• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajCom League: November 2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Oh man. There could be a massive playoff brewing for relegation in Onyx leage

Yeah, it's the same in Silver league. I was thinking about it and in cases such as this, where a play-off is not really feasable (anything more than just 2 players) then it won't come down to relegation play-offs and they won't be guaranteed relegation next season. That's not to say they won't get relegated anyway if their rank doesn't ensure their re-entry though.

So Namelochil, Linkintheory13, Markattax, Ballzdeep & Mvpoker would all definitely be moving down a division if they decided to play again next season.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
So, what you're saying is, the ones who get relegated with no playoffs move down, but other than that, it just goes by rank? When the new league starts, you fill the leagues with the highest ranking players and someone gets relegated (or not) completely depending on the ranks of who signs up? Sounds like a good plan...

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Last edited by a moderator:

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
So, what you're saying is, the ones who get relegated with no playoffs move down, but other than that, it just goes by rank? When the new league starts, you fill the leagues with the highest ranking players and someone gets relegated (or not) completely depending on the ranks of who signs up? Sounds like a good plan...

Yep, that's right. Relegation playoffs will no longer be a thing, and players will be sorted by rank as per usual when the new season begins.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I'm looking forward to seeing the stats once all the slackers finish up their games.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
You may think that this is too harsh, JSkye, but how about, if there are more people who sign up than can be put in the leagues, the 'slackers' who can't finish their games in a reasonable time frame are the first to be left out?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I do think it's a bit harsh. Especially since all it takes is one person to not play a bunch of games and a lot of people will go over the deadline through no fault of their own.

The 1 month deadline (4 weeks, 4 days to be precise) was a bit of an experiment to see if everyone could manage it in that time comfortably. Turns out they couldn't. Next season will probably be a more relaxed 6 weeks as a result.

If people go over the 6 week limit though then that's a different story.

Last edited:

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Some of it may have been slacking, but Marc and I had to start 7 damn games before we could play:
Japan, Onyx

MARC369 v DALINAR (2nd)

Name being put in gold seems a bit unfair to the gold people, but he probably deserves easier prey after the dice hell he must have been in this season. I felt my dice were bad overall too, but the competition didn't give me any breaks either :)

I found out how much luck is involved in Risk this season - I have to say that I think I was lucky last season and my real win rate is somewhere in the middle. We'll have to find out in a few more seasons.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Name being put in gold seems a bit unfair to the gold people, but he probably deserves easier prey after the dice hell he must have been in this season. I felt my dice were bad overall too, but the competition didn't give me any breaks either :)

I found out how much luck is involved in Risk this season - I have to say that I think I was lucky last season and my real win rate is somewhere in the middle. We'll have to find out in a few more seasons.

No more unfair to them than the current season when they had a visit from Chilly, and I feel for the bronze people with TB down there.....

I think the Gold league is always going to have that issue, with an ace or two coming down from Onyx every time. Basically, IMO, the site has way more than 12 "Onyx grade" players, so there's always going to be some of them down in Gold. No way around it.

As far as Namelochil goes, well, I don't expect that he'll be down in Gold very long.....

Last edited:

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Onyx League

The Philippines
BEANZ v DORCEE (1st)

Let the playoffs begin!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
I think the Gold league is always going to have that issue, with an ace or two coming down from Onyx every time. Basically, IMO, the site has way more than 12 "Onyx grade" players, so there's always going to be some of them down in Gold. No way around it.
Agreed, I was more observing than protesting. It just feels weird to me to have last season's 2nd place finisher (very nearly first) go down a league. You're right that isn't very different than Chilly moving down, I kinda was surprised he didn't do better last season.. but as got to find myself, sometimes things just don't go well.

On a separate, nice work Trailblazer! Bronze or not, a 91% win rate is really great, nice work. Sensa doing it Onyx too.. wow.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Chilly moved down last season based on his rank at the time, not because he was in the bottom 3. Since then, he's done pretty well for himself, lol.

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
On a separate, nice work Trailblazer! Bronze or not, a 91% win rate is really great, nice work. Sensa doing it Onyx too.. wow.

Thanks, it's been a real buzz to go on a run like that. And the league structure makes it more fun too with the chance to go up and down the leagues. Although, like Chilly I moved down last time based on my rank at the time, rather than due to being in the bottom 3. So I guess if someone's change in rank decrees it, it is theoretically possible that they could go up or down 2 leagues from one season to the next, irrespective of their current league placing.

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
Actually, I've just won another tournament - so could my new rank perhaps qualify me to go straight up to the gold league next season?

... I'm hoping to challenge Tyro for the first player to compete in all four leagues.

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
That is a challenge I don't really want to win!

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I think with those wings and a promotion to be taken into account you will be elevated straight to the Onyx League. Unless you lose the wings quite smartly ;-)

risk68

Awesome Player
The Borg
No more unfair to them than the current season when they had a visit from Chilly, and I feel for the bronze people with TB down there.....

As far as Namelochil goes, well, I don't expect that he'll be down in Gold very long.....

this game is all about the "drop" , luck of dice in first few rounds and experience in a particular map. skill is a "constant" factor with 80% of the players in "this" league, so no one should feel bad about records. some just have better luck...( lets just kick them out)....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.