• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Timing your wins and losses?

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Hello everybody,

i'm currious about something. Do you get advantage by postponing your wins and rush your losses?
I made a little calculation and this is what i get.

Situation:
- i'm playing vs 2 players with equal points.
- I'm having 1000 points.
- I'm winning one, and losing one.

Situation 1: First win, then lose
Start total: 1000 points
Winning of somebody with 1000 points: + 20
New total: 1020 points
Losing of somebody with 1000 points: - 22 (because i have more points, i lose more)
Final total: 998 points

Situation 2: First lose, then win
Start total: 1000 points
Losing of somebody with 1000 points: - 20
New total: 980 points
Winning of somebody with 1000 points: + 22 (because i have less points, i win more)
Final total: 1002 points

Do i see this correct?
Can you really gain extra points by using this?
Or did i miss something?

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Lately Im finding players that delay in purpose they turns, with no aparently reasson (wining steaks, points or an argue) even when you see them online on the site, I know that there is no that much to do but asking them, any toughts or suggestion?

That is a bit of a free affirmation, how can you possibly calculate that?, my computer is set on majcom as a starter page and is set with a timer which refresh the page every hour, this is so because I don't want miss any turn since I am in a remote workcamp, camp is now full and bandwith is not good enough to provide fast internet to everyone, it has good and bad period, during peak demand I can't even load large map, so I may appear on line 18 hours a day but if my laptop is on line it does not mean I am anywhere near it. as long as no turn is skip I don't see a problem, 24hr is the time all players have to take their turns, and is fine, assuming someone is on line may not always be right in some cases. when I start playing, most fun game first and most boring ones last, and why object in mirror are closer than it appears?

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I have to agree with calume - as long as a player isn't skipping/missing turns, no one has any real 'right' to bitch. You don't get to decide when other players take their turns. If I have 20 games going, I might, as calume said, take the 'fun' ones first, or the easy ones first and leave the complicated ones for when I have time to think about my moves.

I recently received messages from another player because he was unhappy that I didn't play my turn in a game he was about to win 'fast enough'. My response to that is basically that you are cordially invited to have sex with yourself. :bird:
That person got himself marked dishonorable for his trouble.....

Upvote 0

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Yep, yep, and yep... Just because it "says" I'm online, I may not be right next to my pc just waiting for a turn to pop up. And when I do play, as has already been hit on, I may play 4 or 5 turns, and then stop for a while, for any number of reasons.

I have 24 hours to make my turn. If I want to wait until 5 minutes left to start it, that is most certainly within my rights to do so. :)

Upvote 0

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I was sympathetic to the guy going for the streak, so I hustled for him. He wasn't pushy about it, just asking nicely cause he wanted the medal. (assuming we refer to the same)

So I carved out a couple minutes to hurry and hustle because I understood, absent any obligation to do so.

Personally, I never cared about consecutive victories, as evidenced by my stats. :)

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I think anyone here (excluding Tapeworm) would play some sort of delaying action if they had a personal best CUDO going. Delaying actions in losing games and rushing ones they are likely to win. I know I have. :)

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Me too. I play the easy ones first and leave the tough ones for a better time.
I never really bothered with this winning/loosing order.
Just let it go and and do your thing as it goes

Upvote 0

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
My bad this year was kind of a sabbath year for me and do also have majcom as homepage should change that, and no, not was talking about no one in particular just that happened often last time to me, maybe in the past never checked that

Upvote 0

jasmine1978

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
The Borg
hi calume just read ur post & i'm intrigued to know what u do in for a living in ur work camp???

Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
My bad this year was kind of a sabbath year for me and do also have majcom as homepage should change that, and no, not was talking about no one in particular just that happened often last time to me, maybe in the past never checked that

No worries, all good, see you on the battlefield

Upvote 0

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Upvote 0