• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

spinning "major command" animation

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Looking forward to it being removed hopefully. Really annoying, cheap looking, and does stay up longer than it should on the games list page… used to be able to click into a game even if the page wasn’t fully loaded, now have to wait… even if for just a few seconds longer.
I know, right?

This has been a great site. I have a vague understanding of what it takes to build and manage a site as complicated as this -- especially when it comes to coding and porting from one environment to another. That's why I've stuck with it here through the transition -- great community, great maps, and even if not everything worked tickety-boo, it was still fun. I volunteered to help with some marketing and signed on with the GoFundMe drive because it is a site I believe in.

But for some reason, that spinner is driving me nuts. It's like Charlie standing outside of the candy shop, watching that thing -- you can see the chocolate inside, but you can't touch. And yeah, it's just a couple of seconds. Apparently, it's enough to break me.

Perhaps it needs to be there -- that's the official line. I respect that. But it stresses me to no end. Which is counter-productive for me, since I come here to relax.

So, if you don't see me around, that is why...

-MTH

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Cannot an animated page loader be any size, shape, color, etc.? It would be much more pleasing for it to be about the size of a thumd drive.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
i am a bit surprised this is such an issue. i mean in the context of all that could use fixing around here? personally i find the animation kind of endearing. but i get i am in the minority, and it probably wont take a lot of resources to change this back to sth less .. rotary. sheriff posted specific sites where people can look though options and make suggestions what they would prefer. start there?
to my recollection bilsi was the only one who actually did so. and then lets please dream bigger and move on to wishing for the return of something like points and tournaments soon?

edit: what about "dot collision" for instance. seems pretty minimalistic, and collision kind of goes with the theme of the game?
personally my first pick would be this
medium.com%2Fmax%2F1400%2F1*lsB5T7aKYZHpcKBxq6gMog.gif
kidding
or not

Last edited:

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
i am a bit surprised this is such an issue. i mean in the context of all that could use fixing around here? personally i find the animation kind of endearing. but i get i am in the minority, and it probably wont take a lot of resources to change this back to sth less .. rotary. sheriff posted specific sites where people can look though options and make suggestions what they would prefer. start there?

to my recollection bilsi was the only one who actually did so. and then lets please dream bigger and move on to wishing for the return of something like points and tournaments soon?
It's not the graphic itself that bugs me, it's the time delay. It blocks interaction until the page is fully loaded instead of when it's first interactive (so you could, for example, click into a game without the "We're Working On It" message to load all the way).

I didn't suggest a different animation because it doesn't really matter what that is -- though for the record, I agree with you that the Major Command spinner is endearing. I did however suggest a different way of implementation. So you can count me among the troubleshooters!

And I know I'm in the minority here too -- at least when it comes to the issue stopping me from playing. I've gotten to a point in my life where I'm eliminating all sources of stress possible, rational or irrational... lol

-MTH

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I like the simplicity of dot collision, but only if the whole graphic could fit in a nickel size graphic area. The larger the loader, the more stress.