• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The clock in real-time games

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
It's a hard 3 mins, no matter what?

I played on another site, and if there was a player elimination during a player's move, he would get time added. The thought was, in the event he was getting cards that he could cash in, to eliminate the next person in a chain-kill.

It seems such extra time is not given here? If not, it's virtually impossible to eliminate a 2nd person in the same turn.

What happens if someone runs out of time during card-cashing? Suppose the 3 mins are up after they get cards but before they have a chance to deploy the troops? Or will the clock allow them to complete the deployment?

Thanks in advance.

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
If you run out of time in the middle of something, you lose what you were doing. There is no extra time given, so if you only have a few seconds left, don't cash in a set if you can't deploy before time runs out.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Ok. But what if you're holding more than 5 cards but you don't have enough time to deploy and so you don't cash? How will the site react in that case?

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I'm going to add a bit to this thread.

It's my opinion that during live 3 min games, time should be added mid-turn if the player taking their turn eliminates another player. To me, it doesn't make obvious intuitive sense why anyone should insist on a hard 3-min cap.

I'm of the opinion that the 3 min "rule" is to ensure everyone is playing their turn efficiently. No one wants to wait 5, 6 mins for someone to do a simple deploy/conquer. But if someone does a 3 player chain kill over 40 territories in 7 mins, I don't see why anyone would have an issue with that. That in fact, would be very efficient play given what that person is actually doing.

Of course, I say this with the understanding that I would desire live game STRATEGY to be the same as in a non-live (non-rushed) game. If the purpose of a 3 min inflexible time limit is to have the game played DIFFERENTLY than a non-rushed game (i.e. where it is possible to do a multi-player chain kill that would take more than 3 mins to do), then by all means leave the 3 min rule alone. But if the intent is to have it played in the same manner, then having a hard 3 min cap makes it almost impossible to do.

It seems without extra time, one can only expect to conquer one other player per move. If that's the desire on MC live, then that's fine. But if extra time is given (e.g. on other sites), game strategy isn't affected and I personally prefer it that way.