• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Balkans - or - The Balkan Peninsula

aym

Awesome Player
So take out Split, and move Ioanian to Peloponnese, for two regions from each ship?

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
So take out Split, and move Ioanian to Peloponnese, for two regions from each ship?
Sorry for the absence... what aym just said is what I'm implementing. I'm uploading the new files now, and if everything works I think we're good to go.

VsFcb86.jpg

7UqmK04.jpg

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
and: Artsyz => Budjak
Comrat => Gagauzia

pleeeaase :)

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I've got one last test game started - if it looks good we'll launch.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Thanks for your work all, I'm already playing 3 games :)

dorcee

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Hey,

I've found a small spelling mistake: in the Hungary part of the map, Szekesfehervar is actually Székesfehérvár. It's low priority, so if it's too much mess, just ignore it:)

dorcee

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
On the cards and in the record tab, during attacks etc., the diacritics all disappear anyway, so I don't think it's such a big issue. This would only be changed on the map itself.....

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I found an error on the map: Podgorica is correctly named on the map, but in the records, diplomacy etc., it's called 'Podogorica', with an extra 'o'. Please correct!

And linkinpark is correct (here) that the Danube really shouldn't enter the map from the North,but comes in a bit further West and runs along the Northern border of the playable map for a little while before entering the playable area as is.

Last edited:

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Podgorica fixed.

Sebrim is right: adding diacritics to the region names messes with the server. I've tried them multiple ways. I can fix the title as it appears on the map.

I'll work on the Danube - hopefully I can tweak the main map image without having the redo the white and red overlays, which will throw users off at first.

edit: these three changes have been made. To see the updates you'll need to clear your browser's cache before going into a game. The Danube is a bit funky, but I did it the lazy way - didn't want to redo the region layers.

Last edited:

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
Thought id give some feed back on the map since its been out a couple of weeks

What can i say.... Its big, it gives plenty of options, and its certainly challenging. Pretty much everything i like in a map.

Unfortunately i have not been doing too well and have not won a game yet.....But i will

Thanks all

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Thought id give some feed back on the map since its been out a couple of weeks

What can i say.... Its big, it gives plenty of options, and its certainly challenging. Pretty much everything i like in a map.

Unfortunately i have not been doing too well and have not won a game yet.....But i will

Thanks all

+1

I completely agree - except for the 'not winning yet' part. But then again, that was a 1 vs 1 game where my opponent went AWOL - the ones where my winning ratio is unbetable ;-)

Indigo5BANNED

Awesome Player
The command bonus for Serbia is +2
If you also occupy kosovo, you get an additional +1

Why not get the same Kosovo bonus if you don't occupy Serbia but Albania?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo's_unification_with_Albania

"...surveys revealed that 75% of Kosovo Albanians would prefer to live unified with Albania in the same country. The same support was seen in Albania where 68% of the citizens of Albania preferred a unification of Albania with Kosovo."
Or it would be more accurate to include Polog to Greater Albania too according to ethnicity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Albania

And why not get a bonus for occupuying all of "Greater Serbia"
According to https://www.stratfor.com/image/ethnic-tension-sets-albania-and-serbia-odds there are Serbian ethnic majorities in Banja Luka, Bijeljina and Mostar. And perhaps all of Montenegro.
" According to the 2011 census, the "Montenegrins" were 44.98% and "Serbs" 28.73%; "Montenegrin language" at 36.97% and "Serbian language" at 42.88%."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversy_over_ethnic_and_linguistic_identity_in_Montenegro

I don't know if anyone has already suggested this and the idea has been rejected
or if it's not done making such changes on an existing map
or if we don't want to get into nationalist politics

... However, including all contesting parties of territories to the map justifies why we have a Balkans map since it explains why the Balkans is the powder keg of Europe.

