• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Judgement day cometh!

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Judgement day... goeth

As some of you are probably already aware, this Saturday is Judgement Day. Mr. Harold Camping, a radio preacher with a national audience who lives about three blocks from me, has declared it so.

I live in one of the most secular places in the country,yet oddly there are huge billboards up around here declaring the impending Rapture. I can only imagine it's worse elsewhere, or are we the lucky ones?

Whatever the case, you'd better get your turns in before it's too late.

Last edited:

Restrepo

Awesome Player
Please tell me your kidding... he got billboards all over the world, here where reason rules our country theres no billboards though.

Last edited:

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
It has been really interesting. It is peopel like this (Camping) that preach and talk that give other Christians (myself) a bad name.
People then tend to associate those ideas (rapture this saturday) with all Chrisitans and just push them off as crazies.

It is just disappointing how he claims to "use" the Bible to predict these dates when the Bible itself says the dates can't be known.
When Christ comes back no one will know the date or time.

Matt 24:36-42
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.​

But on the flip side, it has been an opportunity to discuss and talk about what I really believe in regards to God and teh rapture and other associated things so it is not all in vain.

See you all this Sunday (and by see I mean I wil see the words you have typed in the forums. haha)

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
What I find interesting is that Mr. Camping put a 30 year roof on his house last summer. I guess he's not terribly committed to the idea that the end of the world is upon us.

And yes, Restrepo, i was joking. I just wanted to put that first post out there and let folks respond.

Wid, there will always be those who are on the fringe - strict fundamentalists and extremists - and the fringe always makes the mainstream look bad. End of the World types make Christians look bad. Muslim extremists blow people up and make the world's largest religion look bad. Pro-life extremists who shoot doctors and family-values preachers who suck each other off in airport men's rooms make the right look bad, and there are no shortage of mindless hippy types making the left look bad. Some ass hole gets drunk and beats to death a guy with a Giants hat and it makes Dodgers fans look bad.

Actually, there may be something seriously flawed with Dodgers fans. Dodger Dog my ass.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Just be sure you have an account sitter ready in case of Rapture.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
did you see that some guy who says he's an athiest (somewhere in that area, I believe) has offered to take care of the peoples pets when they get called up?
for a small fee of $110 (payable in advance, non-refundable) he will take care of your beloved pet for 10 years. Apparently so far over 300 people have signed up. Guy has pulled in about $35K.....

I laughed my ass off when I read that. Now WHY don't I ever think of stuff like that?

Marauder

Awesome Player
For those of you leaving in the rapture, I would like to personally offer my services to babysit your account after you have left this earthly world. I have reasonable skills in game play and commit myself to winning every game. It may get a bit complicated if multiple people in the same game have left in the rapture, but I assure you I will work out the details. I do need the money up front, a measly $1000.00 directed to my PayPal account. Contact me for details.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/of...-rapture-pet-care-dpgoha-20110518-fc_13255888

Marauder

Awesome Player
Damnit Cardinalsrule, you beat me by two minutes! ;)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
:p

Kjell

Awesome Player
Boy will his face be red if there isn't a rapture tomorrow.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Boy will his face be red if there isn't a rapture tomorrow.

Are you kidding, this guy already has is excuse practiced and written for months.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Hmm.. I wonder if it's coincidence that the wife and I decided to go to Sat. night service this week?.... lol, we really did, but this is the first I've heard of the rapture coming. Wish I had a bit more warning, we would have cleared out the savings account and gone to Fiji or something.

warneke

Awesome Player
I have a large stack of Power of Attorney documents I'd like everyone to sign. Please? It would be oh, so helpful!

Restrepo

Awesome Player
Australia survived the "deadline", life goes on...

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Alright, here we are! Beam me up, Goddie!

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
eh, Aussies are a bunch of heathens anyway, nobody would notice the rapture there. Although, I know Thunder is an aussie Christian, and I am sitting for his account this weekend..... he gave me some vague description of a "vacation" he was going on, true story. lol

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Maybe it's more of an early-evening, pacific coast time rapture...

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Damn...

Guess i better make the bed after all...

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Hello everyone, this is The Lord. Shepherd has been lifted up, and I will be turn sitting for him until his games are completed. I anticipate excellent dice.

Have a nice six months.