• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Number of games that a player can start at a given time...

How many games should a player be able to start?

• Total voters

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Something has to be done about the number of games people can start. I think it should be decided by the players, not by admin...
I'm throwing up an unofficial poll.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I'd like to see a 5 or max of 10 games started a day and a max of 25 games started in the past 7 days? or a max of 10 awaiting games in total? something along those lines.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well since someone talked to the 'offender' and he agreed to stop, I'd say this is, at least for the time being, a solution in search of a problem. Once the rest of the site (points, tourneys, scoreboard) gets up and running, this would be worth taking up again.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Well since someone talked to the 'offender' and he agreed to stop, I'd say this is, at least for the time being, a solution in search of a problem. Once the rest of the site (points, tourneys, scoreboard) gets up and running, this would be worth taking up again.
Thanks cards. Can he maybe drop 40 or 50 games that he's in alone?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
A potential, and more detrimental in my view, drawback to a player launching masses of new games ... is that they can have so many active games on the go that they take close to the 24 hour limit to getting around to taking their turn.

To me, that is a better reason "not" to open too many new games ... it hinders a players ability to a take their turns in a timely manner, in the games they already have open and active.

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Does anyone know how many games can be visible on the casual games tab.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Does anyone know how many games can be visible on the casual games tab.
It was 200....but that may have changed since the update.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Can't be 100, braveheart1 has 100 started...
bilsi is it possible that you see more games than i do bc u are a moderator?
i'm talking about the number i can see/scroll. 100 to bottom of page. i counted :)
i know there are a lot more games, but not visible to me, which was kind of my point, that lots of us started games that, unless someone uses the filters to search (ty peri, great tip!), they won't see. so those games are going to be waiting till eternity to fill, bc they got pushed down beyond the 100 easily visible games. i was hoping maybe braveheart could click on his awaiting games tab and delete some, but i do see he is starting fewer now (ty braveheart!) and i am seeing more new games other players are starting, so we're making progress-i hope

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
bilsi is it possible that you see more games than i do bc u are a moderator?
i'm talking about the number i can see/scroll. 100 to bottom of page. i counted :)
i know there are a lot more games, but not visible to me, which was kind of my point, that lots of us started games that, unless someone uses the filters to search (ty peri, great tip!), they won't see. so those games are going to be waiting till eternity to fill, bc they got pushed down beyond the 100 easily visible games. i was hoping maybe braveheart could click on his awaiting games tab and delete some, but i do see he is starting fewer now (ty braveheart!) and i am seeing more new games other players are starting, so we're making progress-i hope
Unfortunately, by leaving a game, it won't make it disappear (at least it didn't used to). It would just sit there with no players.

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Is there a way to have to game just generate preset games? Simple, generic games that either a new player will not be overwhelmed by, or just a casual person not looking for any specific challenge to play. I remember it used to do this for the "real time" games. Believe they called them "featured". It at least keeps a consistent game play available for players, and may remedy a little this ongoing grudge against too many games started.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Is there a way to have to game just generate preset games? Simple, generic games that either a new player will not be overwhelmed by, or just a casual person not looking for any specific challenge to play. I remember it used to do this for the "real time" games. Believe they called them "featured". It at least keeps a consistent game play available for players, and may remedy a little this ongoing grudge against too many games started.
Don't understand...

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
@chefsmitty was referring to those games that was automatically created by the system in real time. There was always a classic game and a 12d game that people can always jump into. I believe that is on our very long to do list.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
@chefsmitty was referring to those games that was automatically created by the system in real time. There was always a classic game and a 12d game that people can always jump into. I believe that is on our very long to do list.
I remember them now...

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
the issue of limiting the number of games a person can start is a 'wish list' thing for some future date.

I would like to see the subscription, 'pay to play', reactivated. The free level allowed a max of 4 active games. Perhaps start with 6 active games for a 3 month trial and then drop that back to 4 after the trial ends.

I would not be opposed to seeing the silver 'pay to play' level have a max of 8 to 12 active games.

The game is, in my opinion, far enough along to justify reintroducing the 'pay to play'.

The upside would be that some of the generated revenues could be used to help speed up the development process.