare.
Could my experience of slow loading be a settings issue on my end?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
BearNecessities, the Beta load does takes longer but for me it is worth it not to have the toxic flash issue. once the game is loaded it runs very fast.

I've played the beta on the Chrome and the Microsoft Edge Browser, both work well for me. Other than 'no points' for playing I much prefer the Beta version for game play and am looking forward to it becoming the standard as the bugs are worked out and all the features are activated.

srjyj

Awesome Player
just checking in to report my experience.
i play on safari on mac and puffin on iphone.
at first everything was a little glitchy and judderry but incredible fast

then the maps stopped loading and now the games list doesn’t load at all and i haven’t been able to take a turn in a couple days

if i have time on weekend i’ll try on linux and windows to see if any different

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
slow to low on pc, so slow to load on my tablet and phone that I usually get a 'no connection' error message.

Once loaded it is :evil: BLAZING :evil: fast :)

and I love the new feature of being able to review moves and hover over the tert name in the review and have that tert highlighted on the map * AWESOME * sooooo handy on maps where I haven't a clue where that tert is - this one new feature will save me time and frustration at critical points in a match :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I repeat: don't try the new engine on Puffin. I use Chrome and ha ve no loading issues (except on Duck-n-Cover

srjyj

Awesome Player
slow to low on pc, so slow to load on my tablet and phone that I usually get a 'no connection' error message.

Once loaded it is :evil: BLAZING :evil: fast :)

and I love the new feature of being able to review moves and hover over the tert name in the review and have that tert highlighted on the map * AWESOME * sooooo handy on maps where I haven't a clue where that tert is - this one new feature will save me time and frustration at critical points in a match :)

just wanted to add i agree he new features are awesome

srjyj

Awesome Player
seems to be working well in safari on iphone right now but i’ve missed all my turns ;)

like i said, i try windows linux and mac with a few different browsers over the weekend and report back

Hodja

Awesome Player
I joined my first beta game, as others stated the chat doesn't seem to work.
I joined an assasin game, i never played assasin before, basicly i have to kill the person that i got wispered and no one else knows who i have to kill?
I figured beta games are a good way to learn some settings i never played before :D
The game loaded insanely fast for me on chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.