• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Tournament Validator

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
So eventually we will be getting our Tournament pages back. We are in the early stages of planning, but it is being developed in parallel with the points system as we speak.

Nevertheless, As a proof of concept, I developed a small, cheap and cheerful Tournament Validator that will help players figure out if their Tournament logic works.

It is basic, not connected to the main site in anyway, but it should check your ideas and help with the math.

So enjoy! - MajCom Tournament Validator on CodePen

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
i am really bad at math, but i think this thingy is lacking in either the ability to define number of total players (or number of games for the first round, so it calculates the number of total players)? i think this way you can only set up a 12-24 player game. but regardless, i am so happy to hear that points & tourneys are being worked on. great to hear.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
@once

Yeah sorry, I added too much info last night. I just stripped it down to the basics again, so check it out:

Tournament Validator Simplified

It should make more sense now. Let me know if you want anything added or taken away from it.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Um, what does this do? I have no idea...

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Well, I wrote it as the starting point to bring back the Tournament pages. It is meant to check and make sure that all tournaments which will be created won't "break". On the old site, we had many broken tournaments that were created due to bad math.

eg. 6 players doubled in round 1, followed by 5 player singles in round 2. = Result: broken tournament.

After "I" wrote it (with the help of ChatGPT). I decided to post it here to help those who wanted to make a tournament manually. You can choose players, teams, and rounds, on the left-side, and the right-side will show you the results of "how many games", "number of winners", etc.

It's only a tool to check if your tournament math is valid.