• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

THEY awol'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Two players who have played many games, and have demonstrated their talents time and time again have awol'd!? They would be RedBridgeBeach and jeymo. Any idea why?

Last edited:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Two players who have played many games, and have demonstrated their talents time and time again have awol'd!? They would be RedBridgeBeach and jeymo. Any idea why?

my guess is likely they are living their life and don't have time for games on the internet.. just a guess. :p

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player

Wow, that's a shame. I've played RBB a few times, he definitely knows his business, and jeymo and I have had quite a few epic bouts. Hope they come back.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
my guess is likely they are living their life and don't have time for games on the internet.. just a guess. :p

Thank you, ghost. I was just pondering on whether or not I would be able to make it through life without you, and I realized how stupid it was of me to wonder about something so obviously necessary. Ghost, I NEED you.

Last edited:

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Red mentioned something about not being able to find a computer to play on just before he went AWOL in my last game with him. I'm assuming he was checking in on an iphone or similar and could chat/start his turn, but not interact with the Flash game interface

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
or... both jeymo and redbridgebeach are zsp's multies, and he wanted to make his victory look legit. ;)

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I would think the Chief recruiter would be ....hmmm...whats the word.... more recruiterlike.

Hell, I would think the lowest employee in charge of sweeping the floor would be more recruiterlike.

Were in beta, so I suppose being unprofessional and even adversarial towards other players in the forum is fine, but I would think you might want to start practicing to be....likable at some point.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
or... both jeymo and redbridgebeach are zsp's multies, and he wanted to make his victory look legit. ;)

hahah that would be A LOT of majcom playing and a lot of effort!

It would be quite the majcom scandal if that were true though!

But sadly, as much as ghost would like to believe this is the case, tis untrue. :marchmellow:

I doubt it. jeymo's way better than zsp... :D

:bootyshake:

Last edited:

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
lol, I deserve that. It'll be a bummer is jeymo's gone, tho, he's been here since pretty early days.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I would think the Chief recruiter would be ....hmmm...whats the word.... more recruiterlike.

Hell, I would think the lowest employee in charge of sweeping the floor would be more recruiterlike.

Were in beta, so I suppose being unprofessional and even adversarial towards other players in the forum is fine, but I would think you might want to start practicing to be....likable at some point.

Noooo Fitz, you must have missed the ":p" at the end of her post. It makes her post much more friendly now since it was included.
:p :p :p :p :p (Super okay post)

Last edited:

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
it could be too early to know if both are gone for good, but ive played him enough to know hes good...hell, i was going to invite him to play some dubs with me...

better than that ZSP guy... I mean, sure, use zsp to clean the walls or something...but as a doubles player???

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Noooo Fitz, you must have missed the ":p" at the end of her post. It makes her post much more friendly now since it was included.
:p :p :p :p :p (Super okay post)

How silly of me. My marketing degree isnt worth crap I guess.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Glad you're coming around to that realization.

Actually, it was sarcastic. And my sarcastic degree, was a full PHD. With honors.

I use that daily.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
wow.. looks like it's another "take ghost far too seriously, refrain from seeing a point blank answer that was neither cruel or unkind and act like she's an ignorant bitch who doesn't care about MC"... day.

i'm sorry i refuse to see the validity in such a silly question.
people are going to come and go from the site, sometimes in long spaces.. it's common sense that we are all human and if we are not online are likely off being humans in this big bad world doing human things, like living.

i suppose my response should of been something more like:

"wow, i dunno zsp, good question.. i hope they're okay and nothing bad has happened"...

a better response could of been:

"well, why don't you note them and ask?"

sorry i chose the straightforward approach... but i figured you all would find great reprise in finding more faults in my unprofessional-ism and causing unnecessary drama out of nothing - at - all.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Youre making up words that I did not use, and quite frankly never would. My opinion was just that it seemed more unprofessional than id have expected. Maybe you took AAfitz far too seriously. I have been duly warned to keep my opinion to myself about the staff of Majcom however, and will be happy doing so. As a last suggestion though, you really should work on your treatment of players.

I came to a site suggesting there would be less sarcasm, less flaming, and more of a community spirit, only to find members of the staff flaming the players, threatening them when they complain about it, and then going on with the exact behavior they claim to prohibit, and quite frankly, unnecessarily,

I was asked to join and give my ideas on how to improve majcom, and so I did. Now I have been asked not to, so I wont. Feel free to treat players as you wish and as "straighforward" as you wish in the future. You may even find some who enjoy it and find it welcoming. I am truly sorry I dont happen to be one of them, and decided to defend another that did not seem to either.

In any case, I consider my debt paid here, because this will be the best advice you ever get, whether you choose to ignore it or not, and will be the absolute number one factor if you choose to bring majcom to any level of success whatsoever.

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Thank you for your advice AAFitz. We hope you stick around to see the various levels of success we achieve here. We have much to improve upon and are working at it from all angles.

I think this thread has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.