• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Modded exsisting maps

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
What would the thought be on proposing mods to existing maps? Things like minor tweaks to artwork, but more importantly rule changes or newly created obstacles. I have an idea for the "Classic Evolved" map that I'll detail a little more when i get to work later (for the free photoshop use)

I could see this being relatively easy for programmers to tweak the rules, therefor more maps with a relatively small amount of work.

More maps would be awesome, and this could do it fast.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Would be awesome to have some more options, it could be a great way to get the community involved more in map development, but without needing to be too good at photoshop. I like this idea a lot.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
I'm interested, what are you proposing?

SubwayatNight

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Old maps with new twists

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this idea has been posted before, but today I was thinking how fun it might be to play on some of our most popular maps with variants added in. That would save the hassle of creating whole new maps from scratch and instead we would simply freshen up some of our current maps to make them feel like new. For example, maybe start connecting more continents in Classic Evolved, e.g., Caribbean to Maghreb, Madagascar to Outback, East Indies to Mexico and/or Colombia, etc.

Maybe we could also combine concepts from some of the most popular maps. For example, take the dragons from 12 Domains and add it to a map like Sea of Japan. Instead of that neutral in the middle of the sea it could be the dragon tower and the dragons would be added to the corners of various regions. Or add the Conflict Africa paradrops to each of the continents in Classic Massive such as New England to Iran, Great Britain to Queenland, Moscow to Cuba, etc. Would be fun if we could make it historically logical like that.

Just some random thoughts to spice things up.

Subway

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
It's an interesting idea. What I'd rather see are new rules added to the game engine such as Fog Of War that would make playing of the existing maps completely new experiences. The re-code of the site seems to be progressing nicely, so perhaps new game options are in the not-too-distant future.

FYI, part of why map production is slow is the re-code. I've actually had a couple of maps in the can for a while (a long while), waiting on the game engine to catch up and rules that would make the maps playable.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yeah, FOW will make ALL the maps completely different.

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I played a site with just the original map and they had FOW which was done in a couple of ways. First way was you only saw what was next to you, so every other tert was a question mark. The other was you knew the troop numbers but not the owner of the troops. It made for some weird gameplay. That site you could also watch the round ass it progressed roll by roll so you could work out what happened if you wanted to scroll through a load of dice rolls.
It would be cool to see some scenario play too like the original. So you have a mission rather than just take the board. I guess you could play that via messaging and award the win to whoever completed their mission

:beers:

SubwayatNight

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Yeah FOW sounds awesome.

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
fog is definitely challenging , great to have some different rules on the maps already here