• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Photoshop Battle: Vikings

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
come on bado, this battle needs you to pull it together.

mapguy

Awesome Player
come on bado, this battle needs you to pull it together.

You got to be kidding. The map that I made from ghosts girl is the most imaginative and superior graphics so far. The red that I put on the sample was to show how I made the map. Maybe you guys failed to see it.

Last edited:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
You got to be kidding. The map that I made from ghosts girl is the most imaginative and superior graphics so far. The red that I put on the sample was to show how I made the map. Maybe you guys failed to see it.

well.. if we did fail to see it.. that's got to tell you that whatever you were trying to achieve failed.
that was not even art... it was.. you butchering art. :/

what did my artwork ever do to you?

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
ghost, as I said, yours was nice, but didn't fit the viking theme. Dirty girl.

mapguy - i get what you did, flipped ghosts and made it a mask with some bright red color overlay, and i see the map, but it doesn't do it for me. The little boat in the corner doesn't make it viking to me either.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
RJ.. perhaps our opinions on what should be deemed 'dirty' differ. i do not see a 'dirty girl' at all... i do see some bad ass viking gear horns though. and i see a steampunk BG... which was pulling from mapguys previous post. to be honest.. that girl was quite tame compared to some of my other artworks that have more time/effort/thought put into them.

what mapguy attempted.. sucked.
there's no nice way of saying that.. it was crap.

the whole point of a layer battle mapguy is to challenge yourself.
step out of your comfort zone, play with photoshop.. get your feet wet.

what you're doing.. barely skims the surface.

mapguy

Awesome Player
You think that this sucks ?
Vikingmap1.png

mapguy

Awesome Player
RJ.. perhaps our opinions on what should be deemed 'dirty' differ. i do not see a 'dirty girl' at all... i do see some bad ass viking gear horns though. and i see a steampunk BG... which was pulling from mapguys previous post. to be honest.. that girl was quite tame compared to some of my other artworks that have more time/effort/thought put into them.

what mapguy attempted.. sucked.
there's no nice way of saying that.. it was crap.

the whole point of a layer battle mapguy is to challenge yourself.
step out of your comfort zone, play with photoshop.. get your feet wet.

what you're doing.. barely skims the surface.

ghosty, I can not believe that you said that to me. Every one of my submissions have been unique in style from one another. Yours on the other hand are all the same, both in style and subject. I see a pretty cool treatment, but it is the same thing on everything that you have submitted. I would toss your words back at you. Challenge yourself, step out of your comfort zone. Play around with photoshop. See if you can make something cool, without resorting to the splashes of color mixed with smoke.

Last edited:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
e391c0cbfa4ac431d85684d7966964fa.png

if you wanted to get fancy, you could add territories, and terrain ghosted into the girl...
but i don't have time to show you how something is done anymore tonight mapguy. ;)

yes, yours sucked.

i told you to step out of your comfort zone.. because, quite honestly.. you have no real skill. from what i've seen here. yes, this is a layer battle.. but even in other images you've posted i've seen very little real skill. i can create on several plateau's.. and in several genres... i choose/chose to create in this style for this battle.. because it's quick.. and easier.

realistically... a layer battle is performed by people that know what they're doing.
my suggestion... check out some photoshop tutorials.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
that said, i'm eagerly anticipating Bado's next submission!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I think the problem here mapguy is that people thing your submission is the one with the red and the girl, when i think your submission is the map. Thats what I thought, you just flipped ghost image on the side and threw some red in there, which is lame. I had no idea your map was the real submission until a few minutes ago. Some explanation would have been very helpful there.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
so what the hell 'is' his submission...
you made that map.. how?

no offense, but i've seen some of your other maps...
and this looks nothing like them.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
oh shit - it's the map! well that is cool and definitely more creative than I thought. I thought you found a map and masked out the girl. I guess you made the map from the girl!

asunder

Awesome Player
so what the hell 'is' his submission...
you made that map.. how?

no offense, but i've seen some of your other maps...
and this looks nothing like them.

i think the map was already "made" it looks liek some random stock.. and he wouldve had to mask out the shape of ghosts viking girl initially.. and then cut the borders on the pre-made map to match. unless he did actually draw this map from scratch?

i agree with bado, a much more clear process explanation wouldve been good : )

this battle is intense!!

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
i think the map was already "made" it looks liek some random stock.. and he wouldve had to mask out the shape of ghosts viking girl initially.. and then cut the borders on the pre-made map to match. unless he did actually draw this map from scratch?

i agree with bado, a much more clear process explanation wouldve been good : )

this battle is intense!!

exactly... just because he scanned the stock himself, that hardly makes it 'his' art.
and if by some chance i am wrong, and he created that 'other' map himself... then, i am surely surprised.
and must assume it was created not in an art program.. because it's far too pixelated and unclear to be digitally created.

asunder

Awesome Player
exactly... just because he scanned the stock himself, that hardly makes it 'his' art.
and if by some chance i am wrong, and he created that 'other' map himself... then, i am surely surprised.
and must assume it was created not in an art program.. because it's far too pixelated and unclear to be digitally created.

lol.. its like taking a shirt by a designer, cutting out a hole in it and being like, "i made this". lol
no its still that designers shirt, it just has a hole in it now.. get your own shirt, or atleast give credit to the designer! ; ) (who will likely be pissed that their shirt now has a hole in it)

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
lol.. its like taking a shirt by a designer, cutting out a hole in it and being like, i made this. lol
no its still that designers shirt, it just has a hole in it now.. get your own shirt, or atleast give credit to the designer! ; ) (who will likely be pissed that their shirt now has a hole in it)

but in this case, the designer is likely dead and buried somewhere...
so he can't even tell him to get his own "shirt". lol.

asunder

Awesome Player
but in this case, the designer is likely dead and buried somewhere...
so he can't even tell him to get his own "shirt". lol.

lmao. poor dead people.. with no afterlife copyright protection. with alive ppl running amok. hehe.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
right.. it's like Manet, trying to say a painting by Monet is his.. because he made the 'o' in his name an 'a'.

asunder

Awesome Player
right.. it's like Manet, trying to say a painting by Monet is his.. because he made the 'o' in his name an 'a'.

There are many important aspects to photoshop design.. i find trying to being clever/tricky can come across sloppy initially.. atleast until the artist is well rehearsed and really has their own hand/personal touch on it : )