• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Number of games limit.

elfword

Awesome Player
If a user is playing turns in at least one game (or via some other way of guaging their activity post-joining), could you increase the number of games they can join? It sucks to not know that there's a limit to the number of games you can join, then join mostly 8-12 player games that are going to take forever.

bstew

Awesome Player
Per Robinette's suggestion I have made an avatar. Whether or not that qualifies me for an upgrade or not is up to Badorties I suppose :) I'm enjoying the site a ton regardless.

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Per Robinette's suggestion I have made an avatar. Whether or not that qualifies me for an upgrade or not is up to Badorties I suppose :) I'm enjoying the site a ton regardless.

done!

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
done!

Upvote 0

surfershane8

Awesome Player
I need an update. I play private games nightly with my friends and now I have 4 games. I didnt know that was the limit and now I cant play tonight without an upgrade

Upvote 0

ashr

Awesome Player
\\Bado, I guess we've found one way of tying user engagement workflow (getting users to add stuff to their profile, or later to connect to other services, etc) the carrot is escalite'ing features. 2 game limit until you've added a photo, or avatar, 4 game limit until you made some friends. or invited someone, etc etc etc. then subscriptions to be able to host games. etc etc. then, "micro payments" ?

Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I need an update. I play private games nightly with my friends and now I have 4 games. I didnt know that was the limit and now I cant play tonight without an upgrade

Report back once you have added an avatar...

Upvote 0

PointSpecial

Awesome Player
<--- avatar Can I get an update as well?

Btw, is there an "invite" button anywhere? I've got some people I want to send the link to, but short of simply sending them a link (or sending a link of the wallstats post which is where I found out about it myself!)

Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Robinette: Chief Avatar Supervisor

heheee...

and based on the events of the day,
i think incan needs a new avatar to commemorate reaching the same rank as master sergeant Bilco!

philsilvers.jpg

oh my,,, where are my manners...

thank you to surfershane8 and PointSpecial for adding their persona in the form of avatars...
i hereby APPROVE your upgrade and have forwarded the necessary application (in triplicate) to the bureau of avatar upgrades...
please be patient while your application is being reviewed by the Bureau of Avatar Upgrade Bureaucrats...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
done and done!

Upvote 0

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
<--- avatar Can I get an update as well?

Btw, is there an "invite" button anywhere? I've got some people I want to send the link to, but short of simply sending them a link (or sending a link of the wallstats post which is where I found out about it myself!)

When you start a game, there's a variety of invite fields at the bottom of the page, the "New Members" ones allow you to input the email addys of people you'd like to invite.

Upvote 0

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
May I please have an upgrade to allow more than 4 games? I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread; that prior post has been deleted.

Thank you.

EDIT: I have added an avatar within my "Settings" page however it doesn't seem to have migrated over to the forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrBenn

Awesome Player
EDIT: I have added an avatar within my "Settings" page however it doesn't seem to have migrated over to the forums.

I'm guessing there's a slight delay between uploading and visualisation - your avatar looks fine to me ;-)

Upvote 0

PointSpecial

Awesome Player
When you start a game, there's a variety of invite fields at the bottom of the page, the "New Members" ones allow you to input the email addys of people you'd like to invite.

Yeah, I just started my first game and I saw that. Still, it might be nice to have an "invite" button where there can be a generic message (that could be tailored for your friend) apart from inviting them to a game.

I'm a member at chess.com and they have something like this:

50ae6520cc111825f4b925661f10751b.png

I think this is a great way to invite people (especially if you have a number of friends you want to invite, but don't want to invite them all to the same game or to any game, at least initially).

Upvote 0