• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

Official Scoreboard and Points (May the 4th be with you!)

Official

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Are we resetting to cadet 1225 or not?
No. Did you look at the scoreboard recently? A few players ranks have sorted themselves out already.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
No. Did you look at the scoreboard recently? A few players ranks have sorted themselves out already.
I'm certainly not sorted out. How do I go from 1730 to under 900?

Stormcat

Awesome Player
I'm certainly not sorted out. How do I go from 1730 to under 900?
you probably lost some games against people with much lower ratings. i remember you were on a winning streak during april, but how has it been since? you'll climb right back up now with just a couple of good wins-i see a bunch of people who've done it now

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
you probably lost some games against people with much lower ratings. i remember you were on a winning streak during april, but how has it been since? you'll climb right back up now with just a couple of good wins-i see a bunch of people who've done it now
I won a lot in April but didn't count till May 4...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Nuts......

Attachments

• screencapture-majorcommand-beta-66221-2024-07-09-13_22_20.jpg
    screencapture-majorcommand-beta-66221-2024-07-09-13_22_20.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Nuts......
Points count starting April 1. Oh, my bad, games that finish after May 4 count. Then everybody was supposed to start from scratch. Stupid me for believing that. And everyone will even out...LOL

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Scoreboard is definitely sorting itself out. Gives a whole new level of respect for top players who consistently manage to maintain their high scores. Wondering if there is any idea as to when ranks might update to match scores? And medals :)

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Yes, the scoreboard seems to be settling back and working ok. It looks like the weird stuff was a result of a smallish number of players who weren't newcomers but who (through no fault of their own) were ranked as grunts, and who entered lots of games after the points system went live again. The knock on was that anyone with points on the board who played them tended to lose points. That seems to have passed through the system now - I remember there was one name which went right to the top, but just looking now he/she seems to have disappeared completely, so perhaps the ones who went up like rockets are falling like stones!

I'm gradually floating back to my normal level - and I expect most of the other long-standing players will as well.

(I still suspect that points may be being calculated on scores when the game is joined rather than when it starts - but since there aren't the massive differences that there were a few weeks ago between the two, it's probably no big deal.)

Going forward:
1. Ranks would be good
2. I know some people like the medals - I'm not bothered personally.
3. The list of Archived games is a mess - they should be listed in order by date of game-end, most-recent at top.

Games seem to be working fine - I'm not experiencing any difficulties.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
How come every game I'm in shows a different score? How are points allocated properly if that's the case?

waldegrave

Awesome Player
How come every game I'm in shows a different score? How are points allocated properly if that's the case?
In each game you're set at the score you had when the game started (or joined -- I can't remember which). Points won or lost are calculated based on that score, which remains fixed for that game, even if your actual score changes in the meantime as you win or lose games. This means different games will show different scores.

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Any timeline on when the individual Ranking designation will be coordinated with their ever-changing Points?

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
By the time there is an update, or some information about how the fixes and progress are going,
we are misinformed and somewhat abandoned
thanks