• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Peloponnesian War Map

OneEyed

Awesome Player
ancient Greece are also Peloponnesian wars map.
here is my map about this theme. gameplay is maybe complex, no problem to do it easier.

hellenicwars03.png

OneEyed

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Moved this post to it's own thread as I think it has a lot of merit and looks to have some very interesting game play ideas. I believe that Capitol victory condition is something that was on the to-do list, but hasn't been done yet.

Here are some additional thoughts on what I know about the gameplay mechanics (anyone can correct me if I'm mistaken):

Hold your Capital etc.
This victory condition as well as predetermined starting positions are not currently available.

+1 for each 2 regions of enemy league
I'm not sure this can be currently be done
-1 for each 3 regions without their Capitals of the same league
Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but seems like it would be the same as above.

Capital: +1 autodeploy
+1 with 3 of its regions
+2 with 4 of its regions
Makes sense, I think it can be done.

Independent regions +1 for each
This could either be autodeployed onto that region or just a regular +1
Lost 1 army per turn
Not sure I understand. This combined with the above, do you mean the army in the field decays at -1 per turn, but you get +1 deploy? So it's kind of like a free redeployment? Interesting, if I understand it correctly.

No bonus per region number
Not sure if this is changeable. You mean you don't get 3 armies for 1-11 terts, 4 armies for 12-14, etc. etc.? Only armies for capitals and other stuff?

Fleet: lost one army per turn
Autodecay. Yes. Cool.
Fleet: Assault and bombard
Should be doable. See the Mars and 12 Domains maps for how we do bombard vs. assault. I was going to say that assault makes more sense in same sea and bombard adjacent; but, now that I think about it, they didn't bombard anything though. They rammed each other with triremes or boarded and captured. I think. So I'd probably let each fleet attack the ports in their "sea" and then create connections to border fleets in adjacent "seas".

OneEyed

Awesome Player
Moved this post to it's own thread as I think it has a lot of merit and looks to have some very interesting game play ideas. I believe that Capitol victory condition is something that was on the to-do list, but hasn't been done yet.

thanks.
Here are some additional thoughts on what I know about the gameplay mechanics (anyone can correct me if I'm mistaken):

Hold your Capital etc.
This victory condition as well as predetermined starting positions are not currently available.

ok. I do not know game mechanics in MajorCommand.
I'm not sure this can be currently be done

then maybe this could works:
Capital
-1 for each 3 regions without their Capitals of the same league
Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but seems like it would be the same as above.

yes looks a little alogical :). forgot this.
Capital: +1 autodeploy
+1 with 3 of its regions
+2 with 4 of its regions
Makes sense, I think it can be done.

fine.
Independent regions +1 for each
This could either be autodeployed onto that region or just a regular +1
Lost 1 army per turn
Not sure I understand. This combined with the above, do you mean the army in the field decays at -1 per turn, but you get +1 deploy? So it's kind of like a free redeployment? Interesting, if I understand it correctly.

Independent regions
+1 for each (no autodeploy, normal bonus)
-1 autodecay each turn
my bad wording, english is my second (rather third) language.
No bonus per region number
Not sure if this is changeable. You mean you don't get 3 armies for 1-11 terts, 4 armies for 12-14, etc. etc.? Only armies for capitals and other stuff?

you get 3 armies at the start. and when you will not hold any command (capitals and other stuff) you will get 3 armies even you hold 20 regions.
Fleet: lost one army per turn
Autodecay. Yes. Cool.
Fleet: Assault and bombard
Should be doable. See the Mars and 12 Domains maps for how we do bombard vs. assault. I was going to say that assault makes more sense in same sea and bombard adjacent; but, now that I think about it, they didn't bombard anything though. They rammed each other with triremes or boarded and captured. I think. So I'd probably let each fleet attack the ports in their "sea" and then create connections to border fleets in adjacent "seas".

well, to allow fleet attacks all ports in the same sea make game more open.
fleet attacks fleet of the same league in adjacent sea is for moving between seas. its just like sea routes, therefore the fleets must be from the same league.
bombardment fleet of enemy league in the same sea shows sea operation during war. if I will do that fleet can attacks all ports in the same sea, then it is not needed to attack enemy fleet in the same sea, I think.

one notice, this map could be much more better. I made it with some size limitations. also legend "brief" takes much space, but as I see in MC is possible to make brief outside map.

thanks for interest and your ideas.

