• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

This site is disgrace!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkoholBANNED

Awesome Player
first off all there is no day, ( a day is allusion ), hour that page does not crash, slows down or can not see the map, not to mention how long it takes to load a game?? It is clear evidence of your incompetence and ignorance.

do you think is random
in every game losing 6-0??? or in the first round the winner known??? give me a break, I really wonder if you're just stupid or there is something else behind it?
You were writing about random selection, however we are not all stupid as you, so explain to me ( as ) how it is possible that in every game that happens??? this percentig is 1 to 1000000. so you are telling me that betwen 2 games you have that many turns????

Why you can make statistics of dices, average dices for attacking and defending?, they are either excellent or disastrous no middle, so I dont get it where is random, perhaps in your head only.

if you do not know take the cubes and toss them at home 100 times and then tell me how many times did you get 666 or 111, if 2 times well done, and for that is hapenn few times in one game???? and then it is random. .. hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
If you are so upset with the site, why are you here?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

FLAGG

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
If you hold shift while attacking you get better rolls. Sorry, I thought everyone knew that trick.

Upvote 0

johnjdc

Awesome Player
if you do not know take the cubes and toss them at home 100 times and then tell me how many times did you get 666 or 111, if 2 times well done, and for that is hapenn few times in one game???? and then it is random. .. hahahaha

Well, it depends how long a game goes on. I would say my average 4-player game takes about 12 rounds, the winner ends up with around 100 troops, but goes through maybe 350 in total in an escalite game. Let's say the other players' total troops over the game are 250, 150, and 100 (someone gets killed early). So the total number of troops 'lost' in the game is 700. That's 350 'conflicts', which would require a minimum of 175 rolls.

The odds of 666 and 111 are about 200-1 against, so we would expect one or the other to happen 1 time in 100. So, yeah, a couple of times a game. Seems reasonable.

Upvote 0

PKHustle

Awesome Player
lol, the only problems with the site is the lag but they've been actively working on a permanent fix and honestly it's not that bad, especially if you stick to casual games.

As for the dice not being random, you're wrong. I used to think they wern't in some cases because the odds of something that happened just seemed incredibly unlikely but then I went and played a game of Starcraft Risk with 8 friends irl. The dice raped my asshole so hard that I didn't want to play after I lost about 30 troops to 6. I'd even go on to say that I have had worse luck in the actual board game than I've had on this site.

Yes, I've had some pretty disgusting rolls, but I've also had some extremely amazing ones. Play here long enough and you'll realize that the dice are not out on a personal mission to destroy any chance you have of winning. :p

Upvote 0

johnjdc

Awesome Player
Yeah my all time worst roll got me pretty angry - 14 v 2 and I lost, but then I think, well, I've beaten 50 with 25, too...

Upvote 0

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Hey, I had some booze tonight, so i'm in an optimistic mood: I see 2 very good things here:
1st. Alkohol, you are on tilt. You already posted in the forums months ago about erasing your account. Still, you've played hundreds of games, and reached quite a high rank. If the dice (or the site) was as f.cked up as you say, you couldn't have done that. Right? So I think you should get something (a ball, a doll, an anything) that you can beat and throw and kill when you are on tilt. Poker players do it all the time. Also i think you should become a paying member. It's obvious you care about the game, and we have lovely tournaments and clans here. Lovely fellows, too. When you let off the steam, check them out! Seriously.
2nd. Making statistics is acutally a very good idea! I don't think it's hard to program, and let's face it, from time to time we all used to have doubts about how random that random generator might be. Statistics is the easiest solution to go the doubts away! Bado, please, do something! :)

Upvote 0

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
A disgrace? mmmm, no. I think "a shambles" describes it better...

Upvote 0

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Have you conducted your dice experiment? I have a suggestion - You will need 4 dice. 3 of one colour and a 4th of a different colour. To get statistically significant results you would roll them about 1000 times and record the rolls. (yes, I majored in Math in University). Or you can take the lazy way like I did and read this wonderfully informative blog: http://www.plainsboro.com/~lemke/risk/. To sum, in layman's terms, over a large number of rolls the attacker has an advantage but in the short term anomalies will occur.

