• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Judgement day cometh!

warneke

Awesome Player
I submitted a list of people I'd like to see vanish. I wonder if my request was granted!

Kjell

Awesome Player
I was kind of hoping the rapture would come so I wouldn't have to write on my thesis, but it looks like I have to... not that I would've been raptured but maybe my archaeology proffessor!

Seems like some people sold their homes and spent their kids college fund because they thought the rapture was coming. I don't mean to be rude but just... how stupid can some people get?

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
It has been really interesting. It is peopel like this (Camping) that preach and talk that give other Christians (myself) a bad name.
People then tend to associate those ideas (rapture this saturday) with all Chrisitans and just push them off as crazies.

It is just disappointing how he claims to "use" the Bible to predict these dates when the Bible itself says the dates can't be known.
When Christ comes back no one will know the date or time.

Matt 24:36-42
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.​

But on the flip side, it has been an opportunity to discuss and talk about what I really believe in regards to God and teh rapture and other associated things so it is not all in vain.

See you all this Sunday (and by see I mean I wil see the words you have typed in the forums. haha)

yeah, im 100% with you there wids

eh, Aussies are a bunch of heathens anyway, nobody would notice the rapture there. Although, I know Thunder is an aussie Christian, and I am sitting for his account this weekend..... he gave me some vague description of a "vacation" he was going on, true story. lol

lol, its all good, im home safe and sound from my "vacation" :p

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I'd like to add a bit of perspective, lest this latest bit of radicalism become people's idea of Christianity. As an answer to all the craze, the pastor of our church started a new series about prophesy and predictions. We sat down at the service, the lights went slowly down, a bass note grows until it's shaking our insides, then we hear it, those sweet iconic mid 80s synth notes........

Lol, our band seriously went to town on this song, we don't have a choir, we pretty much have a rock band. The point is, everyone, including 99.9% of Christians realized this guys predictions were a joke.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Orbo, I'm glad your church could have some fun with this. I don't think this makes all Christians look bad - it just provides more ammo for those who feel the need to find fault with religion.

Meanwhile, down the street from me, Mr. Camping emerged from his home today, confused and disappointed. It was like Groundhog's Day - he stepped out of his door, didn't see the landscape in flames and the four horsemen riding across a dark sky, and went back inside to wait out the rest of spring.

giuppi

Awesome Player
Meanwhile, down the street from me, Mr. Camping emerged from his home today, confused and disappointed. It was like Groundhog's Day - he stepped out of his door, didn't see the landscape in flames and the four horsemen riding across a dark sky, and went back inside to wait out the rest of spring.

Any sociologist out there might want to read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

and this:
http://commonsenseatheism.com/wp-co...on-When-Prophecy-Fails-and-Faith-Persists.pdf (warning, scientific article)

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Boy, I hope so, I'm not looking forward to another northeast winter.