OneEyed

OneEyed

Awesome Player
I do not know game mechanics, so what everything is possible to code?

1, is possble to have conditions for autodecay? example: regions X, Y, Z lost 1 army each turn if region A is held.
2, or code any region which annuls any bonus if held? example: regions K, L, M, N give +2. if region B is held bonus is not valid.
3, condition for negative bonus? example: -1 (not autodecay) for each region P, R, S if region C is held.

OneEyed

OneEyed

Awesome Player
guys, it is realy hard to work on gameplay when I do not know game mechanics.
is here anybody who knows it?
thanks.

OneEyed

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
guys, it is realy hard to work on gameplay when I do not know game mechanics.
is here anybody who knows it?
thanks.

OneEyed

PM Shepard, he is the only one that knows all that.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Gut instinct tells me to be wary of this as the guy shows up out of the blue with a decent map that looks like it came from CC.
Well, the rest of the MajCom mapmakers came from Conk, so it's not automatically a bad thing. [wink]

My first instinct was that this was qwert, since that's who made the Conk Pelop War map and his English was similar, but one is Serbian and one is Slovakian, so I'll cut this guy some slack.

As for game mechanics, here's the thing. Right now our game engine is fairly limited. Some of the things called for on this map we can do, some we can't. For example, we currently can't have a -1 for holding three regions without their capital, and I don't see any way to code an "enemy league" - though I may be reading this wrong. There's a conditional auto-decay in Africa, but I believe there's something wonky about it. And our code for a victory condition, which was supposed to be a part of the middle east map, never worked right.

That said, the plan for the current recode is to make the game engine more dynamic and add rules. It's still months (so far as i know) away from completion, and we don't intend to complete any maps before the game engine is fixed, so I'd say if there's something that would make for a bad-ass map go ahead and plan it up. When it comes time to writing new rules, if there's a need for a victory condition rule (there is) or a rule that marks certain territory as a player's enemy territory, we can make it a part of the site.

To sum up, since we're re-writing the rules anyway nobody should feel confined by the current rules. Be creative.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I posted here a few days ago, but it never updated the entry in the forum. So, bump?

OneEyed

Awesome Player
I posted here a few days ago, but it never updated the entry in the forum. So, bump?

I can not see any your post here. or another way Ido nit understand you, sorry.

OneEyed

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hi OneEyed,

That looks like a nice map. Did you create it yourself? Is it being used anywhere else at the moment? Like on another site?

OneEyed

Awesome Player
if there is bonus: "Capital, +1 for every 2 regions".
so when I hold 1 capital and 5 regions I get +2.
but when I will have 2 capitals and 5 regions will I get still +2 or +4?

OneEyed

OneEyed

Awesome Player
its pity that there is no thread with gameplay possibilities or that nobody answers here...
ok, here is new version. I work on Brief now. or could be Brief added direct to map?

pelo_1.png

OneEyed

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Hi OneEyed! this looks interesting!

Remember, each territory needs to have the space for a troop container (32 x 16 px) as well as for a name, so some of them terts might need a bit of enlargement :)

The gameplay possibilities, as I understand, are limited to:

a) command: hold territory A+B+C = +x troops
b) autodeploy: hold territory A = +1 (or 2 or 3) per turn on that territory
c) autodecay: hold territory A = -1 (or 2 or 3) per turn on that territory
d) revert: territory A reverts to neutral (x) after each turn
e) gain: hold territory A (and B) = territory C is yours at beginning of turn with x troops

Moreover, the attack routes do not need to be adjacent. If attack ways are one-way, then you cannot transfer trooops along them (= bombard)

I don't think there currently are more options available. However, as everybody here's saying, the site is underghoing major renewal, which might change all that and take your suggestions into account for the recode.

