• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Where in the World is Badorties 3!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
So I decided to go on vacation, and would you believe it, I was abducted as soon as I left my house. Some 36 hours later I find myself in the back of some pickup truck with a camper conversion. I need your help to locate me so the local authorities can be contacted.

If you can save me I will give you this tour of duty award.

C4qpB.jpg

The man guarding me in the truck is a nice man, and I can ask him questions about where I am, but he will only answer "yes" or "no". So I need your help in figuring out which questions to ask because he says he will only answer 10.

If you want to ask a question, do so in this thread. If the questioned is "seconded" by someone else in the thread, I will ask it of the guard.

In order to free me, you must provide an approximate address, as well as the color and make of the truck, so the police can find me. Each person can only guess the location once, so be sure!. First to guess correctly and post their guess in this thread wins the tour of duty badge.

I was able to snap the following photos with my phone before it was taken. They were taken seconds before the truck parked it self in its current location. From the sounds of it, I may be near some small flea market.

I hope this helps.

1d3ca60fe8f96bcf9eb24d72ca1e72c0.png

a31c4227a60322785b30f501685b0507.png

8d22b8d9abd3591c7144bd80284e9c7c.png

It's up to you to find me, can you do it?

Please discuss all hunches and clues in this thread, it's going to take some teamwork this time!

Last edited:

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
COOL! Don't worry - your major command team will find you. Andraste will probably find you in the next hour - based on when you were lost last time :)

So MC team.........looks like he is somewhere where driving is on the Left side of the street - so that knocks out a chunk of the world - and the USA. Also looks like the majority of cars are older.........and the weather and beach looks nice.......

FLAGG

Last edited:

mapguy

Awesome Player
Did you guys notice the 3 flags in the bottom picture ?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
25664cd8d716a224cad629b636aec86c.png

So it's somewhere in the blue countries. Combined with the palm trees, I think we can eliminate the British Isles.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I'd like to know if Bado is in the southern hemisphere, anyone care to second?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Also, contrary to popular belief, there is not a McDonalds in every country on earth. After we get the hemisphere answer, I say we then further eliminate countries with no McDonalds.

mapguy

Awesome Player
I think that you could narrow it down further if you ask "Is English the official language".
The flag on the left could be Australian, but wouldn't the country flag be in the center ?
Also do not let the palms fool you, as there are many places that plant them even though they are not indigenous to the locale. Southern California for example.

My first impressions were Aust. and S. Africa, but the people look more S. American to me.

If the sign hanging from the streetlight could be figured out...

Last edited:

diogenes

Awesome Player
I'll second the southern hemisphere question. Then we can see which way the beach is facing.

Someone needs to enhance those signs.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
doesn't really help, but map of countries in blue w/out mcdonalds

19536a4b785484d0415565a9f0289506.png

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
The man says yes, we are in the southern hemisphere. 9 questions left.

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Gotcha!! Bayworld, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.This is the only flatbed conversion I can find.:alberteinstein:

Attachments

• White van Man2.jpg
    White van Man2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Dolphins!!!.jpg
    Dolphins!!!.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
Give up bado - it's useless.
We have a serious detective in our forums.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Thanks Andraste, I alerted authorities using your address and image, but apparently I was not in that truck!

I am still waiting to be found, and let re-iterate the clue "From the sounds of it, I may be near some small flea market."

Who can find me now?

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I'm quoting this because it's great detective work! Despite only getting 99% of the way there.

Andraste said:
I know, how did I do it? Countries that drive on the left as highlighted by Orbotron.Then traffic lights with yellow poles, I know it sounds ridiculous right? Looked through some google images of traffic lights and found this sample of an innovotive LED traffic light, which linked me to an article about the city of Derben in South Africa. Derben installed these on a trial basis in 2004.Who woulda guessed.Searched for South Africa Dolphin Aquarium in google.Second address I tried in Google Earth put me right in the neighbourhood.Don't worry Bado I bought a flask with me this time so we can have a nice cup of tea while we wait for the police.

rob6483

Awesome Player
I think I'm looking at the same truck as mapguy, but anyway: white Isuzu on the corner of Beach Rd and Brookeshill St in Port Elizabeth.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I think I'm looking at the same truck as mapguy, but anyway: white Isuzu on the corner of Beach Rd and Brookeshill St in Port Elizabeth.

excellent! I have been safely found and the Tour of Duty award is yours!

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I would say that Andreste deserves part of the award for sure. She found the street - in the world!

When does the next one start. This is a challenging game!

Flagg