• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

REAL TIME RIOT - MC'S RT GAME NIGHT: sign up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
7d8592f629be66c2e7974c53ae2b476c.png

I'm excited to announce the first, of hopefully many, Real Time Game Nights, here at Major Command!
The event will be held on February 19th 2011;
with games commencing at 21:30 (9:30pm EST/GMT-5)

There will be real time tournaments as well as numerous rt games; all taking place at the same time! There will be both a singles & doubles "battle for the belt" style competition. The format for these competitions will be that one player (or team) starts with the belt - other players or teams challenge them for the belt, if the challenger wins.. they now hold the belt. if the belt holder wins, they proceed to another challenge for the belt.. whomever has the belt at the end of the evening is deemed the final champion and will receive an official Major Command Tournament Trophy, to be displayed on their user profile!

Aside from these specific Tournaments, there will also be a Traditional Tournament.. the winner of this also receiving a Trophy. As well, any player that participates in the Real Time Riot, will receive a "Tour of Duty" Badge, to display on their profile. (Please note, this feature is not yet implemented, however it will be in the not so distant future.)

Tournaments not your thing? No worries! Real Time Game Night is all about having fun, gaming live with your friends, and new opponents! Aside from the tournaments, we will also be hosting non-stop rt game action. Singles, Doubles, Triples, Quads.. what ever your into...

THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF:

1. ALL participants must sign up here. For Tournaments & otherwise.. if you do not, you may not be eligible for a Tour of Duty Badge.
2. ALL Games, other then 1 vs 1, will be played with 2 minute turn settings, as a means to keep the ball rolling, and the game interesting.
3. The Rules of MajCom apply to this evening as well.. do not be "THAT guy".. being that "THAT guy" could result in a site wide ban.. we're all about being confrontational in a competitive sense, but being "THAT guy" is simply not allowed.
4. This is an evening of gaming fun, however, if for any reason you are in need of a moderator, one will be available in the chat at all times to assist. Do not hesitate to seek help if it is needed.
5. YOU must be Strategist Class, to take part in this event.

Remember if you're interested, sign up now!
Stay tuned for more updates!!

-=Update 1=-
Here is the Tour of Duty ribbon and the 3 trophies that will be awarded.

9NKlN.png
v1WmA.png
oBhgE.png

eoL4b.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I am so down.

giuppi

Awesome Player
I'd love to but I'm snowboarding that night...

On a different note, am I the only one scared by ghost's new avatar? :afraid:

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I'm in, and giuppi, I don't know about scared, but I'm kinda grossed out. It's a bit much

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I'm in, and giuppi, I don't know about scared, but I'm kinda grossed out. It's a bit much

why is it a bit much? anatomy scares you? or is it the fact it's a heart?

no worries giuppi.. you can catch the next one! :)

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Golly, whoever thought of a "Battle for the Belt" competition must be very handsome and intelligent.

Count me in!

Kjell

Awesome Player
I think it's 4:30 am here when it starts. Shame I'm an old man now and go to bed too early to play risk at that hour.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I think it's 4:30 am here when it starts. Shame I'm an old man now and go to bed too early to play risk at that hour.

aww, well.. it goes on until nobody wants to play anymore... sign up just for rt games, and you still get a cool badge if you make it on for an rt game with your morning cuppa. ;) or don't.. and we'll have another one soon enough! :)

Kjell

Awesome Player
Hehe alright, sign me up then. Can't promise anything though but if there's games going on and I'm not too hungover when I wake up I'll join.

Status
Not open for further replies.