• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

[IDEA] Map for 1v...NOTHING???

thenoahw

Awesome Player
I would imagine that since I haven't seen it that we do not have the ability to run AI games on this site or at least do not have the desire to "code it in" (or whatever it is you gaming magicians do in your Sheriff's sweatshop)

But I was wondering some things. I know we can set up a map with only one tert, or a few, not coded to start neutral(12Domains). I know we have a few features like the autodecay (Conflict Afrika) and negative commands but I was wondering if we had any other features that would make a campaign against neutrals especially difficult. I was especially wondering if there was any ability to make the neutrals autodeploy 1 per round when neutral but auto decay 1 when occupied.

The reason I was thinking about this is because the other sites I play risk on have AI but, to be frank, the AI sucks. And the scenario I had in mind when trying to brainstorm on this was an Empire of Japan map where the player, from their 3-4 small island terts, must reach out and conquer the Pacific, East Asia, SE Asia, and Australia (possibly the West coast of the Americas, I dont know yet). But the player would have to find a balance between a fast and slow game because too fast and you wouldn't be able to build up the forces needed and then the auto decays would kill you, but too slow and the autodeploy neutrals would be ridiculous strong on the edges of the map by the time you got there.

Obviously, there would have to be some positive commands so it was possibly to stay in the positive for troop income but mostly autodecay territories when you're conquering the world seems realistic to me. Resistance movements forcing the occupying power to keep troops stationed in unfriendly occupied land.

Just throwing something out there. Any thoughts?

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
but how would the points be awarded ?

Oggyyy

Awesome Player
The Borg
Only way I see this working is if it is for "zero points" - and a special "medal" be acheived.

Playing it should probably be restricted to once a day? week? - so that anyone achieving the medal would have had to have spent some time / some great tactics earning it

Oh and it should be hard as hell.

p.s I like the general idea if done carefully - quite out of the box for Majcom.

Last edited:

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Ohhh yeah.... points... I forgot about that. I think it would have to be either hard as hell and for a medal or maybe just for fun and see how people like it

thenoahw

Awesome Player
So I guess this wouldn't work since we work strictly on a points system here?

pelgrimBANNED

Awesome Player
I can't see the "point", the whole idea of coming here is having humans on the other side playing the game.
There are excellent desktop risk games available if you need AI.