• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

So what are our 'STANDARDS OF CONDUCT' for clan membership?

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I need some ideas here. I submit that breaking a peace agreement is beneath our clan honor. Also, that we all treat all of our opponents with dignity and honor. We dont need any quarrelsome "that guy"s in our clan. Any more ideas on this subject. I would envision that any clan member breaking these standards of conduct be considered for removal from clan by majority vote of all clan members. :neo:

ThePadrone

Awesome Player
And it's got to be fun. When the child-like enthusiasm goes out of any activity it's time to move on.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yes. I like it

Owlie

Awesome Player
Oh, I'm totally a treaty breaker. I always, always treat opponents with respect, and I make it a point never to insult anyone or respond in kind to another's insult... and I don't mind helping other new players even if it costs me the match.

But treaty agreements are just a game mechanic, and of the two players that's party to it, the treaty only ever helps the player who's ahead in the match.

(So, yeah, if any of you are in a treaty with me and I'm behind on troops and territory... you might want to keep your guard up, just sayin').

So... uh, maybe we can write it into the charter that Owlie is an exception to the treaty-breaking rule? Y'know, just to give people a heads up...

Owlie

Awesome Player
(Also, we should only allow people into the clan if they can hold their liquor.

This is a deal-breaker for me.)

Jazz9000

Awesome Player
I have to agree with IIcoots here....I think breaking a diplomatic agreement is not really on. Yes it could be considered a game strategy, and in many cases will give you an advantage, but it generally leads to bad blood between players and I think it should be avoided at all costs.
Also, we should demonstrate good gamesmanship at all times - no getting pissed at someone and insulting them, no abusive language etc. That just really brings the feel of the game down.
But I'm up for the liquor :)

Owlie

Awesome Player
Just tell people I'm your token evil clan-mate. People EXPECT the evil guy to be evil (and are disappointed when he isn't).

:evil:

Plus, I'll make you all look better by comparison!

Last edited:

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Owlie, ur a hoot. Looking at ur profile it seems u have never broken a diplo LOL. C'mon, let me talk u into this one. pretty please LOL. And I being an elder statesman will admit holding my liquor isnt an easy thing for me anymore but pffttt as long as I had fun I dont care LOL. Keep in mind these 'standards' are like political platforms....nobody excepts 100% compliance LOL. Any more suggestions for 'standards'?

Last edited:

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I do have one more suggestion....that we strive to communicate with each other in some way regularly or why bother. I suggest any clan member that is totally inactive (no posts on clan forums, etc) within the clan be removed. pick a time frame, I'm thinking a month

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Oh, I'm totally a treaty breaker. I always, always treat opponents with respect, and I make it a point never to insult anyone or respond in kind to another's insult... and I don't mind helping other new players even if it costs me the match.

But treaty agreements are just a game mechanic, and of the two players that's party to it, the treaty only ever helps the player who's ahead in the match.

(So, yeah, if any of you are in a treaty with me and I'm behind on troops and territory... you might want to keep your guard up, just sayin').

So... uh, maybe we can write it into the charter that Owlie is an exception to the treaty-breaking rule? Y'know, just to give people a heads up...

I'm going to say that, if you make a habit of breaking treaties, that the 'regulars' around here will soon figure out that you're not trustworthy and will begin to avoid you, won't want to play with you, and certainly won't want to team with you. Yes, it's allowed, but most of the core regulars of the site look down on people who use it as a 'strategy'. You do what you want, of course.

That being said, based on the fact that his diplo score reads 1000(0), that ol' Owlie may be pulling our collective legs... ;)

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
and u know what happens to any bird, even an owl, when something is looking down on it. DINNER. lol

:bootyshake:

Owlie

Awesome Player
Uh........................... I'm just waiting for the right treaty to break? :hmmmm2:

I'm going to say that, if you make a habit of breaking treaties, that the 'regulars' around here will soon figure out that you're not trustworthy and will begin to avoid you, won't want to play with you, and certainly won't want to team with you.

I refuse to play by the rules of the Major Command 1%! It's time to re-distribute the points to the hardworking newbie class! (And if we have to break a few eggs--I mean, treaties--along the way, then so be it...)

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
1%, I love it.

I racked my old fart brain for some middle ground regarding breaking diplo's but I think its one of those 'yea or nay' issues. I will say this though; that violating that standard as a rare event (keeping Cardinalrules advice in mind) is one thing but as a trend is unacceptable for this clan's purpose. Anybody else wants to beat on this dead horse have at it. I got a clan 'code of conduct' draft to write for members to vote on. :beerglass: