• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

How sure before a blitz?

paul4763

Awesome Player
How much of an advantage do you need before you feel safe using the blitz button? I recently had a 7-1 and 9-1 advantage, and ended up taking neither. And in the not so distant past had 14-2 advantage overturned. It can be a cruel cruel world sometimes, but I've basically been put off from using the blitz button until I have at least a 97-1 advantage.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I blitz on 6v3. Can't help myself. In fact, I use the blitz button on every attack when I aim to take over the region. Even if its 4v2 or something. I only use single attacks when I want to dip my toe in the water and see what happens.

bitglory

Awesome Player
Same here. I blitz on everything except when I am at a disadvantage or I strategically just want to weaken an opponent but not take the region.

Kjell

Awesome Player
I blitz left, right and center indiscriminately.

Marauder

Awesome Player
Just out of curiosity, would anyone else be interested in a Blitz + Advance All button? Seems like it may be beneficial for making long runs in real time games instead of blitzing and then having to select all or one...

mapguy

Awesome Player
Just out of curiosity, would anyone else be interested in a Blitz + Advance All button? Seems like it may be beneficial for making long runs in real time games instead of blitzing and then having to select all or one...

ooooooooooooo, -Not a bad idea.

paul4763

Awesome Player
I can't do it. I can't bring myself to press it anymore, I'm really cautious. I press assault and just wait to see the 2 ice cubes on the left and the blazing double 6 on the right. Maybe I jsut need dice therapy.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I use blitz on any attack where I am going to go all the way down to 3 if necessary to take the country. I've had some bad luck with it, losing on 16-3 once, but I also used it once out of desperation and won a 20 on 30 with 10 left over.....

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I think I've used the single attack button less than 10 times total, NO BLITZ NO GLORY!

Restrepo

Awesome Player
ive been let down by blitz so many times I don't even care if it's perfectly logic, to me it's a death trap, So i feel you Paul.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I'm not a fan of blitz, save for in RT games where I'm trying to take a ton of terits in the 5-min window. I've gotten so hosed on so many blitzes that I just pretend the button doesn't exist.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I blitz on every single attack, unless whittling down someone with multiple forces. I simply choose to assume its random, and doesn't matter, and hope for the best. Overall, I know it will average out regardless, and at least this way, I save some precious time.....which I will use to work.....

so I can afford my new monitor(s)...

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Technically, Blitz has been off-line for about 24 days... with about 6 to go...

but in all seriousness...
i tend not to use it for smaller critical attacks,
but when the doctrine of overwhelming force is at play to sweep the board then it's blitz baby, blitz all the way!

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I use blitz about 75% of the time... like Badorties, if I'm determined to take a region I'll hit blitz. If it is my fate to be mooned by the dice I'd rather in happen in one swift motion than to have to sit there powerless as the nightmare unfolds incrementally before my eyes.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Shep, the blitz button is beckoning you right now, time to go wipe what's left of me off that ClassMass game.

Rimbaud

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
The Duellers Society
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
i only use blitz on real time games where the time is pretty important and in situations where i practically won the game, like when in the total troops i have 200 and the enemy 20 or something like that, otherwise i never blitz...

...its pretty scaring =(