• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

Official Scoreboard and Points (May the 4th be with you!)

Official

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I have run thru my personal point count (games played) as per the point dates prescribed by MC and have discovered that my current point total is POINT ON! It was a chore, but I had to find out for sure if anything was wrong with the adjustments made by the MC coder. Personally, I found that there is no point adjustment problems and that all is now good with the point system. I would think that the algorithms are now set correctly and no other universal changes need to be made. No point shedding is really required. So, going back to normal, with individual player/game problems being solved, should be the path forward.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I have run thru my personal point count (games played) as per the point dates prescribed by MC and have discovered that my current point total is POINT ON! It was a chore, but I had to find out for sure if anything was wrong with the adjustments made by the MC coder. Personally, I found that there is no point adjustment problems and that all is now good with the point system. I would think that the algorithms are now set correctly and no other universal changes need to be made. No point shedding is really required. So, going back to normal, with individual player/game problems being solved, should be the path forward.
good to Know. thanks Genghis

if the coding is working properly then the points resetting is a non-issue as things will all settle out over time, point-wise and the coders time and efforts can be focused on moving forward to new heights.

Onwards and Upwards.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Yup. I also don't mind resetting points as well. I can play loads of 1v1 games again and gain more than 2 points! :)
I think either that or reset it back to April 1st scores.
Me went 15-20 in my first 35 games. Multiplayer. I should be up some. because of how the points got reimplemented I have gone from 3110 to 2207, I know I lost more after the first 35 at a much greater rate, but I also played some 1x1's where I lost a lot more then I won.
I think 4-1-2024 scores should be reimplemented. otherwise players like sann, peri, Engel and all others in top 10 earned it.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
just reset so we can get going again...It's been forever.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Should we all just quit playing because of this ongoing discourse of points? I feel that all of these point discussions are starting to wear thin. I say "LIVE WITH WHAT WE HAVE NOW" and press onward. So what if some players get a few extra points and some loose a few points. That problem will eventually balance out due to players' skill. The next effort should be match the Ranking with the points with instant updates. Now that everyone has played dozens if not hundreds of "practice" games over the last 2 1/2 years, leave points as they are currently functioning. And, let us all continue to climb the ladder!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
question, medals and UDO's stay or go?
Map medals are my favorite. We have to bring those back. Took years to earn those.. I like the UDO concept. Otherwise you can just play the same person 50 games a night and get Bronze at 25 in one night.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Should we all just quit playing because of this ongoing discourse of points? I feel that all of these point discussions are starting to wear thin. I say "LIVE WITH WHAT WE HAVE NOW" and press onward. So what if some players get a few extra points and some loose a few points. That problem will eventually balance out due to players' skill. The next effort should be match the Ranking with the points with instant updates. Now that everyone has played dozens if not hundreds of "practice" games over the last 2 1/2 years, leave points as they are currently functioning. And, let us all continue to climb the ladder!
It isn't fair when the cadet was now a General and I went from a Major to the rank at 2200 and I was still losing 90 points to 8. This cost me over 1000 points. how do you go 15-21 in games averaging 8-9 players and lose hundreds of points. I should be up at least that if I was winning/losing the correct amount of points.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
2nd ask, medals and UDO's stay or go? And when do we reset?

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
2nd ask, medals and UDO's stay or go? And when do we reset?
Good questions. The whole map medals system was based on UDO's. Everyone loves medals. My all-time goal is Gold on all medals. Won't happen for a long time, but I'm only 59. Please don't take them away.

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Good questions. The whole map medals system was based on UDO's. Everyone loves medals. My all-time goal is Gold on all medals. Won't happen for a long time, but I'm only 59. Please don't take them away.
Risky makes a good point. Rising back up from scratch is one thing in points, like Peri said one could go from bottom to top in under a year. But UDO is a horse of a different color, some of you grizzled vets have been dropping bodies for over a decade to get where you are...

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Took us a long time to get those medals, check some joined dates.Keep the medals.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Took us a long time to get those medals, check some joined dates.Keep the medals.
I tried to check dates. tesla was still alive. medals are so fun to go after. One I don't think I will ever get, and peri displays this on her page is the 40 CUDO, Proud of her. I want in that club. I have gone over 36 twice.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
question, medals and UDO's stay or go?
It took me TEN YEARS to get the Onyx medal in assassin; if that gets taken away I'm going to be incredibly unhappy...

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I don't wanna lose my 59 medals...1 per my age...
agreed, keep the medals for sure. I'm good with resetting the points but do keep the medals

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
It took me TEN YEARS to get the Onyx medal in assassin; if that gets taken away I'm going to be incredibly unhappy...
agreed, keep the medals for sure. I'm good with resetting the points but do keep the medals

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
That is an accomplishment. No other player has that. I only have 1 Onyx and that is for 1x1. I'm not even close to Onyx on any map. Straight out, Onyx is too rich for me. I'm just going for golds.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Points and rank come and go. Not to take away from anyone who's play got them to a high rank the fair way.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I've been going through my games and the point situation is frustrating. A player won a game 10 days ago and another player in the game. Who has 3600+ points more then I only lost 1 more point then I. I guess I still don't understand the points, but I thought it was a set mathematical equation.