• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Trouble "Replying With Quote" in Internet Explorer

Borgified

Awesome Player
I realize that I'm running into the old problem that the people who understand software, the programmers of MajCom for example, hate/don't use internet explorer, while 70% of the general public use internet explorer. So it's no suprise MajCom doesn't like Internet Explorer.

Anyway, i'm among the 70% of the clueless general public using Internet Explorer and most of the time, when I'm replying to someone's forum post using the, "Reply with Quote" it doesn't work. It just hangs up, the screen freezes and the little "busy" ICON just keeps spinning as if it's doing something. I can leave it like that forever and nothing happens.

Last edited:

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I realize that I'm running into the old problem that the people who understand software, the programmers of MajCom for example, hate/don't use internet explorer, while 70% of the general public use internet explorer. So it's no suprise MajCom doesn't like Internet Explorer.

Anyway, i'm among the 70% of the clueless general public using Internet Explorer and most of the time, when I'm replying to someone's forum post using the, "Reply with Quote" it doesn't work. It just hangs up, the screen freezes and the little "busy" ICON just keeps spinning as if it's doing something. I can leave it like that forever and nothing happens.

Why oh why would you actually CHOOSE to use IE?

If browzers were automobiles, then you are driving a Yugo...
When you could have a Mercedes, BMW, or a Cadillac for FREE.
And it takes less time to get the keys to one of those cool cars than it took to complain about your Yugo.

Think about it...

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Why oh why would you actually CHOOSE to use IE?

If browzers were automobiles, then you are driving a Yugo...
When you could have a Mercedes, BMW, or a Cadillac for FREE.
And it takes less time to get the keys to one of those cool cars than it took to complain about your Yugo.

Think about it...

i couldn't of said it better myself. :p
i am at a loss as to why people even bother with IE anymore...

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Still. There are people that use IE. We can't change that. This should get fixed because it is a problem.

When I want to reply with a quote on IE, I click this
1adfab4c31c6db4e33a3e82b930615c5.png

then click this
af584bb8a3754e56b41fc36295a30486.png

That works for me.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
we are aware of this issue and are on it, as well as other IE bugs. Some of it has to do with vBulletin, which is a separate issue as well.

It should be noted that 6% of MajCom'rs use IE.

Borgified

Awesome Player
I'm betting when you open MajCom to the general public, you'll have a lot more than 6% using IE. I'd hazzard a guess that the type of people that enjoy finding software problems in Beta, know more about software than the genral public and choose to use better browsers than IE. While 268 members is good for a new site, statistically, that's a very small sample size to be drawing conclusions from.

Just think of me as your IE tester preparing MajCom for the unwashed masses :flowers:

Last edited:

MrBenn

Awesome Player

I use a combination of FF and IE, depending on whether I'm at home or on a lunch break at work. IE definitely seems more buggy...

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
In any case, we should and do support IE7/IE8.

"MajCom doesn't like Internet Explorer."
Everything is tested in IE7,IE8,and FF3. If something does not work in IE, please let me know as we do consider it an issue.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
lol, i stumbled across this pic today..

it made me laugh thinking about this discussion, lol

firefox-vs-ie-5.jpg

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
personally - i prefer chrome. It's the fastest browser I've used. But nice pic Robin - easy choice.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
personally - i prefer chrome. It's the fastest browser I've used. But nice pic Robin - easy choice.

yeah i use firefox and chrome simulatenously. too many FF plugins i need, but FF for speed browsing and MC.