• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Roman Empire

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Roman Empire is a very good idea - I like the idea of the Mediterranean in the middle and land all around.

First, Cagey's map (117 AD):

romanempire_zps2a020d90.jpg

Another division into provinces (BC39 - in German):

Roman-Empire-39BC-sm.png

Maybe we could superimpose these two maps to make 96 provinces?

Edit: And here is a new division of Roman Spain:

Hispania+romana.jpg

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
This could make a very nice mid-size (plus-or-minus 50 regions) map. Maybe a few connections across the Med with sailing ships (ie. Phoenicians)?

Tschapajew

Awesome Player
I want that!
but maybe it will be too big with britain, gallia and the black sea
it would be nicer to differanciate the countrys around the mediterreanean sea in more regions

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
please include this!

Gaul_village.jpg

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I also like this idea as a map.

Just a thought you could include having historic places where roman regions lost their eagles. They could act as an auto-deploy one.

Also smi describe what in the picture you want included. I can't tell.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
This map is being worked on as we speak will post when I have something postable

WickedWitch

Awesome Player
I like this map. And if it was made to look old fashioned, it would be awesome.

hat7rick

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
this will be a great map. cant wait to try it :)

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
this will be a great map. cant wait to try it :)

Doesn't look like anyone's working on this map ;)
Which is actually a pity since Roman Empire is definitely PERFECT for a map, just like that Japan/Korea map with the lands around the sea in the middle.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
O ye of little faith...

I split Brittania into 3, just because, and Egypt into the Upper and Lower Kingdoms

There's 51 provinces so far, I think Italy should be split into at least 3, which would make 53, if Sardinia and Corsica were 2 separate provinces then that'd make 54

Tell me what you think

Last edited:

hat7rick

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
looking good.. maybe add malta as well and assuming lines will be drawn e.g cyprus to turkey, cyprus to israel. Crete to rest of Greece, lower britain to france, belgium etc
sardinia / corsica 2 separate regions that might be worth +1 etc

this map might give some idea for the names of the regions
Roman%20Empire%201.JPG

Last edited:

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Looking good cagey.

We should try to get the map up to 60 regions. That would be a good number.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
I've re-coloured the provinces to try and suggest possible commands and split Italy - also added Rome, though it's a little too small. Also added some coastal shading.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Some suggested sea lanes. easy enough to add or remove, split Gaul into North and South, otherwise Brittania would be a command only connected to one neighbouring command...

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Great job!

You could cut in a couple of new territories in Africa (see the second map in my first post) and also the Northern Caucasus looks a bit unstructured to me. I guess you used that second picture from my first post, which shows the border of the Empire a bit beyond the provinces themselves. maybe this map might give you inspiration to change the borders a bit:

image018.jpg

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'm counting 55 terts, including Rome, which, yes, should be bigger. Make it like the enclosed terts on the Balkans, probably, if you want to keep it, which I'm in favor of. Not exactly an ideal #, maybe carve some in Africa up a little? Patsfan is right, 60 would be ideal.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
I've divided 4 of the provinces, one in Africa, one in Gaul, the Crimea and one in the middle there somewhere, also added Alexandria in Egypt to bring the count up to 60. The divisions are arbitrary, but Historical accuracy can take a back seat to game-play and they can be called East- and West-Someplacius or North- and South-.

I'ts very busy - there are very few territories which aren't a border with another command, not sure how it would play. Suggest that perhaps Crete and Cyprus be independent, not part of any command. I think Alexandria should be auto-deploy 1, as Egypt was a big grain producer, and maybe Rome should be auto-decay 1, as the Capital sucked in resources from the Empire. Maybe other cities could be added. Constantinople perhaps?

The story is of course obvious, the previous Emperor has died leaving no clear heir and the various Generals are marshalling their legions to claim the Imperial throne. The Northern Barbarians are content to watch Rome weaken itself by infighting, biding their time, the Parthians to the east sneer at the foolish westerners but guard their borders carefully, while the dunes of the desert know that whoever wins in the end there will be only sand...

I'll look at incorporating your map next version Sebrim, I think it would add one extra territory.

edit -

Last edited: