• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Private games

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
I'm new and haven't actually made a move yet, but...

Even though the site is still in beta, I think that adding an option to create private, password protected games would help to drive people into the site. For instance, i have no problem with playing against and with unknown people on the internet, but I doubt I could get, say, my uncle and dad to randomly join the site, but I'm sure that I could invite them to a private game and get them to at least play once, hopefully more.

On a side note, man would I love to join up in 3 more games right now, but I'm swamped in a soup of MYSQL and PHP all week. :afraid:

giuppi

Awesome Player
Yeah, private games it's a great idea, and guess what? It is already there.
When you start a game, select Password in the Privacy field and pick a password of your choice. Then from the very same page invite your friends and family by adding their email addresses to the New Members field.

Welcome to MC and enjoy it!

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
Yea, it must not give you the option to start a private game until you complete a game or something. I don't have the option.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Well, you are not able to do that yet, stonebergftw, but the reason you listed is not necessarily why. To be able to make password-protected games, play in an unlimited amount of games, make real time games, you must go here, follow the directions, and post away, chief. Looks like you already have an avatar and the 4 game spots full. Just finish a game, and you'll be good to go.