Keep up the good work!

The Brief is completely separate from the main map. You might incorporate parts of it into the map, though.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Hey Sebrim I am not sure your point about the one way attacks is accurate because of the nuke map. Plus I am liking the map OneEyed.

I looked through the Artists And Developers Of Majorcommand Maps forum and there was info on what is possible. Found something about it, but it was outdated though. So we pretty much need Shep to tell us what is and what isn't capable of being done.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
its pity that there is no thread with gameplay possibilities or that nobody answers here...

I think the reason you haven't gotten the definitive answers you are looking for is because the three primary map-makers are on somewhat of a hiatus (taking a break) until the recode gets done. I tried to answer some of the questions, but I answered as a player and not a mapmapker. I don't know 100% of the answers.

Here's the response that Shepherd made a bit ago that got lost in the shuffle:

Shepherd said:
As for game mechanics, here's the thing. Right now our game engine is fairly limited. Some of the things called for on this map we can do, some we can't. For example, we currently can't have a -1 for holding three regions without their capital, and I don't see any way to code an "enemy league" - though I may be reading this wrong. There's a conditional auto-decay in Africa, but I believe there's something wonky about it. And our code for a victory condition, which was supposed to be a part of the middle east map, never worked right.

That said, the plan for the current recode is to make the game engine more dynamic and add rules. It's still months (so far as i know) away from completion, and we don't intend to complete any maps before the game engine is fixed, so I'd say if there's something that would make for a bad-ass map go ahead and plan it up. When it comes time to writing new rules, if there's a need for a victory condition rule (there is) or a rule that marks certain territory as a player's enemy territory, we can make it a part of the site.

To sum up, since we're re-writing the rules anyway nobody should feel confined by the current rules. Be creative.

So, I'd say don't be discouraged if things aren't happening quickly, and like Shepherd said, don't feel constrained by the current rule set. Just keep working up what you would like to see for your map. Have some folks here who are willing help you refine the language in describing everything. Your English is very very good, but there are still a few things that were confusing to me the first time through. Once you get to the point where you have a "complete" proposal, then we will have to wait until the actual map making process is defined and you can start creating a testable map.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
The map looks very promising Oneeyed! Keep at it. I'm not fully versed in my map mechanics either but I'll try to answer your question anyway:

if there is bonus: "Capital, +1 for every 2 regions".
so when I hold 1 capital and 5 regions I get +2.
but when I will have 2 capitals and 5 regions will I get still +2 or +4?

Ok so the 12 domains map tells me that it's possible to get autodeploys on a capital for holding certain regions, that goes up by the number you hold. So yes, it would be +2 on each capital for 5 regions, or you could tie certain regions to certain capitals and do it that way.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
If attack ways are one-way, then you cannot transfer trooops along them (= bombard)

I don't believe that this is correct. You can do one-way attacks and transfer troops on the Africa map, you can also do reinforcements 'backwards' on that map.

OneEyed

Awesome Player
at the first thanks to everybody for support, advices and kind words.
the map showed here needs a lot of work, I showed it to let you know I do not sleep, I work on it :)

Sebrim, are you sure about size of troops container? it is not 26 x 13?

fortunately I can read Shepherds post (thanks Chilly that you found it).

Shepherd, codding "enemy" region is not needed. it is just another command, as you have in The Twelve Domain map codded "Castle +1 for each region controlled within its domain" (where you need define which regions belong to which castle/domain), then you code "Athens +1 for every 2 controlled regions of Peloponnesian league" (and then define "not enemy regions" but regions which give bonus to Athens).

Chilly, my english is realy not so good :). so just to be sure, I understand Shepherds and yours words that no new map will be finished to the time when new rules will valid? even when I change gameplay and will use just current rules?

ones more thanks to everybody for interest.

OneEyed

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
This map indeed looks very promising. As the others said: don't be discouraged.