• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

How do i delete my account?

george

Awesome Player
How can someone delete his account? I can't find that option here.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
There is no option to delete an account. Why would you want to delete your account?

Upvote 0

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
True story :D

Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
if it's your name you want changed, send Bado a note.. i'm sure he'd be happy to help you change it. :)

Upvote 0

george

Awesome Player
Thank you all for your response! With no offense, I just didn't like the fact I didn't have the option to leave from a casual game and also there aren't many games in the real time which I prefer. At least have I the option to unsuscribe my email?

Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Thank you all for your response! With no offense, I just didn't like the fact I didn't have the option to leave from a casual game and also there aren't many games in the real time which I prefer. At least have I the option to unsuscribe my email?

well.. we ARE currently in Beta, so the things you have issues with i am sure will be upgraded before we go live, though i am not sure what you mean when you say "leave from a casual game".. if you've joined, why would you want to?

As for RT games, have you noticed the Real Time Riot (All RT game night) we have scheduled for this upcoming Saturday Feb. 19th? it might be something that would interest you. And when we do go live, we expect a lot more rt game action.

go into your settings to unsubscribe from email notifications, the link to them can be found in your dog tag.

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

No offense taken. We appreciate your feedback.

Which email notifications are you receiving that you'd like to unsubscribe from? The email notification that I know about, you can turn off in your user settings

Upvote 0

SheilahtheSay

Awesome Player
Why would someone want to delete their account here.

Here's a great reason.

This site tried to make an unauthorized subscription withdrawal from my checking account.
Fortunately for me the card that's on file here. Has been replaced with another card and different number.

Now that's a very good reason to get off this site!

Now. I would like to delete my account please.

Sheilah Say

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
when you sign up, you either sign up for automatic renewal, or not. Have to assume that you left the default, automatic renewal, authorized.

Upvote 0

BAB00N

Awesome Player
The Borg
The Embassy
when you sign up, you either sign up for automatic renewal, or not. Have to assume that you left the default, automatic renewal, authorized.

Just for informational purposes, how would one go about editing these options, either to automatic or non automatic, or even changing payment methods??

BAB00N :stupido2:

Upvote 0

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Just for informational purposes, how would one go about editing these options, either to automatic or non automatic, or even changing payment methods??

BAB00N :stupido2:

I guess go to settings and cancel your subscription and do it over with your prefenced options.

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Why would someone want to delete their account here.

Here's a great reason.

This site tried to make an unauthorized subscription withdrawal from my checking account.
Fortunately for me the card that's on file here. Has been replaced with another card and different number.

Now that's a very good reason to get off this site!

Now. I would like to delete my account please.

Sheilah Say

The subscription is recurring, you authorize it when you purchase it. People often think its unauthorized because it renews every 6 months, instead of every month like most subscriptions. An alternative would be to bill people $1.66 a month but then paypal and the banks would be taking their cut six times instead of once. You can cancel your auto-renew by cancelling your subscription, you will remain a stategist until your 6 months are up. Enjoy your day.

Upvote 0

BAB00N

Awesome Player
The Borg
The Embassy
I guess go to settings and cancel your subscription and do it over with your prefenced options.

Thanks for the reply Pats! Just making sure i hadn't missed anything. So if someone wanted to upgrade they just message bado for an upgrade then. Good to know!

BAB00N :adore:

Upvote 0

Jappa

Awesome Player
I want to delete my account immidiately. I have no interest to play on this site. I have no problems with this site. Just delete. I don't want my data on every site, so please delete.

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I'm not sure what data you are talking about. I can't delete accounts, it creates holes in the database that cause errors and bugs. Just don't come back... like everything else on the internet.

Upvote 0

rob6483

Awesome Player
I want to delete my account immidiately. I have no interest to play on this site. I have no problems with this site. Just delete. I don't want my data on every site, so please delete.

1. You only played one game, and now there are three games (all three of which you haven't taken even a single turn) that will get screwed up by you going AWOL.

2. There aren't any problems with this site, but you have not interest in this site. So why join in the first place?

3. What data? A screen name?

4. If a tree falls in a forest, but no one is around to hear it, does it go viral on the internet?

who-is-this.jpg

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
4. If a tree falls in a forest, but no one is around to hear it, does it go viral on the internet?

:rofl: Fortunately I had just swallowed my drink, otherwise it would be all over the screen.

Upvote 0

alkan

Awesome Player
How can you review, update, correct, or delete personal information

You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information that has been collected through the Website by emailing us at [email protected] or by contacting us at:

MajorCommand LLP.
876 Carnaby Crescent
Oshawa, ON, L1G2Y8, Canada
Attn: Privacy Policy Request.

Please note that certain types of personal information are necessary in order to check eligibility, such as birth date or age. These cannot be deleted unless you close your Account. Such information may be modified providing necessary verification of the new information is provided. Note that deletion of your personal data may lead to the termination of your account and related applicable services.

Doesn't this clearly state that there actually is an option to delete/close an account?
I recently got surprised (Since I haven't played for over a year or so) that I got an e-mail which wanted me to pay for subscription. Since I don't play I managed to get my account info and unsubscribe. Still, and as others said before - no offense, I don't have the time to play on this site anymore in the future. I therefore want to delete my account.
That is a legit reason to want to close my account (Still can't grasp the fact that the posters in the thread asked why in the first place)

//A

Upvote 0

rob6483

Awesome Player
I'm not sure what the official response will be from the higher ups, but I think part of the confusion may be the wording. As I understand it, the screen name "alkan" can not be deleted as this is/has been in use, and if it was deleted it would cause problems down the line if someone else wanted to use "alkan". However, the billing side of your "account" can be deleted (and should be if you're no longer using the site). Personal information on your profile can be deleted at any time by going to settings, and email alerts can be set to "off" there as well.

As to the last part, most of the requests to have accounts deleted are silly in that no personal information or billing information of any kind has been collected. I understand that that is not the case in your situation. In many cases though, someone has just created a screen name and nothing more and for some reason wants this deleted, which as I said above, would cause problems if someone else wanted that screen name at a later date.

Again, I'd wait to hear what the higher ups have to say as I am in no way official.

Upvote 0