• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Photoshop Battle: Movie Poster Madness

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
3d94d145e99c1cb8c53f403099ef361c.png

i used a cityscape in my background, that's what i pulled from Bado's...
ps. i used asunder as my model. :p

asunder

Awesome Player
3d94d145e99c1cb8c53f403099ef361c.png

i used a cityscape in my background, that's what i pulled from Bado's...
ps. i used asunder as my model. :p

so awesome, babe. you made me look so much better than i actually am : )
this def looks like authentic movie poster!

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
very nice. Now I need to think.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Sullen! It's one of those words that when you say i t enough it loses all meaning. But great poster and excellent background and tieing it all in. Are they all going to be horror films?

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Sullen! It's one of those words that when you say i t enough it loses all meaning. But great poster and excellent background and tieing it all in. Are they all going to be horror films?

it is my 'thing'... lol.
maybe i'll make a elf-esque one. :p

ashr

Awesome Player
OK. I don't use photoshop, and am not a designer, but I can't let this moment pass. this is the 2nd one, it's totally fkng rocking.

So, anyone who wants to help with a new project:

New Account Info |
+===================================+
| Domain: fotoshopbattle.com
| Ip: 69.39.86.130 (n)
| HasCgi: y
| UserName: ***HIDDEN***
| PassWord: ***HIDDEN***
| CpanelMod: x3
| HomeRoot: /home
| Quota: 250 Meg
| NameServer1: ns1.a2webhosting.com
| NameServer2: ns2.a2webhosting.com
| NameServer3:
| NameServer4:
| Contact Email: [email protected]
| Package: raiteria_250Mb
| Feature List: default
| Language: en

Let me know, I think it will be easy peasy to drop in some User Management (simple profile, less than even is here, add FB connect for most stuff)
and then use a tumblr style open commenting system with something like Askimet to prevent comment Spam.

I like the enforcement of rules, and maybe we can get Adobe to provide a judge. I have some pretty decent contacts there.
Anyway, I have the domain, and will try to get some wireframes done from one of my designers if anyone wants to help.

In the meantime if anyone is inspired to create a single image that I can use a place holder until I build the site, it would be welcome.

Y'all all are invited to participate. Not expecting to make any money, but will use GAds to pay for the Hosting costs.

Keep Battlin'

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Well, I might be out the cost of a domain name :)

http://www.layertennis.com/ somebody first'd me on this...not sure if I still want to do it...I have to ruminate.

sweetie, there are several photoshop tennis sites out there. i first played ps tennis on a site called DigiKitten Universe.. it closed shop awhile ago.. but honestly, this whole layer battle stuff has been going on for many, many years. :p

ashr

Awesome Player
Yeah, I'm definately not moving forward at this point with fotoshopbattle.com anyone want the domain for free?

http://layertennis.com/100416/01.php

this is way too cool to even think of doing a community based version...it might could work, but I'd rather spend my time watching the archive footage :)

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
lol... well i don't want it! :p

but if you change your mind and still want my help, let me know...

whose up next, WM.. i can't wait to see what he posts.

Last edited:

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Well just to let everyoen know, I am already forfeiting this round. I have vacation Bible School at church tonight and tomorrow, my wife is leaving for a 4 day trip and I am home with the kids. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and a long meeting after work as well. I did not even have an actual lunch today at work.

Needless to say, I will not have time to even start an idea much less get a final submission done.
So Mr Benn is up.

EDIT: I just read your post ghost. Sorry I can do anything. If I can have a couple more days then OK but with all that is going on my time is really thin. Especially since I need to get my map done too. I was planning on spending all my free time finishing up that this weekend. So I will try to get back into this in Round 3.

Last edited:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Well just to let everyoen know, I am already forfeiting this round. I have vacation Bible School at church tonight and tomorrow, my wife is leaving for a 4 day trip and I am home with the kids. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and a long meeting after work as well. I did not even have an actual lunch today at work.

Needless to say, I will not have time to even start an idea much less get a final submission done.
So Mr Benn is up.

EDIT: I just read your post ghost. Sorry I can do anything. If I can have a couple more days then OK but with all that is going on my time is really thin. Especially since I need to get my map done too. I was planning on spending all my free time finishing up that this weekend. So I will try to get back into this in Round 3.

Bado took an extra day, i don't see why you can't do the same if need be...
if it's going to be longer though, we'll catch up with you in round 3. :)

don't you hate it when real life takes control... sucks.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
It will be longer than 1 day. I don't have any free time until later Friday night.
Sometimes it may seem like it sucks when real life takes over but after all it is real life and more important.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
It will be longer than 1 day. I don't have any free time until later Friday night.
Sometimes it may seem like it sucks when real life takes over but after all it is real life and more important.

oh, of course it's more important.. i just mean generally, it sucks when something cool is happening online, but real life takes you out of the online 'game'.. no worries, you can meet up with us in Round 3, and blow us all away! it will probably be Friday by the time we get there, so long as Mr. B and Bado don't take forever. :p

MrBenn

Awesome Player
I've spent the last couple of evenings/nights doing DIY... last night I was painting the spare room, and tonight I've been laying a new hearth. Tomorrow night I've got to do a second coat of paint in the spare room.... Once that's done, I should be able to play around with photoshop a little, but intend on using the full 48hrs available to me :p

ashr

Awesome Player
I have vacation Bible School at church tonight and tomorrow, my wife is leaving for a 4 day trip and I am home with the kids. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and a long meeting after work as well. I did not even have an actual lunch today at work.

This bible school, work, eating lunch talk is coming from a man who has Ghostr Rider's flaming skull as an avatar. The world is a many splendored thing.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
your hearth better not cost us a third round submit from WidowMakers, so help me god Mr.Benn, you will be in sooo much trouble. ;P

i can't wait to see where whoever, goes with it. :)

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
This bible school, work, eating lunch talk is coming from a man who has Ghostr Rider's flaming skull as an avatar. The world is a many splendored thing.

So just because i am a Christian means I can't have a ghost rider skull avatar? And what does that have to do with mean eating or working? lol