• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

zsp's tOuRnAmEnT oF cHaOs!

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Ohhh I thought it was something fancy beside screenshots.

And the card stuff was just a product of insomnia one night/morning at the future in-laws over the holiday.

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Ohhh I thought it was something fancy beside screenshots.

And the card stuff was just a product of insomnia one night/morning at the future in-laws over the holiday.

so do we all get a card then!?!?! :p

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
So the first round has officially been completed! Sun-Tzu and smunzimus have a couple more days left to join the final round games or our resident table-maker, samular, will be the next replacement.

Last edited:

Daan

Awesome Player
Sorry for being so impatient, but I am really looking forward to the final round. Therefore what is the ultimate deadline for Sun/smun?

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Sorry for being so impatient, but I am really looking forward to the final round. Therefore what is the ultimate deadline for Sun/smun?

Seconded.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Sorry fellas, I've been a bit busy the past couple days. Games should get going soon as I have given samular the passwords.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I was going to say Thanks, and then that I'm sorry that it turned out like this, z, with a lowly third-placer getting a ticket to the finals.

But then, screw you for making me look for the game, rather than giving me a link. heh

EDIT: Oh right. Links on the first post. :marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

b0406aa77057075301a4af878f5a5d13.png

Last edited:

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I'm rather fond of Chilly's suggestion (made in the USA game) that we just treat Veta as a neutral and assign him the zero for each game.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I'll consider this, but the thing is, it's not how things were done in the first round, so why change it up in the final round?

...but maybe :)

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Pretty sure my reasoning is that I don't want to place below the AWOL guy. heh

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I'm rather fond of Chilly's suggestion (made in the USA game) that we just treat Veta as a neutral and assign him the zero for each game.

At least if he doesn't come back. If he for some reason returns to duty in a particular game then I say he is eligible for points again. Just my opinion of course. Tournament organizer (and lead competitor) has final say. :wink:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Veta will not be getting the goose egg. Sorry fellas. I can already see it now...someone who finished 3rd in one game, but given credit for 2nd (10 points) (b/c Veta was actually supposed to be 2nd in that game) will be launched ahead in total points of someone else and wins the whole tournament, b/c they were credited with 4 extra points than they'd deserve. The other player who they just passed (in overall points) placed first in that same game so they weren't benefited at all with extra points.

It is possible that some people could get benefited more than others from the extra points.

Why does it even matter? At the end..I'll put a line through Veta's name or something..so everyone will still be ahead of him if that tickles your fancies lol

Last edited:

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Veta will not be getting the goose egg. Sorry fellas. I can already see it now...someone who finished 3rd in one game, but given credit for 2nd (10 points) (b/c Veta was actually supposed to be 2nd in that game) will be launched ahead in total points of someone else and wins the whole tournament, b/c they were credited with 4 extra points than they'd deserve. The other player who they just passed (in overall points) placed first in that same game so they weren't benefited at all with extra points.

It is possible that some people could get benefited more than others from the extra points.

Why does it even matter? At the end..I'll put a line through Veta's name or something..so everyone will still be ahead of him if that tickles your fancies lol

Your tournament, your rules.
But I disagree with your logic. Hard to argue that "neutral" armies should be given points as to what position they place in. As it stands, Veta's armies are for the most part not being attacked, because they are more beneficial as blocker (read neutral) armies.

That's fine, I'll play by your rules; I just choose to respectfully disagree.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Say Veta places 3rd in every game; you were able to actually place better than him in more games than me (you win 2 games, and get 0s for the rest, totaling 30 points). You are not helped in those games with extra points way b/c you actually "beat" him.

With giving him the automatic last place finish, you'd get 1 point each for those 4 games for giving the points of placing 5th place. So in this case, you're total points would be: 15+15+1+1+1+1 = 34.

I won one game (15 points), placed 4th in the rest of the games (5 games x 3 points = 15)....total of again, 30. But! With your system, I'd actually be credited with 45 points [15 + (5 games x 6 points)]...(I'm getting 6 points for each game instead of 3 since I am being credited with the points for placing higher since he's automatically getting 0). So, instead of us being tied with 30, I actually am awarded more points than you are, due to him awol'ing (I get 45, you only get 34).

My system
.......Game 1....Game 2....Game 3....Game 4....Game 5....Game 6....Total
Me:....15..............3............3............3............3............3...........30
You:....0..............15..........15...........0............0............0...........30
Veta:...6..............6............6............6............6............6...........30

Your system
.......Game 1....Game 2....Game 3....Game 4....Game 5....Game 6....Total
Me:....15.............6............6.............6............6..........6.........45
You:....1............15..........15.............1............1..........1..........34
Veta:...0............0.............0.............0............0..........0...........0

...I wish I chose numbers that would show you beating me originally, but I'd pass you with the help of the way you want the points to be dished out...but I didn't and I don't feel like thinking right now. But it's obviously possible.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Congratulations to Chilly for winning zsp's tOuRnAmEnT oF cHaOs!

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Congratulations to Chilly for winning zsp's tOuRnAmEnT oF cHaOs!

Thanks zsp for organizing. Thanks Samular for all the great stats and spreadsheets and thanks to everyone who participated. Was a lot of fun.

Definitely looking forward to more official tourneys.