• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

RT Game of the Week

SamuelGrey

Awesome Player
I thank you for the response and for recognizing my message for what it is,as well as for the honesty and thoroughness :) While I do trust what you said about the odds programming may not be your intention,I strongly believe more testing on that is needed.Because unrealistic calculations I've both experienced and witnessed could only be explained as rigged or flawed.And that was always the case benefiting payed user class or a significantly higher ranking players.Now I know I brought no evidence regarding this but I will find a way to notify you when I encounter something really suspicious again.Oh yes,and about starting positions,I have myself recently begun game holding most of north america on classic map,oddly enough I was playing with lower ranks at the time...I do not think this is coincidence,before that I've been hindered by these situations many times as well,there is somthing about that...
I hope some day soon we will enjoy that fluency of gameplay as is in that video and that turn skipping issue will be fixed too ☻ I wonder will you consider implementing sound notifications too ☻ I will try requesting a game tomorrow,now I must sleep...Big thanks and big greetings ☻

SamuelGrey

Awesome Player
BeanZ I see I've confused you. First reply was to Redstorm,second was to you,I thought these attach to those you reply to :) I just wanted to clear that out...Btw,I apologize for my long delays too,I am using on-screen keyboard since physical died xD

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
No worries Samuel,

I'll leave this here for you in case you want to learn more about the dice and odds on MajorCommand
Nature of Dice Luck and Streaks

As for the sound notification, that was something that was being worked on a very long time ago, so I'm not too sure what it's current progress is (The Sheriff might know, but I doubt that it's coming soon). But at the moment, the number one priority is continuing to build and fine tune the new engine.

Look forward to seeing you in an RT game in the future :)

sekretar

Awesome Player
check in dominating12.they have same time speed games there.best option for 1v1 speed games.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
This is your chance to make suggestions

thanks beanz, this is a great idea. i see that right now there is 3 players assassin on classic mini available. & 3 player assassin would be a good setting to just have as as standard in my opinion, it works well in rt & introduces a lot of a fresh dynamic. my favourite map for this is nukes!, but it works on any, so maybe you could cycle through the maps with this one?

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
How did this thread turn into a discussion about everything but the question Beanz posed?

I can't remember Balkans having been available as a free to play real time game so I'd like to request 2 player Balkans - 1 border, escal-something

@once- I think I might win games with those settings on the nukes map but I'm not sure the average player would get to play enough games in a single week to understand the map at all... It took me over a dozen games to stand a chance against experienced players. We do want players to stand a chance don't we? Rather than 3player nukes assassin being a point generator for nukes experts like us... I doubt it would be a nice experience for average players of whom most have zero experience with nukes. Don't be offended by this, I know you're an honorable player

Last edited:

SamuelGrey

Awesome Player
Auroracraft,sorry,it was due to my poor understanding of how forums work,so I swayed of the topic :) but you're right. To get back to it... I have always wanted to try out some of the big maps like u.s.a. ,n.a. ,s.a. ,far east asia,balkan peninsula or classic massive in rt... possibly with settings 6 : Mercenary : Singles : Sequential : Escalite : Unlimited : Path : Chance : 5 min : Public :)

ThunderChile

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
3 player assasin on mini is a good idea. Joined the first game I could only to find 2 other making diplo (on assasin game!) and eventually the other player killing the wrong target and giving 91points to the other player. lol.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
@SamuelGrey - np
I used to play 6 player mercenary escalite a lot, but not as a RT but 24h games. I enjoyed those way more than RT's
(You can start 3 such mercenary games as a grunt and still play RT games on the side)
The awols and fowl play stuff discussed here that we see in regular 4 player games will occur as much in 6 player RT games as they take longer to fill up though

sekretar

Awesome Player
what about game of the week!nobody play this game all game!nobody comment my propose...

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
3 player assasin on mini is a good idea. Joined the first game I could only to find 2 other making diplo (on assasin game!) and eventually the other player killing the wrong target and giving 91points to the other player. lol.

This is the downfall for this setting in RT and I would put money on more assassin games failing through lack of understanding by new players.

I suppose it's only in for a week so can't do any harm.

I think the smaller maps are the way to go though as a lot of new players go AWOL when losing and then other new players do not return to the site as they hate having to wait all the time.

3 min on RT games are better than 5 I believe for the reason above.

Last edited:

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
smart thinking JCUK
4 players 3 minutes , small maps, no assassin - that might work lets try it
escalite?

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
not everyone can play 3 mins, due slow connection, or phisical issues...

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
there are still 5 minute free to play games available
I understand it sucks not to be able to play certain games on this beautiful site due to a slow connection but 3 minute games may be a solution to more people than it is a problem for some people

5battalions

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
A RT map this sunday? Good idea. For helping players to intervene in theirs sunday mj game. Maybe it would be fine a pool during the week for the map wanted for the 'Sunday Game' and a list of players interested in playing the 'Sunday Game'. Scheluding it etc. (best hour for everyone).

Malek24

Awesome Player
more then 4 ppl :s at least 6 where we can do teams .thats all i want . i never played the game risk and i love the websight and the game and the concept of how people play to take it all :)

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Okay, so after our first week or RT games, we had 34 MINI Assassin games finished, so it seemed to be played a bit :)

After compiling all of the suggestions so far, I put them into a spreadsheet and used a rng to randomly select who's suggestion would get created for this week's RT games.

Congrates to melanie and malek24 who's settings were chosen this week.

For melanie's suggestion of "any map 1v1" we have a Mexican American War 1v1 game, and for malek24's suggestion we have an Australia 6 player triples game.
(For both of these a random number generator was used to select which map was to be played)

To see what suggestions there are, and if I've recorded your suggestion right... you can look here for the full list

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
@Beanz - since most new players haven't played teams games before it's likely a lot of them will make the mistake of attacking teammates in the first few games, so you might want to add a note "choose warm colors red yellow orange for teammates and cold colors for opponents blue purple black" or something like that... (or make these colors are the default setting hoping players will get the message)