• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Needed: Ability to cancel a diplomatic offer (before accepted)

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I made a diplomatic offer two days ago between Queen Mauds Land and Cape of Good Hope.

The person I offered this truce to waited until his turn, took the Cape from me and then accepted the truce. So he was able to invade to the interior of Africa, take my bonus and now I can't retaliate because of the truce.

I would suggest one or both of the following:

1) If both parties no longer still own both territories, a truce can not be accepted between them.
2) An option on the diplomatic tab to cancel a truce offer that has not yet been accepted.

Thanks!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
agreed, if players do not own the regions, the diplo should not be in affect.

Borgified

Awesome Player
I made a diplomatic offer two days ago between Queen Mauds Land and Cape of Good Hope.

The person I offered this truce to waited until his turn, took the Cape from me and then accepted the truce. So he was able to invade to the interior of Africa, take my bonus and now I can't retaliate because of the truce.

I would suggest one or both of the following:

1) If both parties no longer still own both territories, a truce can not be accepted between them.
2) An option on the diplomatic tab to cancel a truce offer that has not yet been accepted.
Thanks!
wow, that was sneaky of them, who was the player?

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
wow, that was sneaky of them, who was the player?

Bitglory. Game #749. But it doesn't matter. It's now a three person game and he was so hell-bent on crushing me that he has allowed Blue to grow out of control and we will both die shortly.

@Badorties: I also think my option 2 would be good. You could offer a truce and the way it stands, the battlefield could evolve before they make a decision. I think an option to cancel a diplomatic "offer" should be implemented. :)

Thanks for the responses.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
What I submitted was that diplos where the people don't own the regions are invalid and diplo requests are invalid after a full round. so if you send a diplo request, and the player doesnt yes or no, you have to send it again on your next turn.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Sounds reasonable. Thanks!

MrBenn

Awesome Player
What I submitted was that diplos where the people don't own the regions are invalid and diplo requests are invalid after a full round. so if you send a diplo request, and the player doesnt yes or no, you have to send it again on your next turn.

Am I right in thinking that you can make/accept offers at any point during the game, and not just during your turn? If you make diplo requests just before clicking "begin turn", then any logic that cancelled requests at the start of your turn would cancel them out. Likewise, any logic that expired a request at the end of your allies' turn would prevent them finishing their movement before engaging in diplomatic relations.

Having given it some thought, it would make most sense for any requests you have made to expire at the moment you select "begin turn". If less than 24hrs have passed between making the request, then clicking begin turn should not expire the request, unless it's the second turn you've started since making it. It would be nice if some sort of automated message appeared on the diplo screen to remind you that it has expired (with a red flash along the top of the bar as you get with a new message etc).

I'm assuming this has already been thought of though....

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Am I right in thinking that you can make/accept offers at any point during the game, and not just during your turn? If you make diplo requests just before clicking "begin turn", then any logic that cancelled requests at the start of your turn would cancel them out. Likewise, any logic that expired a request at the end of your allies' turn would prevent them finishing their movement before engaging in diplomatic relations.

Having given it some thought, it would make most sense for any requests you have made to expire at the moment you select "begin turn". If less than 24hrs have passed between making the request, then clicking begin turn should not expire the request, unless it's the second turn you've started since making it. It would be nice if some sort of automated message appeared on the diplo screen to remind you that it has expired (with a red flash along the top of the bar as you get with a new message etc).

I'm assuming this has already been thought of though....

I'd still like the option to manually cancel treaties that haven't been accepted yet. Float out 12 treaty offers and see who bites. ;-)

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I'd still like the option to manually cancel treaties that haven't been accepted yet. Float out 12 treaty offers and see who bites. ;-)

Agreed

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
well you can float out 12 treaties for one round. see who agrees than offer to extend those. the remaining expire (soon to-be feature).

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Still makes sense that there should be a cancel option before one is accepted