• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

knowing how many points you can win...

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
cool idea. It would be neat to see what everyoen is really playing for.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Yeah...

but..

This might motivate the higher ranked players to team up against the noobs to make sure they dont lose all of these potential points. And it could also motive the low-ranked players to team up against the high-ranked player(s) so they can ensure they'll get more points.

landmine

Awesome Player
If they want they do it all ready.
I have see it before,
You dont need to see how many points you will get or losed you look to the rank and you know what time it is.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
landmine, but actually seeing the potential points will be a motivating factor to do so. You are right that they have the option to do so now, but I feel that these "teaming up" scenarios will be more prevalent if these points are made known.

landmine

Awesome Player
There a a little group of high rank 2000+ they play in 6 palyers or more games,
The others they dont join beceause they are afraid lower ranks will attack them.

Dont think showing it will make any difference.
It make more funn and motivate players to win and dont go awol.

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
I don't think showing how many points you could get will really make a difference zsp. You can already calculate it, not that anyone does, but honestly it wouldn't make a difference. My understanding is that you could see what points you could potentially lose as well as what points you could potentially win, which I see no problem with.

If this causes problems for high ranked players, well perhaps that player shouldn't be ranked that high, and if you think this will cause players to choose their games more wisely (i.e. not sitting with noobs or not sitting with skilled players) then there is simply something inherently wrong with the points system, which is actually what I think already anyway.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I don't think showing how many points you could get will really make a difference zsp. You can already calculate it, not that anyone does
That's my point. No one does. So displaying the potential point loss/gain will give the players more to think about and a higher incentive to do as I said they will do before.

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
I don't think showing how many points you could get will really make a difference zsp. You can already calculate it, not that anyone does, but honestly it wouldn't make a difference. My understanding is that you could see what points you could potentially lose as well as what points you could potentially win, which I see no problem with.

If this causes problems for high ranked players, well perhaps that player shouldn't be ranked that high, and if you think this will cause players to choose their games more wisely (i.e. not sitting with noobs or not sitting with skilled players) then there is simply something inherently wrong with the points system, which is actually what I think already anyway.

mapguy

Awesome Player
That's my point. No one does. So displaying the potential point loss/gain will give the players more to think about and a higher incentive to do as I said they will do before.

zsp is right. There is no need to point this out for newbies. It is a strategy game, so just keep the kibitzing to a minimum. Let the players figure out there own strategy, without any special guidance.

T79boy

Awesome Player
quick question on the whole points topic. Does the number of points you win or lose get calculated at the beginning of your game or the end. If it is the end, there will be a big difference if your get promoted or demoted if its at the end

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
quick question on the whole points topic. Does the number of points you win or lose get calculated at the beginning of your game or the end. If it is the end, there will be a big difference if your get promoted or demoted if its at the end

It's calculated at the end. It wouldn't really be fair if you went into a long game for your first one ever, then won it a few months later at 2500 points and gained 40+ points per person, would it?

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Well it would always change based on the points you have at the moment. I guess there would be some formula based on the points you have every single day, every hour, every minute.

Still hate the idea, though.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Well it would always change based on the points you have at the moment. I guess there would be some formula based on the points you have every single day, every hour, every minute.

Still hate the idea, though.

Correct. if we did have this point view option, it would be recalculating itself every time a players score changed.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
given the complexity, I'd say this idea, while novel, would be a waste of resources.

T79boy

Awesome Player
so say if i know i am going to loose a multiplayer game and am winning 2 others wouldnt it be beneficial to delay the ones im winning till i loose the other game thus loosing less points ?

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Yep, although it will only be one point or so less that you would lose..if that.

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
Well it would be two fold zsp, you would lose less points for losing before winning and then you would gain more points for having less points before you won.

T79boy

Awesome Player
Well it would be two fold zsp, you would lose less points for losing before winning and then you would gain more points for having less points before you won.

exactly

zspBANNED

Awesome Player

....uh thanks?