• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Interested in a speed tournament? Come give it a go!

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
This is a post to try and see how many would be interested in a speed tournament! The general idea would be that there should be at least 10 in it to start with (the more the merrier!).

Amount of players: Everyone that wants to enter
Entry: 10 points

Guidelines:
1. Be fast
2. Don't be slow

Rules and Judgings:
* How to win:
- Be in the fastest game and win. The winner from the fastest game for each round will either get 1 round of immunity or a round off. Immunity does not stop you from being eliminated if it looks like you're being slow on purpose.
* How to lose:
- Go past the deadline or lose the slowest game within the deadline.
If you go past the deadline, both players will have their time assessed and the slower one will instantly be eliminated.
- Lose the slowest game-if the winner was found to purposely slow down the game so you would lose, you may report it to /user/Geoffrey/ and I will assess the situation. Screenshots may make my job easier.

I've never done this kind of thing before, and nothing is set in stone just yet - feel free to suggest anything that might make this better :)

In: Cardinalsrule, ndrm31, riskyone, ericjkline, edsdad, Geoffrey, jasmine1978, BudH, JohnBoyd, Seekthetruth

Section that gets updated:
ROUND 3:
This game can be started whenever all players are ready. So far this tournament has been a series of 1v1s, but now that we have an even 8 players I thought two 4 player games would be appropiate! While you will still be relying on other players, this time individual times matter far more than the combined times. Each turn, the time from when everyone was waiting for you to when you end your turn will be calculated and added to the games message board, and the slowest two people from either game will be eliminated!

Opponents:
Game 1: Geoffrey, Riskyone, Ndrm31 and Ericjkline
Game 2: Seekthetruth, JohnBoyd, Jasmine1978, BudH

I will send the invites out for game 1, someone will have to send the invites out for Game 2.

I do have a formula for who gets chosen for what games, but this is all behind the scenes - any questions feel free to ask me :)

Allowed settings:
Duck and Cover
Players 4
Objective: Standard
Teams: Singles
Turn Order: Sequential
Reserves: Escalate
Reinforcement Allowance: None, One, Three or Unlimited
Reinforcement: Anywhere, Path or Border
Force: Chance
Turn Length 24 hr (casual)

You are allowed to start your game whenever you want.

How to calculate how long a turn went on for:
Go to the record tab after a turn, and all the timestamps should be there.
http://i.imgur.com/qEpCffW.png
At 12/30/15 09:45:45 everyone started waiting for Geoffrey.
At 12/30/15 16:41:34 Geoffrey ended his turn
Remember to keep an eye on the date as well.
Then in the game chat, the user would self-post their time (to hopefully be checked by their opponents for accuracy). For that turn, for example, I would post:
Geoffreys turn: 09-45-45 to 16-41-34, 6 hours 55 Minutes 49 seconds

I spent less than 2 minutes on the math, it's simple enough, but if you don't have the time to work it out or you can' work it outt, you may want to ask your opponents for help because I did struggle for a bit trying to figure out the best way to do it.
For this, I got a bit of paper and put the numbers like this:

16/41/34 (the ending time)
-----------------------------
09/45/45 (the starting time)

The number below the line will be subtracted by the number above the line.

34 - 45 = -11 seconds
41 - 45 = -4 minutes
16 - 09 = 7 hours

7 hours - 4 minutes = 6 Hours and 56 minutes - 11 seconds = 6 hours 55 minutes and 49 seconds

This may sound complicated, but after a round or two it should be simple enough :)

Note: Winning a game in the first 20 turns will take 1 hour off your overall time (to be worked out by me).
All games will be timed up until round 21, where you will be allowed to finish the game but the game and times will no longer count toward the speed tournament (as in only the first 20 rounds should be calculated for the speed tournament)

Good luck!

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'll play

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
count me n!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I will give it a try.

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Sounds fun to me. It would be kind of interesting to have a stat on "average time per turn" for players.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
I'm game.

jasmine1978

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
The Borg
yep sounds different & fun sign me in pls ;-)

BudH

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
I am in

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
I'm not in, I'm far too slow :p

Just wanted to suggest you start on a weekend, I know there's a variety of people on majcom and I think it'd be more fair to the working adults. People in school, especially college, would have a big advantage on getting through games during the week.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Fair point Dalinar, I didn't think of that :)

JohnBoyd, I was hoping to get about 16-ish people, but any number is fine to me really - this is my first time doing anything like this!

Perhaps starting this saturday, numbers or not, which will be Friday for most of you due to my time zone? This tournament will work fine with the number of people we have, anyway! A smaller number might even be more suitable for my first time :p

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

SeekTheTruth

Awesome Player
Hi, just so you know I never got a message about this so you may need to add me to your list. I'll send Risky an invite now.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
My inbox says that you got one 17 hours 45 minutes ago along with everybody else! :/

Perhaps I should ask around, did anybody else not get an inbox - did I do something wrong?

I have messaged at least one person involved in each of the games anyway, to ensure that the game gets finished by next friday :)

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Im sorry I just reicived Geiffrey message but any game invitatiion or suggestion to create :s

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I tried private messaging you this, but it came up with server error 500

just to make sure you're aware of the settings -

ROUND 1:
Classic Evolved
Casual timed games only
1v1
7 day time limit
Allowed settings: Reinforcement; None, One - Path or Anywhere
Flatrate, Escalite or Escalate
Chance, NOT FIXED.
Up to the users discretions, please post all games in the thread with a link to the game and saying who won or lost, as well as what time your game ended. The time that your game ends will count, not the time it was posted here.
Eliminations: The loser of the slowest game or any game that lasts longer than 7 days.
All players would be inboxed at the start of each round, telling them who they are playing and reminding them to hurry up!
Depending on how this goes, larger games may be tried out in later rounds.
1. Budh V Cardinalsrule
2. edsdad V ericjkline
3. Geoffrey V Jasmine1978
4. JohnBoyd V Ndrm31
5. Riskyone V Seekthetruth

You can always double check anything on the very first post on the speed tournament forum, which is constantly being updated :)

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Hi Geoffrey, Yes, I'm sorry. Some of your message got stuck. Normally I would get notified and fix it immediately, but it looks like that after we switched servers, my notifications stopped also! Your report highlighted this problem and I will get Marcos to fix it as soon as he wakes up.

Looks like a server problem then, that does make me feel a little better but this is still a problem! My solution will probably be for everyone to finish their round 1 games before Friday with no eliminations, and then have a round 1.5 next weekend :) Round 1.5 will be you replaying your opponent you played in round 1, but whoever started first will start second, 1v1 same settings. The time your game starts does matter, if you start before round 1.5 starts, it will not count.

You will be allowed to play you games will be starting Saturday 12PM Saturday NZST, which is 6PM Friday EST, if that makes times any easier, and the game details and your opponent will be mailed out on thursday - please reply if you get a copy :) Hopefully round 1.5 runs more smoothly, sorry for this guys!