• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Usernames: Explained!

grifftron

Awesome Player
Last name if Griffith friends called me griff,

had a lot of xbox link parties in HS s/n was always grifftron on Halo 1 & 2 (never played xbox after those games or any other gaming system besides the good ol computer).

can't really remember why I had tron after my nickname, don't really care anymore i guess.

-griff

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Need i say more?
robin.jpg

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Pretty cool story there Cong... one question though. How do you lose with a 500,000 strong force?

Perhaps there needs to be an * in the record book on this one...

asterix_or_asterisk.gif

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
You gonna bring batmanette 'round to play with the cool kids? :D

Congentiatos

Awesome Player
Pretty cool story there Cong... one question though. How do you lose with a 500,000 strong force?

Yeah, you would think numbers would prevail...but they were mainly framers with swords and "pitchforks" kind of thing...no match for a well trained dug-in Roman Legend(s). You can look up Vercingetorix and you'll find many accounts of the battle and some "History Channel" kind of videos that go in detail about the Celtic Revolt and the battles...pretty cool stuff if you are into it.

But I like Asunder's assessment..."really bad dice", kind like what I have had on here lately.

Last edited:

uscg

Awesome Player
United States Coast Guard. I have been in for almost 15 years, so it is pretty much my life.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
My old poker username. AA is for Pocket aces.

Fitz:Fitz forms a prefix to patronymic surnames of Anglo-Norman origin. This usage derives from the Norman fiz / filz, prononciation: /fits/ (cognate with French fils < Latin filius), meaning "son of", which was coupled with the name of the father (e.g. Fitz Gilbert, meaning "son of Gilbert") in the noble families according to the Scandinavian tradition to add -son behind the father's name. Although there are exceptions in which the name of a more noteworthy mother (Fitz Wymarch), or parent's title (Fitz Count, Fitz Empress) was instead used. It later was applied to the illegitimate sons of princes.

Adoption by other nationalities

In later times, similar forms were coined for members of the English and British royal family, who historically lacked a surname, and particularly for illegitimate children of kings and princes (Fitzroy, son of the king; Fitzjames, son of the king James II of England; and FitzClarence, son of the Duke of Clarence). From this later use, it has been implied that the name indicates illegitimacy, which was not originally the case.

The Irish surname FitzGerald is thought to derive from Gerald de Windsor, a Norman-Welsh nobleman whose son and grandson were involved in the Norman invasion of Ireland.

The Irish name Fitzpatrick is not of Norman origin; it is an Anglicization of the Gaelic surname Mac Giolla Phádraig. Other surnames beginning "Mac Giolla" were made into "Magilla-" (e.g. Magillacuddy), but the Fitzpatricks claimed Norman heritage in a time when the Normans dominated much of Ireland.

Fitz is also a stand-alone German surname originating in the Palatinate region of Germany.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
While a lengthy explanation, not a complete one Fitz. So, are you a bastard, or are you german, or both? :eek:p

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Zombie. Zircon. Zigzag. Zillion. Zodiac. Zonked. Zebra. Zucchini. Zeppelin. Zany. Zest. Zinc Zoo. Zibeon. Zo'oidal...

PointSpecial

Awesome Player
Point Special is the flagship beer of the Stevens Point Brewery in Stevens Point, WI where I went to college. Back then I was part of a basketball message board and I wanted something catchy that was also appropriate for being a Point fan (and player)... and it stuck!

Avitray

Awesome Player
My username :D

It is pig-latin for my english name
Travi -> Avitray
so, there you go :D

Pizzetto

Awesome Player
I was learning Italian in Florence, Italy. The word pizzetto (small beard) came up in one of the readings. One of the students asked, "what is a Pizzetto?" The teacher paused, looked around, pointed to me and said, "that's pizzetto!" Thanks to a close friend sitting next to me, the name has stuck.