• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The spinning MajCom logo… what’s really going on here?

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
As I sit waiting to enter my games as the spinning logo spins, I couldn’t help but wonder what was really going on, what is the spinning logo’s purpose?

I thought perhaps something nefarious was going on, such as the website making me wait while it collects my personal information, so that it could be sold on the dark web to pay for the developers code updates. I dug and dug until I found answers. The following story will probably be removed, but I wanted to get the truth out there. Some may think I’m crazy, and maybe I’ve just been staring at the spinning logo for too long, but maybe…. Just maybe… I’m on to something.

Title: “The Cosmic Dance of the Spinning Majorcommand Logo”

In the dimly lit basement of a nondescript office building, a secret society convened. Their mission? To manipulate the very fabric of the digital universe. Their tool? The enigmatic Spinning Majorcommand Logo.

Chapter 1: The Initiation

New recruits were blindfolded and led into a room where the air hummed with anticipation. The Grand Webmaster, clad in a tinfoil hat, addressed them: “Welcome to the Order of the Infinite Loop. Behold the sacred artifact—the Spinning Majorcommand Logo!”

The recruits gasped as the logo materialized—an intricate design of intertwined arrows, each pointing in a different direction. “What does it mean?” they whispered.

Chapter 2: The Cosmic Conspiracy

The Spinning Majorcommand Logo was no ordinary emblem. It was a gateway to parallel dimensions. As it spun, it synchronized with cosmic vibrations, allowing access to alternate realities. The recruits learned that every minute of loading time was a cosmic negotiation.

Chapter 3: Negotiating with Aliens

The Spinning Majorcommand Logo wasn’t just an icon; it was negotiating peace treaties with extraterrestrial civilizations. As it spun, it transmitted binary messages: “We come in peace. Please don’t abduct our cows.”

Chapter 4: Time Travel and Strategy Games

The recruits discovered that the Spinning Majorcommand Logo could bend time. When it stalled, they glimpsed ancient battlefields, where generals debated whether to attack from the left or the right. And in the future, strategy games ruled the world.

Chapter 5: The Great Browser War

The Spinning Majorcommand Logo was a pawn in the Great Browser War. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge battled for supremacy. Each spin represented a skirmish. The recruits cheered for their favorite browser, secretly placing bets on the outcome.

Chapter 6: The Hidden Agenda

But what was the true purpose? The Grand Webmaster leaned in, whispering, “The Spinning Majorcommand Logo is a distraction. While users wait, we steal their thoughts. Ever wondered why you suddenly crave pineapple pizza?”

Chapter 7: The Ultimate Revelation

In the final initiation, the recruits faced the Logo of Destiny. It spun faster, revealing the truth: “Reality is an illusion. The Spinning Majorcommand Logo is the cosmic strategist, orchestrating chaos and order.”

As the recruits ascended, they vowed to spread the truth. So next time your screen freezes, remember: behind the Spinning Majorcommand Logo lies a universe of secrets, turn-based battles, and intergalactic negotiations.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Looks like nobody likes spinners. Skeleton screen looks ok...Not sure how easy it is to implement...Doesn't look hard.
Here's another site...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Tip...right click the square below 'TURN' and open all your games in a new tab, they load instantly...You're not waiting for the main page to reload all the time...

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Looks like 'Turns' list first now...Thanks Ian.

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Wow that games page loads so much faster and cleaner now, with everything in an intuitive and helpful order, way to go dev team!

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Oh, yay! Finally!

I know it was a matter of seconds, but it drove me nuts. So, I left until it was fixed.

Will join a new game now and see how it goes...

Good to be back!

-MTH

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Oh, yay! Finally!

I know it was a matter of seconds, but it drove me nuts. So, I left until it was fixed.

Good to be back!

-MTH

EDIT: Looks like the spinner is still there on the main Games page, even if it's a different graphic. Keeps spinning even though the games list is loaded...

Ah well, back to exile...

-MTH

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Oh, yay! Finally!

Good to be back!

-MTH
good to see you back.

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
EDIT: Looks like the spinner is still there on the main Games page, even if it's a different graphic. Keeps spinning even though the games list is loaded...

Ah well, back to exile...

-MTH
Yes, a little easier on the eyes but it still prevents clicking until it thinks the page is fully loaded. Before the spinner, you could click into a game even if the page hadn’t loaded fully. It was super fast, and appreciated since we no longer have a button within a game to go to the next game without first going back to the games list.

There must be some concern by the dev of us clicking before the page fully loads (this would be used on a site that perhaps needs to save to the server, but doesn’t make sense on the game list page) as it doesn’t need to be configured like that per commenters that are developers. Not the best experience, but not horrible any more.