• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

really UNAUTHORIZED and very annoying auto advance

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
reporting a bug that i first encountered a while ago in a singles game, and that was just recreated (twice in a single turn) in a rather painful way in this https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/53723 quads tourney semi final:
it appears that when you are in the process of advancing troops, the system will automatically advance a single to the next territory IF during your process of deciding how many you should advance you interact with the chat function (or maybe do anything else), and thus stops your run cold. complicated sentence i hope this made sense, but it is truly a problem imo, and i hope there will be an opportunity to address this - at least for team games this is a scenario likely to repeat, and it can totally decide a game.

Last edited:

Stormcat

Awesome Player
reporting a bug that i first encountered a while ago in a singles game, and that was just recreated (twice in a single turn) in a rather painful way in this https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/53723 quads tourney semi final:
it appears that when you are in the process of advancing troops, the system will automatically advance a single to the next territory IF during your process of deciding how many you should advance you interact with the chat function (or maybe do anything else), and thus stops your run cold. complicated sentence i hope this made sense, but it is truly a problem imo, and i hope there will be an opportunity to address this - at least for team games this is a scenario likely to repeat, and it can totally decide a game.
i've seen this happen twice to other players, and had it happen twice myself. one time it was instantaneous, so it basically gave me no choice in the matter. the other time it was when i paused to ponder how many troops i wanted to advance. and i believe it's only been since the update. the game referenced above is a semi-finals in a tournament that has lasted almost a year, and occurred on what would have been a decisive move had it gotten completed. really unfortunate for sannheten and his team