• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

PPL dont attack? What to do with it?

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Dear forum,

Lately i started many 3 people games. I sometimes dont get people, its like they really just want to lose.
I'll give you an example with what i mean.

Situation
Player A: troop: 50; reenforcements: 14
Me: troops 40; reenforcements: 10
Player C: troops 80: reenforcements: 25

The situation is as followed:
- Player A is on turn, and he borders with player C and with me.
- Player A and Player C share a border accross 2 commands with player A: 8 troops, player C: 1 troop.
- Player 1 chooses to fullforce attack me and doesnt bother on breaking the command of player C.

Result:
Player A: troop: 50; reenforcements: 15
Me: troops 37; reenforcements: 7
Player C: troops 80: reenforcements: 25

Can annybody explain me why Player A chooses to do this?
I really get this alloth, its like some players really just dont dear to break up the command of the bigger player.
I know, sometimes its better just to wait and see, but this strategie is annoying me.

And when i point that out to the other person, hé just ignores it, and next round hé does exactly the same...

Can somebody please enlight me about this.
Is there a stragegie around this?
do i miss someting?
Or is it just me getting paranoide? :D

Please, share your opinion,µ

greetings,
thone

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
some people just don't get that attacking the weaker person and leaving the strong alone is NOT a winning strategy in a standard game.

as an aside, I don't like 3-person games because it always seems to end up 2 against 1.....

Restrepo

Awesome Player
If your reffering to PITMAN, He is a cadet, so the best thing for you to do is to tell him what he did wrong and to make sure he doesn't do the same mistake again. if they are high ranked people they might be schitzofrenik so go easy on them, you never know :)

And this thread is actually On-topic so it shouldn't be in "The mess".

Last edited:

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I'm not going to post anny url's :D

Its just a thing that i notice playing 3-person games.
Its going on in more then one game.

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
No, not espcecially meaning PITMAN. (did get annoyed there :D)

there are more players, even high ranked players who play like this.

I ussually point out what they did wrong (not always nicely) and if they dont get it, i mostly start assaulting them :) (witch is not the best sollution!)

but i just dont know how to react on ppl playing like this.
anny suggestions? how did you react? .... Its just so frustrating having to give away an easy win without anny decent fight :)

giuppi

Awesome Player
You are not alone, it just happened to me too. As I wrote in that one thread where Restrepo was complaining about a 3-player game where a player assaulted him instead of the other fellow just out of points consideration, this behavior here is way more annoying, because there is no logic, no rationale.
Plus, in your case as in mine, the culprit ignores invitations to communication, which is very irritating.

There is nothing you can do, irrational tactics are part of the game.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
3p games can be maddening... it's all about trying to keep the balance, while simultaneously positioning yourself to take out one of the other two people without so weakening yourself that you're easy pickings. It's actually a strikingly difficult thing to pull off correctly, so this is one of those times where you have to consider your opponent. If said opponent is a cadet with only a few games in, you'll need to keep an eye on him for play that might not be the best strategically (in a way, you kinda need to play possum, which is tough). Of course, if your opponent is someone good, then you also need to keep an eye on them, but for a completely different reason...

warneke

Awesome Player
As someone who has done it, it is because I'm playing while distracted. I'm not thinking. I'm taking my turn, watching tv, drinking a beer, chatting on google and probably on the phone and maybe cooking dinner. No joke. My score reflects this. They're not attacking you out of some grand plan. They're attacking you because during the 1 to 2 seconds that they spent deciding what to do, they decided going after you is the plan, however (in)advisable. Don't overthink their actions. They're a wildcard and it may turn out to be brilliant and it may turn out to be stupidest thing ever.

giuppi

Awesome Player
As someone who has done it, it is because I'm playing while distracted. I'm not thinking. I'm taking my turn, watching tv, drinking a beer, chatting on google and probably on the phone and maybe cooking dinner. No joke. My score reflects this.

Lol thank you for saying it, I'll make sure to never play with you :)

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
i won that game so there!!!!

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
looks like i won that game .. even though u think i dont know how to play ,,,

Rimbaud

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
The Duellers Society
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
When finish the game, ill tell you why =)