Upvote 0

iLoveBadDiceBANNED

Awesome Player
Have you conducted your dice experiment? I have a suggestion - You will need 4 dice. 3 of one colour and a 4th of a different colour. To get statistically significant results you would roll them about 1000 times and record the rolls. (yes, I majored in Math in University). Or you can take the lazy way like I did and read this wonderfully informative blog: http://www.plainsboro.com/~lemke/risk/. To sum, in layman's terms, over a large number of rolls the attacker has an advantage but in the short term anomalies will occur.

"you would roll them about 1000 times and record the rolls." Sounds to me like Math majors are a little bit O.C.D-ish ...

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Trying to explain anything to ALKOHOL, logically, is useless when he opens up a thread with such an abusive message toward the site.

I love when messages are posted offering constructive criticism, explanations, questions, etc. There are great people here, that offer great ideas and suggestions all the time. ALKOHOL is not one of them.

ALKOHOL could have started his thread with a question like "How do the dice work? It does not seem like I am getting fair results?" Instead he goes on a tirade about how horrible the site is. Even his title to this thread is.........'a disgrace!!!!!'

Bottom line: It is not really relevant if the dice generation is EXACTLY like throwing real dice. We all play by the same rules, and with the same dice generator. We all have good streaks and bad streaks. It all seams perfectly fair to me.........

FLAGG

Upvote 0

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
"you would roll them about 1000 times and record the rolls." Sounds to me like Math majors are a little bit O.C.D-ish ...
A little? Although I prefer CDO - alphabetical the way it should be.

Upvote 0

martinaBANNED

Awesome Player
well you answer to this is relly bad and incorrect, if you had a logic which you dont ,he was asking how is possible to get in so many times in games 666 or 111 . . so if you knew a bit of statistic that can happen rarely. this algoritam is totally strange . . and why not have statistics, and please read a text before you make such idiots comments, the proposal of alkohol is constructiv and you dont know that we play by SAME RULES but i think for you that is hard to explain. perhaps you payed more to get better dices???? hm . . .

i am just wondering how didnt you get you rank???? you are not so bright . . .

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Our random number generator is a 32-bit version of the Mersenne twister. It's a rock solid random number generator but we have modified it to produce horrible dice rolls specifically when you need them the most. We felt this is the best course of action in the long run.

For more information, read this. http://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Nature_of_Dice_Luck_and_Streaks

haters1.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iLoveBadDiceBANNED

Awesome Player
well you answer to this is relly bad and incorrect, if you had a logic which you dont ,he was asking how is possible to get in so many times in games 666 or 111 . . so if you knew a bit of statistic that can happen rarely. this algoritam is totally strange . . and why not have statistics, and please read a text before you make such idiots comments, the proposal of alkohol is constructiv and you dont know that we play by SAME RULES but i think for you that is hard to explain. perhaps you payed more to get better dices???? hm . . .

i am just wondering how didnt you get you rank???? you are not so bright . . .

"the proposal of alkohol is constructiv"

alkohol: "I really wonder if you're just stupid or there is something else behind it? You were writing about random selection, however we are not all stupid as you"

I don't think it's humanly possible to get any more "constructiv" than this ...

I wonder if in your language "constructiv" means what "destructive" means in ours ...

Upvote 0

iLoveBadDiceBANNED

Awesome Player
my post was regarding to FLAGG post . .

"perhaps you payed more to get better dices???? hm . . .

i am just wondering how didnt you get you rank???? you are not so bright . . . "

FLAGG, how much are you paying for the "better dices"? I just want to make sure you didn't get a better deal ...

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
HA!

IloveBadDice - I have to say that Martina is right :( Martina has called me out...........I am really not very bright at all. I just pay a ton of money to the site, in exchange for very good dice :) That is the only reason that my rank is so much higher than Martina's. I have not admitted that before, because I hate having to admit my shortcomings..........I wish every day that I was bright. Every day. Sometimes it just does not seem fair - how God divided up the bright genes and all....... :)

Martina - What I was referring to in Alkohol's message was the fact that he titled it "This site is a Disgrace." Then he called the site administrators Incompetent, Ignorant, and Stupid. I had trouble getting to the constructive part that you talked about.

FLAGG

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.