• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

12 domains?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
So Shep, seemed to me like everything worked on that map, although no one ever managed to release the dragons. Going to test more, or have a release date in mind? I wanna play that map again. *stomps foot* :beer:

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I think the dragons between domains are too big. They need to be 5-8 neutrals to entice players to take them. They should revert back to neutral each turn still.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
One more idea is that if a player hold the Main Dragon, the get +X autodeplyed to each otehr dragon on the map. (Like NUKES with the BUKE button).
But like before it reverts back to neutral each turn.

Everyone wants to be a dragon master. :)

Sorry for the late idea, it just came to me now.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Personally, I think the map could be released as-is (with the proviso that down the road someone try and figure out the double-dragon issue so that all dragons actually are 25). I'm not a huge fan of significantly lowering the dragon neutrals, simply because IMHO it'll take what is already a bit of a slow-build map and make it even slower as people divert forces to defending their back doors (*snicker*). Chopping a few neutrals off the tower could work to make it a bit more appealing of a play (especially in larger games, where you might only end up with 1 or 2 dragons, small beer for taking down a neutral 40 and defending it against everyone else).

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
@ cards: No release date yet announced, but soon. Very soon.

@ wids: the dragons are high by intent. They aren't supposed to be a back door so much as a threat that lurks just over your borders. I'm more concerned that the tower (which is required to control them) is too hard to hold - everybody wants to be a dragon master, yet games are ending without it happening. So I'm with Inc on this one - that's an easy fix.

I also need to redo all of the troop containers - i encountered a surprising new glitch with the containers on this map.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'm in favor of lowering the neutral on the dragons, but not to 5-8. That makes it TOO much of a bonus for taking a dragon and getting the 25 deploy. I think it should be at least 15. If I had to pick a number I'd say 20. But other than that, I agree with Inca, release it . Any bugs/issues will be found pretty fast, I think, what with all the games that would be played.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
you don't get a bonus for taking the dragon. You only get the dragon bonus for holding the tower. The dragons are designed to be hard to beat, because they are DRAGONS.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I guess I misinterpreted what "dragons under player control wake with 25 troops" meant. Is that only if you have the tower? You can't just take a dragon and use it without the tower? Or, if you do take it without the tower you only have the troops you move onto it? I'm a bit unclear on this.....

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
You can go thru the dragons like any other neutral, but if you hold the tower at the start of your turn, the dragons adjacent to castles you control become yours for that turn.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't know what that means. Can you capture and use a dragon without the tower, or not?

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I thought it was fairly clear, but i guess we'll need an additional instructional video on this one!

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Well, you'll have the tower again this turn in our 4p, no time like the present. :D

EDIT: cards, think of the dragons like any other normal terit. They start with neutrals, which you can attack. You can hold a dragon, but it resets to neutral at the end of your turn. If you hold the tower, then any dragon adjacent to one of your castles becomes yours, and has either 25 or 50 armies on it (50 if you hold the castles on both sides), and then reverts to neutral at the end of your turn. It's like nukes, if you hold x terits, then you essentially spawn armies.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
or think of it in terms of a fantasy world (which this is): you can use force against a dragon and chase it off, but it just comes back. Or you can become the White Wizard and wield you powers of magic to control the dragons from afar.

Perhaps the map brief needs requires more clarity as well.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
but what I'm not hearing is this: Can or can you not capture and use a dragon (for one turn, before it returns to neut) without the tower?

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
If you have enough armies to overcome the neutral, you can attack and advance into a dragon, and then attack out the other side, like any other terit. However, don't leave anyone on the dragon, because all those armies will be lost when it reverts to neutral at the end of your turn.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I've re-worded the brief map... this is just a teaser for those out there who haven't seen the map yet, but have a look...

GetMapGameInfoImage.php

Basically what the brief and the main map should together get across is that:

1. Dragons start as neutral.
2. You can attack and conquer a dragon region and move on to take the next region, but it will revert back to neutral.
3. If you control the Tower and any castle to start your turn, you take control of the dragon nearest that castle at a value of 25.
4. If you control the Tower and two castles nearest a dragon, you take control of the dragon at a value of 50.
5. Dragons always revert back to neutral, regardless of how you hold them; this is the same as the nukes in Nukes, but most players probably don't notice that it reverts right back to neutral when they end their turn.

Damn it, let's release the hounds already. Badorties!?!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I realize that I'm being a pest, but neither of the two posts following mine answered my question. Can you hold (during your turn) and USE a dragon, ie. attack with it, without the tower? I'm guessing the answer is no, but 'inquiring minds want to know'.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
and, YEAH, release the map!!!!!

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I realize that I'm being a pest, but neither of the two posts following mine answered my question. Can you hold (during your turn) and USE a dragon, ie. attack with it, without the tower? I'm guessing the answer is no, but 'inquiring minds want to know'.

No.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
thank you. :)

EDIT: That little fact should probably be included in the video, as I'm sure there are people who will try it.