• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Mentorship

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Hi everyone. It's been hard waiting for the new game to start. I think it's just around the corner. I've enjoyed playing with you all. This is a great game and we have fantastic players here. I've gotten a lot of personal advice (a lot from CptSweatpants, and kenjoh (if you remember him)).
There's talk about mentorship, to help the new players...Nothing official from MC but I got the go ahead to get things rolling...
Need input from you all.
Who can be a mentor?
What qualifications does he/she require?
Let me know what you all think. Thanks...

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I've been fortunate enough to have a handful of generous MC players give me helpful tips and advice over the years, but the first person I would consider a mentor was BigShoes23 really teaching me the ins and outs of Land Rush FF. It was a map and a setting that intimidated me, but he was so patient and encouraging -- with constant communication and feedback in the chat, including taking the time to leave detailed answers and analysis. Plus he was just so nice.

Given that experience, I don't care much about rank or seniority, IMO I think qualifications should be: patient, warm/welcoming, and generous with their time and thoughts.

Tankiteasy

Banned
Awesome Player
I've been fortunate enough to have a handful of generous MC players give me helpful tips and advice over the years, but the first person I would consider a mentor was BigShoes23 really teaching me the ins and outs of Land Rush FF. It was a map and a setting that intimidated me, but he was so patient and encouraging -- with constant communication and feedback in the chat, including taking the time to leave detailed answers and analysis. Plus he was just so nice.

Given that experience, I don't care much about rank or seniority, IMO I think qualifications should be: patient, warm/welcoming, and generous with their time and thoughts.
Yes - as long as they are not a jackass.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Thanks for the input...Need more.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

I agree. Rank means nothing but I think experience does...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

Big gets my vote...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
How many mentors do we have? I suppose unlimited?

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
OK, time to re-open this topic...