• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

How many games.........

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Just counted my active games,got 26 on the go.
Got me to thinking"atsa lotta freeking games"
Now I'm wondering how many games does the average player have going on ?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I have 18 right now, typically between 15-20.

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
3. i have trouble remembering what my strategy is if i'm playing too many games on the same maps. if only there were more maps to play on *hint hint hint o great and wonderful developers*

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
dont worry Jewmowrestler, there a some awesome new maps just around the corner :)
dont know when they will be out but im sure with wont be long :D (have to get bado or someone to give an ETA)

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Usually 5-10 for me.

SG

Awesome Player
13 at the moment.

Never more than 25, I get lost after.

T79boy

Awesome Player
someone should look at how many Afus has , i stopped counting at 40, must be around 60 !

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
It really waxes and wanes depending on my work schedule, but rarely more than 15 or so. Too many more games and my play starts to suffer significantly.

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
I have around 30 going right now, although I find that I make many, many stupid mistakes when I have over 20 or so going. I can still reanalyze my strategy and review the diplomacy tab just fine, but I find that I tend to click end assault twice, preventing reinforcements, about 1/3 of the time when i'm plowing through 15 turns during my morning routine. It ceases to be about overanalyzing every situation and becomes more of a streamlined mechanized process, smoothly transitioning from one to the other while not investing too much thought or painstaking effort into each and every match. Once you have over 20 or so going, the games become statistics: wins, losses. It ceases to be about a contest of wills or glacial advances, taking victory slowly but surely. You become more rash, anxious to finish so that you can play a new map against new players in new postions, simply because as soon as you hit end turn, you know that there are ten more battlefields ready and waiting.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
i think this all depends on the number of players in the game..

currently i have 6 games..
a pair of 5p games, 1 6p, 1 8p, and a couple 12p games
for a total of 42 opponents

and that's enough for me...
and a bit more than i would normally have

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Generally if I have more than five or six it occupies more of my time than I like to give up. Right now I have seven, because I'm sick and bored. When the next round of new maps come out I may add a few more, both to test them out and to help generate interest.