OneEyed

Awesome Player
The command bonus for Serbia is +2
If you also occupy kosovo, you get an additional +1

Why not get the same Kosovo bonus if you don't occupy Serbia but Albania?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo's_unification_with_Albania

"...surveys revealed that 75% of Kosovo Albanians would prefer to live unified with Albania in the same country. The same support was seen in Albania where 68% of the citizens of Albania preferred a unification of Albania with Kosovo."

Kosovo was never part of Albania. but it was part of Serbia (Yugoslavia). also there are many countries which did not admit it as sovereign state.
Or it would be more accurate to include Polog to Greater Albania too according to ethnicity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Albania

this is just dream of Albanian nationalists.
And why not get a bonus for occupuying all of "Greater Serbia"
According to https://www.stratfor.com/image/ethnic-tension-sets-albania-and-serbia-odds there are Serbian ethnic majorities in Banja Luka, Bijeljina and Mostar. And perhaps all of Montenegro.
" According to the 2011 census, the "Montenegrins" were 44.98% and "Serbs" 28.73%; "Montenegrin language" at 36.97% and "Serbian language" at 42.88%."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversy_over_ethnic_and_linguistic_identity_in_Montenegro

I don't know if anyone has already suggested this and the idea has been rejected
or if it's not done making such changes on an existing map
or if we don't want to get into nationalist politics

there could be much similar bonuses, in Balkan is much places which were part of different states.
... However, including all contesting parties of territories to the map justifies why we have a Balkans map since it explains why the Balkans is the powder keg of Europe.

yes. and also because "somebody" use Balkan as detonator in Europe.

OneEyed

Indigo5BANNED

Awesome Player
Kosovo was never part of Albania. but it was part of Serbia (Yugoslavia).
So? If there would be a referendum one day the countries just might unify. Countries do unify you know; Germany, Vietnam, Yemen to name a few.

also there are many countries which did not admit it as sovereign state.
yes, mostly countries (or countries who side with those countries) that don't want to give their own minorities a reason for asking for independance :p

this is just dream of Albanian nationalists.
So you're calling those 75% and 68% dreamers :p

there could be much similar bonuses, in Balkan is much places which were part of different states.
true, I didnt want to elaborate, but one could make similar arguements for almost every other state on the map except Slovenia, Bosnia and perhaps Turkey - the adding of contested territories would make the map even more special imo

Last edited:

OneEyed

Awesome Player
So? If there would be a referendum one day the countries just might unify. Countries do unify you know; Germany, Vietnam, Yemen to name a few.

I am not author of this map, so just my opinion. it is map of Balkan. not about what would be sometimes (in Balkan).
yes, mostly countries (or countries who side with those countries) that don't want to give their own minorities a reason for asking for independance :p

the situation is not so easy and clear as you wrote.
So you're calling those 75% and 68% dreamers :p

no. I called them nationalists.
true, I didnt want to elaborate, but one could make similar arguements for almost every other state on the map except Slovenia, Bosnia and perhaps Turkey - which would make the map even more special

you can also make Turkey far to Wienna, you can do half of Balkan part of Hungary and so on and so on...
maybe you could try to do any draft with your idea.

OneEyed

Indigo5BANNED

Awesome Player
I see what you mean
Im sri I should have made it clear that I meant the map could be a map of ethnic majorities and minorities to explain nationalist sentiments (displaying all of them) to explain some of the reasons there have been so many wars in the region

Unfortunately I dont posess the skills to make a draft of my own

OneEyed

Awesome Player
I see what you mean
Im sri I should have made it clear that I meant the map could be a map of ethnic majorities and minorities to explain nationalist sentiments (displaying all of them) to explain some of the reasons there have been so many wars in the region

yes, such a map could be interesting. my favourite maps are from European area, but there are many regions with so mixed nationalities. for example Caucasus map could be interesting with many regional conflicts.

OneEyed

OneEyed

Awesome Player

you do not need any big skills. just find map about your idea and explain gameplay. if your idea will has support any of mapmakers here could take it and draw map.

OneEyed