• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Please check the points reported when Mercenary games end.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
@-LionHeart- @Stormcat

Hi,

Can anyone who reported issues with mercenary games please check the RECORD tab on COMPLETED games to see if they are still having issues with the points that are reported when the game ENDS.

Thanks!

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter

No, the error still persists, in this game that I finished today I only eliminated 3 opponents, and at the end of the game I received a bonus from all the points of the eliminated players, and points were subtracted from all of them, when there are 2 opponents who were eliminated by other players , and they are not rewarded for it at the end of the game

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
It also happens that in the record tab the rounds of the shifts do not appear complete, I don't know if it is an error or if part of them were deleted on purpose to save space, size or time.
I would like them all to appear, since the first turns and past rounds cannot be checked, and in that specific game they are only displayed from round 12.
It is a great pleasure to be able to see them all, since they serve as observation, study and strategy in the game.
This happens in all game modes, not just mercenary.
Please fix it as soon as possible.
thanks for everything

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

No, the error still persists, in this game that I finished today I only eliminated 3 opponents, and at the end of the game I received a bonus from all the points of the eliminated players, and points were subtracted from all of them, when there are 2 opponents who were eliminated by other players , and they are not rewarded for it at the end of the game

Yeah, I can see how that might be confusing since the final record tab does not state everything that happened during the game. However, if you did receive the points for defeating all the players, then you would have received 223 points in the end, not the 141 which was listed in the record tab.

(1225+2995+2127+1558+1225) / (1225) * 30 = 223 points for defeating all the players

Since you got 141 points (not 223), then it indicates that some points went to other players. The points for eliminating those other 2 opponents you mentioned probably went to the players who eliminated them. However, if those players won slightly fewer points than they lost to you, then their final score would be negative, and it would seem that you won them all.... though you didn't.

Bottom line: It seems to add up, though we do need a more verbose way reporting the final points so this confusion doesn't persist.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
It also happens that in the record tab the rounds of the shifts do not appear complete, I don't know if it is an error or if part of them were deleted on purpose to save space, size or time.
I would like them all to appear, since the first turns and past rounds cannot be checked, and in that specific game they are only displayed from round 12.
It is a great pleasure to be able to see them all, since they serve as observation, study and strategy in the game.
This happens in all game modes, not just mercenary.
Please fix it as soon as possible.
thanks for everything

Yeah that was on purpose because it turned out that if the record tab or chat got too long, then it would take forever for the game page to load. So as a quick fix we limited the record log to the last 3 rounds (or something like that). We need to eventually add lazy loading to the record tab which reveals the data as the player scrolls. that would be the proper fix, and then we will be able to display the entire log. But until then, the incomplete log is the best we can do. we have other things in front of that at the moment first.

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Yeah, I can see how that might be confusing since the final record tab does not state everything that happened during the game. However, if you did receive the points for defeating all the players, then you would have received 223 points in the end, not the 141 which was listed in the record tab.

(1225+2995+2127+1558+1225) / (1225) * 30 = 223 points for defeating all the players

Since you got 141 points (not 223), then it indicates that some points went to other players. The points for eliminating those other 2 opponents you mentioned probably went to the players who eliminated them. However, if those players won slightly fewer points than they lost to you, then their final score would be negative, and it would seem that you won them all.... though you didn't.

Bottom line: It seems to add up, though we do need a more verbose way reporting the final points so this confusion doesn't persist.

The sum of the points that all the other players lost corresponds to my total bonus, when I did not eliminate 2 of them, and the bonus that is granted to those who eliminated the other 2 opponents should also be notified, something is not fits:
Ironduke studiocity maldoon tonymans chrisxander921
40 + 38 + 21 + 30 + 12 = 141

It seems that only the player who is the only one at the end of the game is rewarded with the total of the points that the other players lost, as happens in the Standard mode, which, however, here should not be
I think that the bonus that corresponds to their level rank and status to the players among them, who eliminated the other 2 opponents that I did not eliminate, is also added to me, is the only difference there is with the Standard mode.
This keeps happening in every Mercenary game I've ever finished.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
For Example.

5 players: Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D, Player E.

Player A eliminates player B = Player A wins +15 ; Player B loses -15
Player C eliminates player D = Player C wins +18 ; Player D loses -18
Player E eliminates player A = Player E wins +20 ; Player A loses -20
Player E eliminates player C = Player E wins +25 ; Player C loses -25.

Final Total:

Player A : loses -5 points
Player B : loses -15 points
Player C : loses -7 points
Player D : loses -18 points
=================
Player E : wins + 45 points.