• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Usernames: Explained!

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
So some of you guys have some pretty BA usernames and I want to know the meaning behind the names and how you came about choosing it!

To start off, my username is simple: my initials (lame, I know). Let's hear about yours!

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Pretty much self explanatory.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
i've always been known as 'ghost' or something thereof..

the reason behind it is often thought to be due to my fascination with etheral beings and horror and the like, but few know it is actually because i had an identical twin sister that passed away, and because of that was often referred to as 'her ghost' by mutual friends.. the nickname...it stuck. so, here i am.

Last edited:

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
I'm with you Z - my initials/last name

asunder

Awesome Player
a·sun·der
   is an –adverb, adjective
1. into separate parts; in or into pieces: Lightning split the old oak tree asunder.
2. apart or widely separated: as wide asunder as the polar regions.

:)

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
You just keep thinkin', Butch. That's what you're good at.

Congentiatos

Awesome Player
This will take a moment…I chose Congentiatos, who was a Celtic King Circa 100-47 BC time frame. Congentiatos was the son of Bituitis, king of the Celtic tribe Arverni and son of King Luern who was well known for his love of music and sharing his wealth with his tribe. Unfortunately, Bituitis was not a strong military leader and lost to the Romans eventually given himself up as a political prisoner. He along with his son Congentiatos (a baby at the time) were taken to Rome. In Rome Congentiatos was given an education and was called Commius by his Roman “captives” as his Celtic name was to “hard” for the Roman tongue. As a teenager/young adult Congentiatos runs away and rejoins the Celtic tribes in Gaul (primarily in northern and central France). Congentiatos was described as a natural leader, charismatic having a strong and commanding presence. He was known as an honest and capable diplomat and with his Roman education able to read, write, and speak various languages. In Circa 56-54 BC he befriends Caesar who tries to use him to take Britain as Congentiatos had many contacts there along with his followers later known as the Gangani were beginning to settle southern Britain and eventually Wales and Ireland. During the Celtic revolt against the Romans in 52 BC led by Vercingetorix, who was believe to be a cousin of Congentiatos; he was made “war leader” or commander of the 500,000 plus Celtic rescue force who tried to save Vercingetroix by attacking Caesar’s rear line. Unfortunately the Celts lost this battle and Vercingetroix surrendered to save his people. Congentiatos at this point one of Caesar’s most wanted left the continent with his followers the Gangani for Britain and later Ireland.

So why did I pick him…Congentiatos was known in close circles and by his friends as Gann. He is the first known Gann in recorded history and as a Gann my family historical society has study him for years now. In fact Father Tom O’Connor’s book “The Hand of History Burden of Truth” about early Ireland and the Celtic settling of Ireland spends the first third of the book discussing Gann and his three sons and their impact on the Celtic settlement of Ireland.

Of course my game playing does not compare with Congentiatos’ military skills and strategy; but its fun to have a “family” connection.

Síochán leat

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Pretty cool story there Cong... one question though. How do you lose with a 500,000 strong force?

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
real dudes can use their body as a weapon and don't get fucked up.. just sayin'...

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
anyway, my username was created by bado or one of the other admins back in the day. apparently noone liked my previous name so i told them to find me something better.

acaminante

Awesome Player
mine is this poem by Antonio Machado ~ "caminante no hay camino"

Wanderer, your footsteps are

the road, and nothing more;

wanderer, there is no road,

the road is made by walking.

By walking one makes the road,

and upon glancing behind

one sees the path

that never will be trod again.

Wanderer, there is no road--

Only foam trails to the sea.

Caminante, son tus huellas

el camino, y nada más;

caminante, no hay camino,

se hace camino al andar.

Al andar se hace camino,

y al volver la vista atrás

se ve la senda que nunca

se ha de volver a pisar.

Caminante, no hay camino,

sino estelas en la mar.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I'm leading my flock to the promised land.

Asulf

Awesome Player
Asulf in the ancient Nordical Culture meant "God's Wolf" or "Aesir's Wolf", i play a live-contact-rolegame which is played with fake swords and i took the name for that game, then i took it for almost all my accounts :p

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Well mines slightly lame but here it goes:-
When i was in the younger years at school me an my two friends pretended we where super hero's (who hasn't :). My "super power" was electricty, another was fire and the other was water, and my name was Thunderous and i have used it ever since, in basically all my accounts :)