• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

USA MAP (New England)

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
too late. the change has been made.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
:(

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
we'll give it a try. If it doesn't work, we'll change it back. I know I'm no strategist, but it seems like a reasonable change to me.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
On the surface of it, I agree. However, as I said earlier, there are a LOT of places on the various maps where, by holding one tert outside of a command, you can create the kind of 'choke point' as there is on the USA map with New England and New York. Is someone going to go back and change them all based on that? I think this is a slippery slope.....

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I'm usually in favor of smaller bonuses for smaller commands, as a player lucky enough to grab it in the first round or two has a huge advantage. Thumbs-up from me.

Lulzim

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
There is another problem in this map. There are 48 regions so in 4 players game every player gets 12 regions. When you control 12 regions you have 4 troops to deploy. If you start first then for sure you have 4 troops to deploy, if you are second player or third or forth and players before you took a region from you then you have 11 regions and when you control 11 regions you get 3 troops to deploy in first round. This way you give advantage to first player and disadvantage to player that was attacked, and it is unfair.

48 regions is not good number for maps.
I guess no one did calculate this because: Recommended settings Singles: 4-8p

South America is also with 48 regions. I didnt check it but if there are no starting neutrals then this map have same error.

How to fix it:

In USA you can choose a region to start neutral and then game will automatically choose 3 more regions for neutral. So with 4 neutral regions (4P game) every player will start with 11 regions and each of them will have 3 troops to deploy in first round, this is fair =)

With current version and error in this/those map i suggest to avoid 4P and 2v2 games

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
There are LOTS of maps that people start with 12 terts on, depending on the number of players and the number of terts. It's just an unfortunate occurrence that people whose turn is later start with fewer men. Changing it piecemeal on one or two maps isn't going to change it. The only way to change it is to make a rule that every player gets the same number of deploy first round, regardless.

Lulzim

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Yes you are right, there are more maps that starts with 12 regions. In total 6 of 23 maps that you can find in wiki.

Should not be recommend to play with that amount of players in game.

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Inmho usa is good as it is, a easy map for new players that wanna try something different but classic envolved