• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Skipped turns?

Intransigent

Awesome Player
Hi, I'm Intransigent!

I was wondering how many times a player can get to 5 resources, skip the turn, then cash in for a higher value, Get back to 5 again, skip and cash in again? Reading the wiki it looks like if the skips are not consecutive then no penalty.

It's annoying, so as it looks like it is going to happens a third time, then I'm tempted to skip too. Should the other players do the same it's going to be a long game.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Annoying but not against site rules. I know that if I'm early in a large (8-12 players) escalate game I frequently skip (not missing a turn but skip attacking) to get a larger set.

Upvote 0

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Hi, I'm Intransigent!

I was wondering how many times a player can get to 5 resources, skip the turn, then cash in for a higher value, Get back to 5 again, skip and cash in again? Reading the wiki it looks like if the skips are not consecutive then no penalty.

It's annoying, so as it looks like it is going to happens a third time, then I'm tempted to skip too. Should the other players do the same it's going to be a long game.

Not consecutive = no AWOL, correct

Skipping a turn nets a player deferred troops, but they don't get any troops from the command, just for # of territories (i.e. they have 18 terts for 6 deploy, plus +3 for holding Africa......deferred =6 troops instead of 9).

In the long run, that player has missed out on 2/3 of a set, so if attacks are even, they should fall behind.

Also, r u sure you're intransigent? We have a site doctor who can look into that 4 u. Usually prescribes an herbal tea.

Upvote 0

Intransigent

Awesome Player
Thanks for the replies, gents.

Cardinalsrule I understand that. I sometimes just place armies and don't attack.

Brian, in your example, they lose 3 but gain 10 more if two other players turn their resources in. Thanks for clearing up the legality for me.

BTW, Yes I am 100% intransigent. I just said so didn't I. I know it is true because my wife said so!

Upvote 0

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
You rather take your turn and not attack than completely Skip it.
Skipping a turn is not only anoying, but generally not really appreciated by the opponents (if we know it has been on purpose ofcourse)

Upvote 0

Intransigent

Awesome Player
You rather take your turn and not attack than completely Skip it.
Skipping a turn is not only anoying, but generally not really appreciated by the opponents (if we know it has been on purpose ofcourse)

I agree, Hortik, but since it isn't unlawful it's bound to happen. I'm wondering how to play to make skipping the turn less profitable for an opponent.
Yes, some people have connection problems, even on 24 hour games. However, when they have 5 cards, so will be forced to turn in next time, it seems more obvious.

Upvote 0