• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New Options for 1v1 (2 player) Games!!

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
The new rules will only work if the following text is added to the notes/tags section:

Code:
<b>NEW RULES: HALF TROOPS FOR 1ST PLAYER</b>

Adding that text to the note section will active the new 1/2 troop rules. THAT'S ALL!
Can you please put this somewhere so people are aware and know where to find it (Wiki for example)
Thanks

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Can you please put this somewhere so people are aware and know where to find it (Wiki for example)
Thanks

I like that:top::adore:

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Thanks

The programming on the site's Wiki is being updated. Will add a note in the Starting a Game section later.

Meanwhile, I stickied this post months ago, so it's at the top of the Forum page. Should be as good a reminder as any, as all TO's are Forum regulars also.

Number2

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Los Bambinos
T.O's.
I wanted to give you my feedback on the new rules. There is no question that in general, the new rules are a huge improvement over no new rules. Most of the games are MUCH more competitive than before. In my mind I divide their usefulness according to the number of regions in a map. On smaller maps where you get a deploy of 3, and under new rules it comes down to 2, the decrease of 1 troop is not nearly enough to counteract the huge advantage of starting first. Here I would try a rule such as full deploy for player 1, but no attack allowed, giving the first card to p2, and allowing p1 to defend against p2 taking regions that would make the game effectively over. Either way, taking away 1 troop from p1 is immensely inadequate in equalizing the disparity. On medium size maps, where the deploy is 4, 5, or 6 troops, the new rule works well, and goes a long way towards making games exciting and compelling.. An exception is Africa, where the landing zones make it trivial for p1 to win virtually every game. I have often held all 8 landing zones at the end of turn 1, not giving any chance to p2 to catch up. On large maps where the deploy is 7 or above, the penalty of half force is way too big, and makes most games way too easy for p2 to control the game from the first turn. I would never make p1 have move than 3 troops deducted, even on very large maps. A rule which may work for all maps is allowing p1 to deploy and not attack. it seems to me like it really could work.