• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Why isn't there an 11 player game allowed?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The title says it all. Why?

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
haha, Shep you are still not quit getting what I am trying to say. I want to know the reason "WHY" there is not 11 player games. If there IS a reason, then I could understand (maybe), just why they have been omitted from play. On the other hand if there is "NOT" a good reason, then maybe they should be added. I really do not care one way or the other myself, just curious is all.

I think his answer is, whats the point? They will cause more trouble than they are worth....though, I dont see how to be honest myself. I mean, eliminating an 11 player game isnt exactly erasing a lot of clutter, lol.

Upvote 0

mapguy

Awesome Player
I think his answer is, whats the point? They will cause more trouble than they are worth....though, I dont see how to be honest myself. I mean, eliminating an 11 player game isnt exactly erasing a lot of clutter, lol.
Yeah, that's how I see it too. I mean, it is no big deal to me, just wondering what the thinking is (was), to not include them. I am NOT lobbying for them or anything, just wondering. No need to spend a whole lot of time on this, as there are many other things that may be deemed more important.

Upvote 0

MrBenn

Awesome Player
It would make more sense to get rid of 7p games as well. Although it would be nice to add 16p games to the list to allow for 4 x quads games?

Upvote 0

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
i'm in a 7 person double game ;)

Upvote 0

diogenes

Awesome Player
Ha! I got two people with the same joke! :)

I think that with any feature one has to consider what the value added is to the site. Adding 24p games adds more value than adding 11p games.

Oh man...figuring out a 24p color scheme would be hell for colorblind ppl like me :tongue:

Upvote 0

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Oh man...figuring out a 24p color scheme would be hell for colorblind ppl like me :tongue:
Yeah, I thought we'd done a decent job for 12p's on most maps. Now we have to rethink and up our game.

On Cold War Europe I used shapes (I'm also colorblind), which helps me immensely. And I was experimenting with colorblind friendly troop containers with color codes on the Asia map.

Edit: checked Europe. There are four different shapes, and each shape is represented in 8 colors = 32 unique containers. There are also a few other colors that I didn't like so much (brown, dark blue) and are only shown as circles. I'll play around with South America's containers tonight.

Edit #2: added three troop containers to South America - two more flags (Chile and Colombia) and a "chocolate" container, to bring it up to 27 options. A map will need a min1mum of 25 containers for a 24p game (including a neutral container).

Edit #3: Far East Asia now has a total of 31 unique containers, nine of which are colorblind-friendly with letter codes and without the marble or wood effects on the other 22.

Last edited:
Upvote 0