• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Is this site rigged by the owners?

BlueVelvet

Awesome Player
Hi, I am new here and and think the site is great so far but have a question.

I have just played this guy DDrider and he said that the site is rigged and the owners give good dice and cards to certain players. Is this true? I didn't have good dice at the start and then they got better and I won.

This is the game we played, I'm not sure if you will be able to see it:

https://www.majorcommand.com/games/443351/

If the site is rigged then there is no real point in playing here as it doesn't make sense.

Has anyone else experienced this? I hope the site is fair as I think it's really good.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
AND in big numbers when its lets say 100vs100 the attacker wins 99% of the time, while the defender should actually have the better chances, it ALWAYS fails to...

Interesting fact: The bigger the stack, the bigger the advantage for the attacker. So if you notice the attacker winning the majority of 100 v 100 attacks, then things are working correctly. :)

http://datagenetics.com/blog/november22011/index.html

Another interesting fact: Reading our Wiki helps you win more games....

https://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Nature_of_Dice_Luck_and_Streaks#Dice_Probabilities

Have fun!

Upvote 0

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Hello folks I would like to just add something I have noticed happening in a pattern, like a real real pattern so far.

Troops of 6-7 can easily conquer territory defending with troops of 3. Then troops of 15 get smashed by troops of 2-3. AND in big numbers when its lets say 100vs100 the attacker wins 99% of the time, while the defender should actualy have the better chances, it ALWAYS fails to... I am here long time and this really is a pattern that does not belong in all other situations... in these specific situations the results are TOO OFTEN the same... to avoid going with the 99% statement coz ofc its not that high :) but if I do go in % I would say its closer to 80% :)

I KNOW that the site is not rigged for anybody but the randomness formula is rly not all that random, it does follow some kind of a pattern so I just follow it :) My 2 cents on the matter :D

They have the odds up somewhere. Maybe the Wiki. Attacker with 3 dice has a slight edge over the defender with two dice. Maybe 53-47% I also find the formula used maybe is to wide ranged. You have been on the site a long time. Hope to see more posts.

Upvote 0

MeNtisH

Awesome Player
Thank you for the links sheriff I had a nice read:) didn't know these stuff actually were intended to work that way, it was just something I have noticed over the time :) glad to know for a fact how things should be operating now.

Riskyone, i am not much of a forums guy i occasionally come here to read a thing or two and mostly play real time games. I cannot imagine myself playing a single game for months or even years :)))

Upvote 0

Rayredskin

Awesome Player
dont even go there with the "whats the point in cheating". Played lots of on line games and there are always cheaters and ways to cheat. From the small sample I have seen this game no different

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, no doubt there are cheaters. But the point is, the people who run the site aren't 'rigging' it. That would be just stupid.

Upvote 0

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
dont even go there with the "whats the point in cheating". Played lots of on line games and there are always cheaters and ways to cheat. From the small sample I have seen this game no different

They catch a lot of cheaters on this site and ban them. There are good people and players here. When you joined my 1x1 Africa game and then said that you didn't realise what map/game you joined. I just let it go AWOL. The players that play regularly don't care to cheat. If you do suspect one. I would report that player. Rank and points are alright, but most regular players play for the fun and challenge of a good strategic game. I tell my friend that when they see me in a game. Don't think twice about attacking me. Play to win. I never take it personnel.:shakehands:

Upvote 0

KingJABBANNED

Awesome Player
The entire premise of this thread is based on a misstatement or a lie. BlueVelvet stated he is quoting DDRIDER as saying the site is rigged.

Well, DDRider is unable to speak for herself at the moment. She is recovering from 2 major surgeries in the past 3 months and is in very a serious health condition. She is unable to nor would I even let her know what is being alleged about her.

I know DD better than anyone on this site. I know her in real life. She is my baby sister.

Thing is, I know D has said some things in the past about dice. She does believe and so do MANY MANY MANY MANY others that something is not accurate in the random dice generator routine or that it is being manipulated in some way by a roving patch of code. She believes that. She made mathematical models to prove it and I looked at it, my father who is a mathematic and programming genius looked at it and we both find the empirical data she presented to suggest that something is terribly wrong with the randomness of the dice.

EVEN SO, both dad and myself have made the case AGAINST there being a direct plan on the part of site owners to rig a game. I have experienced some insane anomalies regards bad dice. So what, some days I'm the windshield, some days I'm the bug. But no, I don't think the site owners are responsible.

I wrote a subroutine that captured all of her dice rolls over 5000 games going back to when she had a previous account, the DDRider account and my dad's account. SOME of the "streaks" are so far outside the standard deviation patter to be comical. So I agree, there is some kind of problem with dice at times. Dice affects the games more than almost any other factor on this site including skill.

So I am agreeing with the site owner, New Sheriff and also site manager cardinalsrule. It is absurd to imagine the managers of this site do anything to affect the outcome of any game. But I also believe there is something wrong in the program.

Having said all that, all I wanted to do was make it clear to BlueVelvet, NO! My sister never blamed it on manipulation of the site by management. I think you may have misread what she said or conflated separate comments. I just feel I need to set that straight.

Little Diana is a genius in her own right. And like dad says all the time, why she is obsessed with becoming the best player here is beyond me. I get hooked on games too I guess and we have all played on conquer club, but this site has many advantages. Either way, I don't want people misquoting or worse case lying about DDRider. If she did think that, she has not thought that in a very long time. That I can guarantee you. Long before BlueVelvet showed up. BTW, I have no issue at all with Blue, played him many times, think he is a good dude.

That is all I have to say on that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
KingJAB, What you wrote was well thought out. I also agree the owners and managers aren't trying to manipulate games. The dice generator is off. I think your a great guy coming to your sister's defence, even thou she doesn't need it. Like you said the whole premise was wrong. Your sister was in a lot of pain before the procedures and got upset with me because she thought I was stalling, but we worked it out. I truly hope her recovery goes well. I know that her health wasn't the reason for the thread, but I feel her health was more important. It sounds like between you, her, and your dad, very smart family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0