• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajCom League: Mercenaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
For anyone still following this thread and who plans to play next season: Any preferences on map & settings? Escalate for sure but the rest? If there's a general consensus I'll probably go with it.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
I think escalate /1/path is good, more challenging than 3/path, not as crazy as 'anywhere'

I'd rather not see britain or africa in the mix - I haven't won a game on either of those maps yet, but that's just me... don't think 12 domains should be included either, don't know why... something about the slow start maybe...

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
For anyone still following this thread and who plans to play next season: Any preferences on map & settings? Escalate for sure but the rest? If there's a general consensus I'll probably go with it.

I really liked escalite this season, you have to work hard for a long time to take the win, or even individual eliminations.

With escalate and 8 players, it goes way too fast with a domino chain of eliminations. That is fine for standard, but sort of defeats the purpose of mercenary IMHO.

As far as maps go, I did like the British Isles and Africa. My only thought would be no to the 12 domains and the really small maps.

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Thanks for the great 1st round of season 2, Masterjskye.

How many games are still going before we start the next round?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
What you said about Escalite was exactly the reason I made the last one the way it was, totally with you there. I think alternating between the two will be good though as A lot of people like it and want it. The Escalate rounds will be much shorter, that's for sure!

About the maps - I agree too, no 12 domains or really small maps (duck & cover), also no Nukes, for now. Simply because it's damn complicated and a different game type almost. I'm also a fan of Britain and Africa but I don't want my own personal tastes to dominate the selection, as they inevitably have done to some degree.

EDIT: and to answer your other question, there are 2 games still going - both likely to keep going too... as it stands no one can beat Dorcee so I'll speak to my superiors about getting her rewarded. As for 2nd & 3rd, they are still up in the air until certain people either win or are eliminated from these final 2 games. I don't really want to interfere and try to bring about an abrupt end to these games, nor do I think we should all be left waiting. We can start the next one any time really.

Last edited:

chesebr3

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
I think you should just call it and decide that 2nd and third go to the players who currently hold them :)

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I bet you do!

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
...there are 2 games still going - both likely to keep going too... as it stands no one can beat Dorcee so I'll speak to my superiors about getting her rewarded. As for 2nd & 3rd, they are still up in the air until certain people either win or are eliminated from these final 2 games. I don't really want to interfere and try to bring about an abrupt end to these games, nor do I think we should all be left waiting. We can start the next one any time really.

I don't mind waiting for a while for those two games to finish up. It would be nice to see a S2 R1 scoreboard even though it is still in progress.

Thank you for hosting the league.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I think you've got it a wee bit mixed up. After season one we dropped the Rounds and just went with one self-contained tourney. so next season will be completely independent of this one. With that cleared up, you know I've been keeping a scoreboard from day 1, right? :D 2nd post, first page!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'm in, if you'll still let me, after all my bitching about the last settings. Escalate or flat rate, just no escalite. I'm in an escalite game right now in the MajCom League round VI that is in round 100, with 3 players left, I have doubts that it will EVER end. I just don't think settings that lead to marathon games are good for this type of tourney-format.

A agree that 12 domains and Nukes aren't really good for this, probably not the small maps either, (duck and mini), but all others are good, IMO

dorcee

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
I agree with what you've said about the escalate vs escalite setting, and yes, I also think the league was more exciting this way. But sometimes it just feels great to catch the right moment and kill everyone in a row with the escalate:) How about non reinforcement? Would that make the games too long?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Yeah, having experienced that very thrill of the "domino effect" in our escalate game today I certainly understand the appeal : D

I'd say no Reinforcements is certainly a viable option. All options considered.

BTW Dorcee check your mail, it's regarding your prize :marchmellow:

kerver73

Awesome Player
Generals
well,...i would prefer one reinforcement ladies and gents....in escalite we had 3 reinforcement,...in escalate we can have just one,....i don't mind the no reinforcement option,...i just prefer at least one....cheers!

kerver73

Awesome Player
Generals
Another point i would like to make,...is that in case of a tie,...an advantage should go to the player that has won most games of these 5 in the league...
i.e both players have 11 kills, the one has dominated in 3 maps should have an advantage to the one that had won 2 out of 5 games...To be honest,i would preffer that to count for the current league,but i don't think it would be fair...
Anyway,i would also preffer the final kill to count for two if it's possible,but that is just my opinion...what do you guys say about that?Don't you think in the escalate league we should take that into account in case of equal killings?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Anyway,i would also preffer the final kill to count for two if it's possible,but that is just my opinion...

I think i don't agree. The whole point of this league was to kill as many opponents as you can -- who cares about actually winning the game? :) I know i didn't. If i can kill 4 or 5 players on a map and then get killed, that's fine, still i was the best on that map. But that's just my understanding.

is that in case of a tie,...an advantage should go to the player that has won most games of these 5 in the league...

I don't know. If i'm not mistaken dorcee only won 1 out of 5 -- i really think this league is not about winning, but about bloodlust and mayhem and rampage and screaming women. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.