• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

[IDEA] Battling for the Pacific

Oggyyy

Awesome Player
The Borg
Jumping on the band wagon slightly as I am proposing a map myself which most of you will have seen.

In terms of the programming / ability to code the map in to a playable state - my day job is software programming, in fact I offered my services to help the site a few years back but it never actually happened, and now it has been bought / being run by different people.

I would gladly help code any new maps that are authorized or even help share the load with Shepherd - I'll shoot him a message and see what he says.

thenoahw

Awesome Player
I shan't give up!

Reviving this a little.

The first picture is the original one I posted and the second is more of what I was imagining when I posted the topic in the first place. It makes it a little more clear that most of the fighting was intended to happen in the crescent around Australia. I feel like the perspective from the Southwest and sliding the American continents over to the edge like shown drastically decreases the amount of "empty or wasted space" like was pointed out before.

It was also suggested the map might end up as one giant semicircle where someone could just get a lucky drop at one end and be assured a win. Looking at my preliminary map, I don't see even see that as a possibility. There are bridges between Polynesia and the South American as well as mid-pacific territories. This map is no more a circle than the original Risk map.

So, any and all thoughts on this updated concept map, let me hear them.

Attachments

• Pacific Nations sea routes Nesias.png
    Pacific Nations sea routes Nesias.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 76
  • PACIFIC RISK MAP.jpg
    PACIFIC RISK MAP.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 73

thenoahw

Awesome Player
To stop the map from getting too complicated you could grey out Australia, Asia and the Americas... to keep the map pacific-ring-of-fire orientated!
But then we have nothing on the right side of the map except Ocean which is what I was trying to avoid. I also could see graying out some of SE Asia and maybe Korea but I feel like as a Pacific map, we shouldn't take out the big players such as the US, Russia, and China. In a battle for the Pacific having influence over these nations would be a tremendous advantage.

I liked the idea of incorporating the RoF into the map via a few volcanoes scattered about but a map of this alone would be lacking in my opinion. This is why I have consistently included terts along the continental coasts as well as the full extend of the island nations in the Pacific. I don't feel like it's making it overly complicated or crowded so far, nowhere near the complexity of Afrika even.