• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Tournament Compensation

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Also, the ''First Blood'' and ''Jason and the Argonauts'' tourneys could be deleted as well since they are both stuck and having the same problem as the Trojan Wars & Forgottten Kingdom does.

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
You both got what you were owed. Since it was 50/50 there was no need to play a final match.

Thanks Masterj, I must have missed that :(
Sorry for the hasstle

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Yea but we had to test out the waters didn't we ;)

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Cossacks tournament just finished, winner: Myself and subwayatNight, could we get manual points adjustment, thanks in advance

I know not to set up double team in the last round of a tournament, sorry for that, I created this tourney same time as the strangebedfellows (double) tourney and since it was created by the sheriff and last round was a double I figured it would now work, but it still isn't working, so guarantee no more double team on last round of any tourney I will create,

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
The tournament Classmassassassin got stuck in round 1 and I set up a final (round 2) for the winning team. The points for round one have been awarded here.

And then, I won the final (this game), where the points were awarded just fine. However, may I (and my opponents - suninbc, ObThundersnot and maren) have our tournament points, please? It is a bit sad since this was the first tourny ever I have won, and then it doesn't even show up as such, but I'll have to live with that, I guess.

Thanks!

Alright! Thanks for making it easy :)

Sebrim +180 points
Suninbc +20
Maren +20
Obthundersnot +20

However much I am happy about the recent turn of events (round 1 of the Classmassassassin tournament finally ended), I don't think it is entirely fair that we got our points awarded twice. I really do love the 173 points I received, though, but I'm sure somebody else misses them. Round 2 has started, and we will probably have a winner of the torunament, finally, and although I already won it and got the points awarded, I would be happy if this procedure was condoned from above :)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
whoaza!

Okay there. So I can reverse all the points that were awarded (and taken away) from all the players last night when Round 1 ended. No problem there.

And I can also do something with the 180/20/20/20 tournament points too if you want. Or not. That depends what you guys want to do. You can ->

1) Play out this game as if it were the real final round, and I remove the 180/20/20/20 points from last time
2) You can play out this game as if it were just a regular game, and then i take away the 180/20/20/20 points when this game ends
3) You can just let Sebrim win, and I still take away the 180/20/20/20 points when this game ends
4) something else

Let me know....

Also, Just a general question that I am not sure about. I know everyone on the winning team gets the same amount of points, 173 in this case, but does everyone on a losing team lose the same amount of points? Because that's not what I'm seeing....

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Yeah, Last year when doing the math, I assumed the losing team's score was combined and averaged, and then divided by the winning's team score, which was combined and averaged. So everyone on the losing team lost the same amount of points and everyone on the winning team won the same amount of points.

But after looking at the database for the last hour I realized that the games calculates things differently.

The winning team still has their score combined and averaged. And everyone on the winning team still gets the same amount of points, but for the losing teams, each individual player loses a different amount of points based on their score. The losing team does not combine and average their points like I thought they did, so lower scored players lose less, and higher players still lose more.

So basically it could be something like this, depending on points:

Winner A gets 40 points
Winner B gets 40 points

Loser C loses 17 points
Loser D loses 23 points
Loser E loses 10 points
Loser F loses 30 points

Nonetheless, the only thing to think about at this moment is: What do you want to with this current game, and what do you want to do with the tournament points that have will been allotted, or that will be allotted when this game ends?

And should I reverse all the points that occurred last night when round 1 suddenly ended?

Last edited:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Last year's calculation should have looked more like this:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_140 Jun. 25 03.46.jpg
    ScreenHunter_140 Jun. 25 03.46.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 67

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
to be completely honest, I would like everything to be the way it is, so you don't have to do anything. I mean, I had this game sitting on my number one 'your turn'-spot for over a year, and I still haven't gotten used to using the 'jump-to-next'-button instead of going ot the games-page and then clicking the next game.

But, since I am a sincere young man, I thought I'd say something, in case somebody objects.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I lost 30 points this time. I guess I'd just like that back.

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I say leave it as is, cuz we deserve compensation for the active games list abuse, lol!

Hey, just checked the losers points taken and the new one seems more fair, that's the one with the spread from 19 to 60 I believe vs. the original one spread from 30 to 41. Us winners got the same that didn't change.

Last edited:

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I say leave it as is, cuz we deserve compensation for the active games list abuse, lol!

(guess we'd all deserve that compensation then)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Okay, Let's clarify a few things though. Because we're talking about three different things here.

1) The points awarded/taken last year (30-41 as sdk mentioned). That can be corrected with the correct results (19-60). My only hesitation is that (a) it's a pain and I can't be bothered (b) it's a year old so does anyone care (c) See a and b again.

2) Everyone had points taken away/given last night. In my opinion, those points *should* be reversed. (a) They are based on today's scores, as opposed to last years scores, so they are less accurate (b) Those points were already awarded last year as mention above (c) They are duplicate points which I think I just mentioned twice.

3) Now, for the winners only - SDK, Sebrim, maren, and OB. You four played out the Last round last year and received Manual tournament win points from MasterJskye. This game that just started will ALSO award tournament win points. We can't have that. So my suggestion is one of three things
(a) Play this new game out as a normal game and when it ends, I will reverse the 180/20/20/20 points
(b) I can reverse the 180/20/20/20 from last years Final round so you guys can play out this as a new Final round
(c) or, you guys can just Sebrim win, so he can get his "tournament win" and I can reverse both the game points and the tournament point when it's over. You're choice....

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Okay, Sheriff, I'd say: go for option 2 and then 3a

Any objections?

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
You say new scores are less accurate than last year's, so then I am fine with option 2 and 3a as well.

If sebrim won the spin-off game to finish tourney last year, as I seem to remember, then he should get tourney ribbon, etc. This new game that was just started for us winners should be reduced to just another game.

Then we are all good I believe.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Hello Sheriff. The tournament ended, and maren won deservedly, so would you please take back the tournament points awarded, as decided?

http://www.majorcommand.com/games/220803/

maren: -180
sebrim, obthundersnot and sundicekid: -20 each

Thanks!

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Sheriff, I believe you already removed our points around June 25-ish right?? I saw a bunch of points come off but no losses then. Did you do it twice?

Sebrim gets credit for tourney win from last year right?

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yes Yes and No.

Just talking about you personally, (but the same applies to everyone using different points)

Last year I gave you all points for winning Round 1 - You got 173
Last year Masterjskye gave you all points for playing a side game as the Final Round - You got 20
June 25(ish) Round 1 mysteriously ended by itself - You got another 173 - which I removed
Today the final round played out, maren won, you got another 20 - which I removed.

So yes, I removed points twice. The same points you got last year.

As for your last question, no, the database actually recorded maren as the tournament winner. Not sure if we can do anything about that, I'd only maybe look in it if Sebrim starts to make a fuss... ;)

It is basically recorded as 1 tourney win, nothing more, Sebrim got the 180 points for the tourney win last year, just not the +1 in the database.